What's new

Welcome!

Metagross rebalance

alxg09

Reaction score
Hello guys, excuse me could u rebalance again metagross? That's at the moment a useless pokemon because it have a poor moveset and at the original game it's a destruction god. At this rebalance u only changed 'power trick' for 'trick room', could you check it again? Thanks.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
when testers have tested it, they didn't see any weakness or underpower. Could you tell us, what is your suggestion?

huberto

Reaction score
Metagross overall has fine moveset, it has 3 AOE spells + Gear Grind. Problem is his type combination, you will never find a place where both of its side will be used. You have to improve it by TM's.
You can improve steel side by adding one of cheap TM's, TM Earthquake (good for exp on rock pokes) or Sandstorm (good against ice pokes), if you got enough cash you can invest into Doom Desire or Metal Sound.
You can improve psychic side by adding one of cheap TM's Psycho Cut od Power Split.
If you ask for replacing any of psychic AOE for steel one, people who made it for steel part will be unhappy and vice versa.
Replacing Future Sight for Role Play may help a bit, and adding Metal Burst to its TM learn set will surely improve it's steel build, low cost, possibility.

Duzy pan

Reaction score
add levitate
cMQqrV.jpg

Obreviate

Reaction score
Actually, Duzy pan, we already have Magnet Rise and it works appropriately similar to Levitate if i'm not wrong. Though, it is a moveset and not an ability as you're supposedly suggesting. So, if you're doing a suggest to metagross' moveset, ok, even IMO it's pretty fine. But if you're suggesting levitate to it (ability) i would say that it would become a little opness.

Even becuase, in according to bulbapedia, would be kinda nonsense to apply levitate ability to metagross.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Levitate_(Ability)

Last edited:

Pekepeke

Banned user
Reaction score
It has No passive ability. I'd suggest adding something for example some defensive move or something no other poke has to make him really special (maybe tri attack? This would required good testing because it may be overpowered)

Other than that I think change is for the better because it adds more utility (slow) and it is aoe as well.

For exp it has strong metal aoe spell and when it comes to psychic side its no different than other psychos - you lvl them up anywhere ocasionally while lvling other pokes.

For pvp steel pokes and especially metagross and bronzong were nerfed by changing streel's resistances. Bronzong is out of meta now and metagross even more.

If you really want some changes for pvp my ideas are:

1. Add scary face instead of confusion, remove brick from tms, change 1 of target psychos for aoe psycho
2. Change trick room for electroweb, change one of target psychos for aoe psycho
3. Change one of low dmg spells for some utility spell like disable

Last edited:

Ashtib

Reaction score
It has No passive ability. I'd suggest adding something for example some defensive move or something no other poke has to make him really special (maybe tri attack? This would required good testing because it may be overpowered)

Other than that I think change is for the better because it adds more utility (slow) and it is aoe as well.

For exp it has strong metal aoe spell and when it comes to psychic side its no different than other psychos - you lvl them up anywhere ocasionally while lvling other pokes.

For pvp steel pokes and especially metagross and bronzong were nerfed by changing streel's resistances. Bronzong is out of meta now and metagross even more.

If you really want some changes for pvp my ideas are:

1. Add scary face instead of confusion, remove brick from tms, change 1 of target psychos for aoe psycho
2. Change trick room for electroweb, change one of target psychos for aoe psycho
3. Change one of low dmg spells for some utility spell like disable

About utility spell block can be better than disable... electro web dont have sense here... maybe tri attack or magnet pull can be nice... " Add scary face instead of confusion, remove brick" need be answered by aga if that is possible, checking how many grosses have 31 right now

Carlitosii

Reaction score
I would suggest changing miracle eye to another damaging psychic spell. If not, add a passive that is the "utility spell" and put a damaging spell in its normal movepool.

Isablue

Reaction score
I would suggest changing miracle eye to another damaging psychic spell. If not, add a passive that is the "utility spell" and put a damaging spell in its normal movepool.

Miracle eye is a damaging psychic spell+ it's a really helpful move, according to bulbapedia "If Miracle Eye's target is a Dark-type Pokémon, it also removes the target's immunity to Psychic-type moves." so i really don't see why this move should be removed

Tsotss

Reaction score
What is the reason of removing Doom Desire from TM list? Its about its future changes? And Doom Desire is included in TM's restristion: Doom Desire or Sleep Talk.

Back