What's new

Welcome!

Oricorios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Well...
When Floatzel uses Aqua Ring, later Baton Pass and when we call out it again in duel, it hasn't possibility to use second time Aqua Ring.

I saw users of Oricorios used Protection, then Baton Pass. After calling out Oricorio they could use Protection once again. It makes them really strong, couse they can have 2 times full hp in duel and 2x protection. Floatzel was also strong during using Aqua Ring/Baton Pass/Aqua Ring and it has been changed.

My question is: will it be changed in Oricorios family? I mean after using Protection once, users won't be able to use it another time after Baton Pass?

Mirajane

Reaction score
More than likely will not be changed. I think that having double protection is too op so I agree with your comment.

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score
[SUB][/SUB]Currently on Diamond there are only 3 players that use Oricorio on their base team. Caxoxd, Ashh “something” and I, besides that sometimes Ste Men, Josep Anuel Aa and Skelth. I disagree with Lewuseq because:

The perfect counter for all Oricorio form are pokes that has No Guard as ability, ignoring this “perk” that Lewuseq wrote, protection one. Aurorus being an ice/rock pokemon and Lycanroc midnight form.

Besides No Guard ability, a lot of Pokémon has the possibility to learn Feint, breaking Oricorio protection.

And finally Floatzel being only Water type has 2 weakness, grass and electric. Isn’t a secret that Water type is one of the most powerful types on Padventures due a combination between strong and heal moves. I invite you, Lewuseq, try to use against Floatzel something electric or grass, and I 100% sure that every poke that duel against Floatzel it’s going to suffer, doesn’t matter which one. With the right skills and TMs, Floatzel before this Aqua Ring nerf was a beast, now it’s just one of the top water pokemon.

Still tho, this is my opinion, being one of the three Oricorio’s user.

Last edited:

Tsotss

Reaction score
Ok, then imagine that duel lasts.

You are using Oricorio vs my ice/rock poke with Feint or in the best case Aurorus/Lycanroc midnight form. Still you have "avdentage". Why? Becouse for example of using Tetter Dance from afar - stun my pokemon and later for example Revelation Dance or any other (don't know what Oricotios have in moveset exactly).

1st case (against pokemon with Feint) - Tetter Dance/any move with big DMG/protection/any other move; while you are using Protection, I am gonna use Feint to broke Protection (4k~ DMG). Then you are using Baton Pass what changes your pokemon for different random one. Ok, it can be even worse for my luck, but before using Baton Pass you took me much HP becouse of DMG which you made me. Propably always you will defeat my pokemon. Then later in the best case can call out Oricorios with Protection and almost full hp (lets say less 5k couse of Feint and hand DMG).

2nd case (against Aurorus/Lycanroc midnight form) - the same - Tetter Dance/move with big DMG/another move with big DMG/Baton Pass. In that case you have worse adventage becouse of ability No Guard, but still you took much HP (not much as in 1st case) and change for another random pokemon (which also can be bad for you). And later again you can call put Oricorio with Protection and much HP.

Now lets say from the other side.
I am using pokemon which is good to Oricorio - stun it, DMG (during it, you are using protection - in normal case to avoid taking too much HP). Then u use any DMG move while I use Feint and you are using Baton Pass. Ok - here I am, I took half~ HP of Oricorio, nice! But still you will another protection and stun etc. Also after changing you have pokemon with another Protection/Reflect or pokemon without it, but good enough to defeat me.

Lets talk about Oricorio vs pokemon with ability No Guard.
1st Aurorus - 2 stun which can be used from afar, others Aurorus must be close enough to make you stunned. Still here you have adventage of using Tetter Dance which can be used from afar and the same story, DMG move, I can stun you now, make some DMG, then you use Baton Pass. Still you changed your Oricorio with half HP~ (or with small HP if random DMG move, like Falling Rock will take much DMG). Then you have another pokemon which can easily defeat me couse of taken HP during using Oricorio.
2nd Lycanroc midnight form - I can use Rock Polish as a TM to make you stunned from afar and then lets say Falling Rocks to take you much HP as it is possible, but during Falling Rocks you can stun me from afar, make some DMG and use Baton Pass and later the same as in Arurorus case.

Here I am talking about very good duelers like you, Caxoxd and many others. Almost always you are on winning side. Don't know what should happen to lost the duel (maybe wrong team, but I saw many times your team and know that you exactly know what you want to have).

They are different scenarios of fight between Oricorio and pokemon with Feint/ability No Guard. Everyone fights in different way - it's obvious, but I think those are more often to happen than others one.

Forget to mention - Aurorus can use Reflect always and Lycanroc Counter, but still is big adventage of using Tetter Dance and even if you failed couse of Reflect or Counter, still you can use Baton Pass.
Forget to mention 2 - even if I use pokemon rock/ice and will use Reflect/other Protection move, you always have that adventage to change for another pokemon and later again have Protection on Oricorios.

And still I think Protection > Heal move.

P.S. to not create new thread for the same topic - if you will change it, block possiblity to use Reflect on Ledian after using Baton Pass.

Last edited:

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score
You are using Oricorio vs my ice/rock poke with Feint or in the best case Aurorus/Lycanroc midnight form. Still you have "avdentage". Why? Becouse for example of using Tetter Dance from afar - stun my pokemon and later for example Revelation Dance or any other (don't know what Oricotios have in moveset exactly).

Alright, so I use Teeter Dance that has the range of 4 sqms, and then, Revelation Dance that has a range of 2 sqms. Against Lycanroc, Teeter Dance it's going to deal 1200 dmg + Revelation Dance 1200 dmg, (fire one) Electric one 1200 dmg from Teeter and Revelation Dance 2400 dmg.

1st case (against pokemon with Feint) - Tetter Dance/any move with big DMG/protection/any other move; while you are using Protection, I am gonna use Feint to broke Protection (4k~ DMG). Then you are using Baton Pass what changes your pokemon for different random one. Ok, it can be even worse for my luck, but before using Baton Pass you took me much HP becouse of DMG which you made me. Propably always you will defeat my pokemon. Then later in the best case can call out Oricorios with Protection and almost full hp (lets say less 5k couse of Feint and hand DMG).

Since you wrote Teeter Dance plus any move that just impossible, I invite Tsots, to see how many time Teeter's Dance lasts, only 1-2s. So this awesome combo that you wrote, can't be done. So it's going to be something like this:

Teeter Dance + Revelation Dance + Protection + something else. Teeter Dance deals 800 dmg x 3 = 2400 being normal type. And Revelation Dance has the same formula, 800 dmg against x1. (remember that Revelation Dance depends on which Oricorio are you using) I see that you wrote probably always you will defeat my pokemon well, that is complete lie. There are several pokemon that can fight against an Oricorio, recieve all the combo, use Baton Pass and still lose. Cloned Jolteon, Gastrodon, Alolan Dugtrio, Banette are just some examples, not necessarily Lycanrocn or Aurorus. I see that you are complaining about this because you don't have 2+ Pokemon to deal with Oricorios. Nowadays duelers that actually are improving their team and seeking strategies. I can write you a perfect example.

Skelth isn't using an Oricorio on his main team, though, he discover a way to fight against Oricorios, with good duelers as Caxo and I. Pure strategie only, when he duel against me it's a 50/50. ps: I love you Skelth

2nd case (against Aurorus/Lycanroc midnight form) - the same - Tetter Dance/move with big DMG/another move with big DMG/Baton Pass. In that case you have worse adventage becouse of ability No Guard, but still you took much HP (not much as in 1st case) and change for another random pokemon (which also can be bad for you). And later again you can call put Oricorio with Protection and much HP.

Pretty same situation as above, so you wrote Teeter Dance (1200 dmg) Revelation Dance (1200 dmg fire and 2400 dmg electric) only if you don't know how to use Oricorio, that's the only 2 moves that you are going to use, since if you don't use Baton Pass asap, Freeze Dry + Blizzard or Sleep Talk + Falling Rocks incoming, so, tell me Tsots, do you think that 2400 dmg using an Oricorio Fire it's too much HP? And 3600 dmg using electric one? You still have Reflect and Haze with Aurorus and Counter/Quick Guard with Lycanrocn. It's just a joke how you write this 2nd case lol.

Now lets say from the other side.
I am using pokemon which is good to Oricorio - stun it, DMG (during it, you are using protection - in normal case to avoid taking too much HP). Then u use any DMG move while I use Feint and you are using Baton Pass. Ok - here I am, I took half~ HP of Oricorio, nice! But still you will another protection and stun etc. Also after changing you have pokemon with another Protection/Reflect or pokemon without it, but good enough to defeat me.

So let's write the example. Cloned Jolteon with TM Reflect and TM Feint. I start with Wild Charge, Oricorio fire form, it's a 4.8k dmg just with this move, Oricorio electric form 2.4k. Then Oricorio cast the 2 Dances. Above you have the dmg, so no more details, max 4k dmg, min 2.4k. Based on what you wrote, Oricorio cast protection, then I cast Feint 4k. Finally Oricorio cast Baton Pass, to avoid more dmg. How many hp did I lose, like what, 4k? You lost more than 6k. And I still have Reflect plus Wish, Electric Storm, Shock Wave, Thunder etc, good enough to defeat Jolteon? I don't think so unless you are lucky enough to get a good Baton Pass, ground type for example.

Lets talk about Oricorio vs pokemon with ability No Guard.
1st Aurorus - 2 stun which can be used from afar, others Aurorus must be close enough to make you stunned. Still here you have adventage of using Tetter Dance which can be used from afar and the same story, DMG move, I can stun you now, make some DMG, then you use Baton Pass. Still you changed your Oricorio with half HP~ (or with small HP if random DMG move, like Falling Rock will take much DMG). Then you have another pokemon which can easily defeat me couse of taken HP during using Oricorio.
2nd Lycanroc midnight form - I can use Rock Polish as a TM to make you stunned from afar and then lets say Falling Rocks to take you much HP as it is possible, but during Falling Rocks you can stun me from afar, make some DMG and use Baton Pass and later the same as in Arurorus case.

Again, alright let's write about this. Teeter Dance indeed has a range of 4 sqm, Revelation 2. Aurorus is Rock/Ice so normal type .5 and electric/fire x1. 1200 dmg and 2400 dmg. 3600 dmg again if you don't know how to use properly and Oricorio, and you dare to cast something else than stuns, Freeze Dry + Blizzard or Sandstorm it's going to hurt, and alot. You are writing that I can defeat you easily just because you lose 3.6k dmg? That's a joke, again lol. If I have luck in the Baton Pass with types.

Lol, Rock Polish as TM, alright, then I cast Rock Polish, and if you don't know, Rock Polish last 2s so I can use Roar, then Fallings Rocks + Rock Tomb or w/e. Probably more than 30-40% hp from Oricorio. And using the 2 stuns, being only Rock type Lycanroc, Teeter Dance 1.2k, Fire Revelation Dance 1.2k, Electric Revelation Dance 2.4k. Fire Oricorio would deal 2.4k, Electric Oricorio 3.6k. Lycanroc has something like 30k HP. Again, no big deal.

Here I am talking about very good duelers like you, Caxoxd and many others. Almost always you are on winning side. Don't know what should happen to lost the duel (maybe wrong team, but I saw many times your team and know that you exactly know what you want to have).

They are different scenarios of fight between Oricorio and pokemon with Feint/ability No Guard. Everyone fights in different way - it's obvious, but I think those are more often to happen than others one.

Forget to mention - Aurorus can use Reflect always and Lycanroc Counter, but still is big adventage of using Tetter Dance and even if you failed couse of Reflect or Counter, still you can use Baton Pass.
Forget to mention 2 - even if I use pokemon rock/ice and will use Reflect/other Protection move, you always have that adventage to change for another pokemon and later again have Protection on Oricorios.

And still I think Protection > Heal move.

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, most of the times I am on the winning side, since not many people look for the wins, I do, Skelth aswell, Caxo too. It's not only make a team, put the most expensive TMs and you have the best team. Nope, Skelth and I everyday discuss about new teams, moves, TMs, it's our daily basis, because we love to win. That's the truth.

As you wrote, there are different scenarios. But you are overreacting those scenarios.

If you know how to use properly an Aurorus or a Lycanroc, you would NEVER use Reflect or Counter against an Oricorio. Never.
As above, why I would waste my Reflect or Protection on a Pokemon that can barely deal dmg? Such a waste.

We both give our arguments, so it's Raissa's call. Good discussion. :p

Tsotss

Reaction score
Alright, so I use Teeter Dance that has the range of 4 sqms, and then, Revelation Dance that has a range of 2 sqms. Against Lycanroc, Teeter Dance it's going to deal 1200 dmg + Revelation Dance 1200 dmg, (fire one) Electric one 1200 dmg from Teeter and Revelation Dance 2400 dmg.

Since you wrote Teeter Dance plus any move that just impossible, I invite Tsots, to see how many time Teeter's Dance lasts, only 1-2s. So this awesome combo that you wrote, can't be done. So it's going to be something like this:

I don't know why, but sometimes I saw used Tetter Dance + other move while stun was working. But still I am not user of Oricorio, don't know exactly. Just wrote what it seemed to me when I saw fight Oricorio vs other. Also lastest time I don't spend much time in PVP, just sometimes go there to check some pokemons in duel and thats all.
Also you wrong with fact that you can cast Tetter Dance from 4 SQM (checked many times, to be sure). Will post 2 pictures which can show is bigger area than 4 SQM (used it where Oricorio stays)
9qTiJAG.png

GnnCty2.png

Teeter Dance + Revelation Dance + Protection + something else. Teeter Dance deals 800 dmg x 3 = 2400 being normal type. And Revelation Dance has the same formula, 800 dmg against x1. (remember that Revelation Dance depends on which Oricorio are you using) I see that you wrote probably always you will defeat my pokemon well, that is complete lie. There are several pokemon that can fight against an Oricorio, recieve all the combo, use Baton Pass and still lose. Cloned Jolteon, Gastrodon, Alolan Dugtrio, Banette are just some examples, not necessarily Lycanrocn or Aurorus. I see that you are complaining about this because you don't have 2+ Pokemon to deal with Oricorios. Nowadays duelers that actually are improving their team and seeking strategies. I can write you a perfect example.

Skelth isn't using an Oricorio on his main team, though, he discover a way to fight against Oricorios, with good duelers as Caxo and I. Pure strategie only, when he duel against me it's a 50/50. ps: I love you Skelth

I will write another one example, just to compare. Totally different type, but still Baton Pass is in it. Some time ago I used Ledian with Brick Break and Fly Attack (IMO perfect TMs to it). Also it has Reflect in its moveset. Many times I used it as a 1st pokemon and my adventage was casting U-turn from afar. So later was quite easy to make DMG. And it wasn't important which pokemon was against me. Many times (still not always) I took opponent's pokemon HP to beginning of yellow or kind of end of green. Then Baton Pass and was almost known who will win 1st round. Many times I had almost full HP in Ledian if I was faster than someone whom I fought. Of course many things depends in duel. I know Ledian is totally different but still...
What I want to say (talking about very good duelers like you or Caxoxd, Skelth and many others, that know how to use pokemons) is almost impossible to lose first round with pokemon with Baton Pass and Protection move. Maybe if we take into consideration Lycanroc midnight form and Aurorus with No Guard ability and perfectly use it, then is maybe any chance to win.

And of course saying once again - Baton Pass changed for completely random pokemon what can change whole duel.

Pretty same situation as above, so you wrote Teeter Dance (1200 dmg) Revelation Dance (1200 dmg fire and 2400 dmg electric) only if you don't know how to use Oricorio, that's the only 2 moves that you are going to use, since if you don't use Baton Pass asap, Freeze Dry + Blizzard or Sleep Talk + Falling Rocks incoming, so, tell me Tsots, do you think that 2400 dmg using an Oricorio Fire it's too much HP? And 3600 dmg using electric one? You still have Reflect and Haze with Aurorus and Counter/Quick Guard with Lycanrocn. It's just a joke how you write this 2nd case lol.
These 2 exceptations which big adventage is No Guard ability. And once again if don't use Baton Pass asap, then OK, Oricorio is going to die or change itself with other one with yellow or lower HP. Much depends of who is faster, you or your opponent. Also here I made 2 ss of Freeze Dry and Sleep Talk. So if you consider stuns of Aurorus and Oricorio you have adventage of using Tetter Dance from afar, couse Aurorus must be closer. Also to use Roar on Lycanroc must be closer than using Tetter Dance.
nHgkfQJ.png

j0PSgnz.png

And maybe 2400/3600DMG is not so much, but remember sometimes 100HP more is very important. Every given DMG make you closer to win the round.

So let's write the example. Cloned Jolteon with TM Reflect and TM Feint. I start with Wild Charge, Oricorio fire form, it's a 4.8k dmg just with this move, Oricorio electric form 2.4k. Then Oricorio cast the 2 Dances. Above you have the dmg, so no more details, max 4k dmg, min 2.4k. Based on what you wrote, Oricorio cast protection, then I cast Feint 4k. Finally Oricorio cast Baton Pass, to avoid more dmg. How many hp did I lose, like what, 4k? You lost more than 6k. And I still have Reflect plus Wish, Electric Storm, Shock Wave, Thunder etc, good enough to defeat Jolteon? I don't think so unless you are lucky enough to get a good Baton Pass, ground type for example.
Here I will refer of course to Jolteon case. Although that Jolteon after using Wild Charge and Feint has many others moves, amazing ones, doesn't make it on winning side 100% (or if your changed pokemon is fly type or water). Sometimes I fought against Jolteon with different type than ground and was hard to wind, but miracles happen and Jolteon lost. Now imagine changed pokemon and Jolteon with less HP of all couse of 2 danced moves.

Again, alright let's write about this. Teeter Dance indeed has a range of 4 sqm, Revelation 2. Aurorus is Rock/Ice so normal type .5 and electric/fire x1. 1200 dmg and 2400 dmg. 3600 dmg again if you don't know how to use properly and Oricorio, and you dare to cast something else than stuns, Freeze Dry + Blizzard or Sandstorm it's going to hurt, and alot. You are writing that I can defeat you easily just because you lose 3.6k dmg? That's a joke, again lol. If I have luck in the Baton Pass with types.
If you will read once again my words, sometimes I said in the best case you can take half of Oricorios' HP. :p

Lol, Rock Polish as TM, alright, then I cast Rock Polish, and if you don't know, Rock Polish last 2s so I can use Roar, then Fallings Rocks + Rock Tomb or w/e. Probably more than 30-40% hp from Oricorio. And using the 2 stuns, being only Rock type Lycanroc, Teeter Dance 1.2k, Fire Revelation Dance 1.2k, Electric Revelation Dance 2.4k. Fire Oricorio would deal 2.4k, Electric Oricorio 3.6k. Lycanroc has something like 30k HP. Again, no big deal.
Wrote about SQM of Tetter Dance above.
Sometimes I wrote about the fact you can take half HP too. :p Lycanroc has 25k HP
Revelation Dance has 3 SQM, but didnt do another one ss. But if you want, let me know :p.

I considered Rock Polish for this reason can be casted from afar (propably same SQM like Tetter Dance) and another reason it is good against fly or fire.

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, most of the times I am on the winning side, since not many people look for the wins, I do, Skelth aswell, Caxo too. It's not only make a team, put the most expensive TMs and you have the best team. Nope, Skelth and I everyday discuss about new teams, moves, TMs, it's our daily basis, because we love to win. That's the truth.

As you wrote, there are different scenarios. But you are overreacting those scenarios.

If you know how to use properly an Aurorus or a Lycanroc, you would NEVER use Reflect or Counter against an Oricorio. Never.
As above, why I would waste my Reflect or Protection on a Pokemon that can barely deal dmg? Such a waste.

We both give our arguments, so it's Raissa's call. Good discussion. :p

And maybe a bit I overreacting those scenarios and in many things you are totally right. But still I think it shoudn't be possible to use Protection move after using Baton Pass, to be honest.
Showed some others things which seemed be wrong like SQM of Tetter Dance. And I can provide you that I know that the most expensive TMs aren't a solution to making a best team. Also thanks for discussion.
And yeah, wait for Raissa's decission.

Regards. :)

Last edited:

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
I am not experienced in duels, but as a player I believe that combos are fun, so I suggest to keep pokemons with combos, and work around the rebalacing in other ways, maybe hp, or damage, etc.

I am sad to hear that aqua ring + baton pass + aqua ring is disabled, it should be a valid move, as well as the case of oriocoro's protection.

Mirajane

Reaction score
This post has been Edited! if you want to see it you need a Time Machine.

Both oricorios are OP and maybe should be reconsidered to be nerfed. Lets talk about electric oricorio. Oricorio (E) has only 2 weaknesses: rock and ice. Remember that it is immune to ground and electric type moves are neutral. Lets consider that a player takes out a rock type pokemon and the other takes out an oricorio. First, any oricorio can simply baton pass to a potentially better match up and any rock/ice can not. Secondly, oricorios simply have better resistances and less weaknesses than any rock/ice pokemon. Finally, player that have the oricorios do not want to accept that it is broken. Lets take a look to all the disadvantages that rock/ ice types have.

Ok, so rock types have all these weaknesses: steel, ground, fight, water, and grass. That is 5 weaknesses! Now lets look at ice types: rock, steel, fire, and fight; 4 in total. An oricorio electric has only 2 weaknesses all other attacks are neutral and 5 resistences. What does this mean? Well, that most match-up that would be lost against an oricorio the player will simply baton pass for a potentially better duel; but, rock/ice types do not have that advantage at most they can only use ONE substitute/ref/detect/protect move and oricorios have that potential 2 times which is TOO OP. Oricorio Fire. Lets see its weaknesses: rock, water, and electric. Only 3 weaknesses and again remember most of the times it can use baton pass when is set at a disadvantages position.

I also know that oricorios have 2 stun moves which don't have an op distance but can be used to deal damage then use baton pass for free damage. Maybe not a lot of damage but it is considered free so maybe give it 1 stun only?

So, I know Syntek has both Oricorios in his team and more than likely argues that they are no too broken so that his OP pokemon are not nerfed; what do you guys think? Should oricorios be nerfed by removing baton pass or simply remove 1 Protect? Please put your opinion in the comments so that staff members know what they should do. NERF or NO NERF?

Last edited:

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Well, I don't own an Oricoro but I have checked it on test room and it seems overpowered with the ability of protect-batton pass-protect. I know the No-Guard users counter that but they can still deal a solid dmg to them and then switch out. Tetter Dance-Dmg move-Revelation Dance-Dmg Move/Batton Pass. And they both have pretty solid moves and can learn high dmg TMs. So I agree with the disabling Protection use after Batton Pass.

Mirajane

Reaction score
Both oricorios are OP and maybe should be reconsidered to be nerfed. Lets talk about electric oricorio. Oricorio (E) has only 2 weaknesses: rock and ice. Remember that it is immune to ground and electric type moves are neutral. Lets consider that a player takes out a rock type pokemon and the other takes out an oricorio. First, any oricorio can simply baton pass to a potentially better match up and any rock/ice can not. Secondly, oricorios simply have better resistances and less weaknesses than any rock/ice pokemon. Finally, player that have the oricorios do not want to accept that it is broken. Lets take a look to all the disadvantages that rock/ ice types have.

Ok, so rock types have all these weaknesses: steel, ground, fight, water, and grass. That is 5 weaknesses! Now lets look at ice types: rock, steel, fire, and fight; 4 in total. An oricorio electric has only 2 weaknesses all other attacks are neutral and 5 resistences. What does this mean? Well, that most match-up that would be lost against an oricorio the player will simply baton pass for a potentially better duel; but, rock/ice types do not have that advantage at most they can only use ONE substitute/ref/detect/protect move and oricorios have that potential 2 times which is TOO OP. Oricorio Fire. Lets see its weaknesses: rock, water, and electric. Only 3 weaknesses and again remember most of the times it can use baton pass when is set at a disadvantages position.

I also know that oricorios have 2 stun moves which don't have an op distance but can be used to deal damage then use baton pass for free damage. Maybe not a lot of damage but it is considered free so maybe give it 1 stun only?

So, I know Syntek has both Oricorios in his team and more than likely argues that they are no too broken so that his OP pokemon are not nerfed; what do you guys think? Should oricorios be nerfed by removing baton pass or simply remove 1 Protect? Please put your opinion in the comments so that staff members know what they should do. NERF or NO NERF?

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score

I can feel in your post nothing but rage that you can't beat me anymore with your amazing 4 shiny team, using OP Smeargle plus Klefki. I don't know why you are writing that Oricorios are OP, certainly they have strong moves and baton pass, though against pokes that really are OP, there is no counter but use baton pass, or use the same op pokes.

I have 2 oricorios in my team since fire type lack in power, there are only like 3-4 fire pokes that are certainly good. And I am too lazy to lvl up them. I would be so happy that Raissa nerf Oricorios, yes, but not only Oricorios but also nerf some other pokes that are OP as fuck and nobody aceppt the fact that there a opness niche pokemon.

Dont take it personal, cause you are the less indicated person to write about opness. ;)

Mirajane

Reaction score
I am not experienced in duels, but as a player I believe that combos are fun, so I suggest to keep pokemons with combos, and work around the rebalacing in other ways, maybe hp, or damage, etc.

I am sad to hear that aqua ring + baton pass + aqua ring is disabled, it should be a valid move, as well as the case of oriocoro's protection.

SO I say that it is either both have that ability to use a move twice or none.

Lance

Reaction score
Im no a Dueler and not even a good player, but i usually watch a lot of duels, and as i see yes oricorios are way to good for duels, but also for lvl, and in all my time dueling is evolving, so as i know some of this guys in this thread are very good duelers just "evolve" yourself and find a way out to defeat such "op" poke because in that case, a loooooot of pokes should be nerfed for the same reason, "too strong" "high damage" etc..., so just take it accept it and move on find new ways to deal with it, i wanted to start dueling and i see that oricorios are good so i decided to get one, but aswell as i use oricorio i get Destroyed by oricorio too, is just how dueling is evolving. :D

Dark Spiritu

Reaction score
About Baton Pass, in my humble opinion it was a mistake to add this move, and even more (I don't know if it is a bug) when you use Baton Pass, the poke heals like 10-20%. Instead of removing protections or whatever the solution would be remove that extra heal.

Mirajane

Reaction score
I can feel in your post nothing but rage that you can't beat me anymore with your amazing 4 shiny team, using OP Smeargle plus Klefki. I don't know why you are writing that Oricorios are OP, certainly they have strong moves and baton pass, though against pokes that really are OP, there is no counter but use baton pass, or use the same op pokes.

I have 2 oricorios in my team since fire type lack in power, there are only like 3-4 fire pokes that are certainly good. And I am too lazy to lvl up them. I would be so happy that Raissa nerf Oricorios, yes, but not only Oricorios but also nerf some other pokes that are OP as fuck and nobody aceppt the fact that there a opness niche pokemon.

Dont take it personal, cause you are the less indicated person to write about opness. ;)

Some pokemon are too op and if you feel like its too op then simply open a thread and we will tell you what we think/put our opinion about it. I simply saw the forum and put my opinion. Plus, I like shines, so just because they are shines that doesn't makes them the best pokes for duel or OP???? Syntek if you really think that if you put that I feel "rage" then why defend your SO average pokemon too much? Is it maybe that you are praying that you pokemon will not be nerfed? Obviously it is not average but OP. End of discussion.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the only thing that i would agree on is blocking use of prot more than once through entire duel in combination with baton pass just like floatzel heal but if such thing would happend every baton pass pokemon would have to get same treatment

Tsotss

Reaction score

With full respect of you, really..
In previous page you wrote about Floatzel it has just 2 weakness and with 2x Aqua Ring was beast while Electric Oricorio has the same (2 weakness) and you can not accept fact is too strong? Where is sense here, let me know.
Also Floatzel is good against fire, rock, earth (mainly), but also can make a lot of "mess" for others types saying generally.
Electric Oricorio is good against - fighting, bug, grass, flying, water.
Fire Oricorio good against - fighting, bug, grass, and maybe steel.
As Mirajane said Oricorio Fire has 3 weakness. Won't copy her words.

@Ste Men and Syntek - forum is open for our suggestion, so why you don't write anything about pokemons which are too OP and just let them exist in game?
@Ste Men - we are not talking about any DMG or something, just about second Protection while dueling, its totally different. Floatzel with 2 weakness and 2x Aqua Ring was beast, but Electric Oricorio with 2 weakness and 2 protection isn't, don't you think is funny? I would like to hear from you how you can find other way than using rock/ice pokemon (and maybe Jolteon) against Oricorios, where rock/ice have more weakness.

Also I know additional HP like Raissa said is different than Protection.

@Sting - this also what I said about Ledian, if you decide to change it, make it of course for Ledian and others pokemons which have Baton Pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back