What's new

Welcome!

Mankey Business

huberto

Reaction score
Hello guys, since I remember everyone was wondering 'How much of a profit I can realy get with massive Mankey catching'. I have finally decided to make a little Mankey catching test and give you the answer supported by appropriate statistics.

I bought 1000 pokeballs, 1000 great balls, 1000 super balls, 1000 ultra balls and spent them all on Mankeys, this is the result:

FE6NlIA.png

As addition to pure profitting test I did test of catch rates to answer the mystery question whether the ball rate and server rate add up or multiply and calculate approximate base catch rate for Mankey.

Conclusion:

- ball and server rate are multiplying (feel kinda sad for platinum players who still fail to catch rare pokes in RB with x15 rate :pepe:) - comparison of each ball + server rate with results of 3.5% for pb, 6% for gb, 7.2% for sb, 8.7% makes no sence at all but when you look at results for each ball x server rate they all are +/- 5% what makes me sure how it realy works. At least one doubt less :)

- base catch rate for mankey is around 5% - not realy important but fun to know

- the best profitting ball is apparently Ultra Ball - I thought that Great or Super Ball will be the winner but this test realy surprised me with both Pokeball (I though it will be a little higher) and Ultra Ball (I thought it will be lower because of hight ball price) results. Keep in mind that I used the lower Mankey price, 4.45 HD for lvl 10 mankey so real profit is higher (+0.05 HD per mankey level).

- I did it all on double catch event in Diamond (server rate x3) what makes my profit calculations usefull for current and future Platinum players where x3 is normal server multiplier. I will repeat this test in future to count profitting possibilities for Diamond players with x1.5 rate.

- profit part including only cash earned by catching mankeys, no cash for selling loots included so once again real profit will be higher

Hope you like it and enjoy my test and calculations.

P.S. It wasn't exhausting at all as some of you may think, also it inspired me to make loot statistics so I can count the real profit possibility with catching + looting things in the future. I will try to do it when I start next Mankey catching test for diamond rates

Last edited:

demz

Banned user
Reaction score
- base catch rate for mankey is around 5% - not realy important but fun to know

Actually itd be around 3.6% cause diamond is 1,5x, wouldnt it? Not that it makes a difference xd

Besides that, great topic. Specially the name ahahhaha

huberto

Reaction score
Actually itd be around 3.6% cause diamond is 1,5x, wouldnt it? Not that it makes a difference xd

Besides that, great topic. Specially the name ahahhaha

I made statistic chance to catch mankey regardless of it's rate and then divided the result by ball rate x server rate so final result is for x1 :d

demz

Banned user
Reaction score
I made statistic chance to catch mankey regardless of it's rate and then divided the result by ball rate x server rate so final result is for x1 :d

Oh fair enough, missed that part, now I saw it

huberto

Reaction score
Just finished Mankey catching test for diamond rates, as I promised here are statistics:

A6CQKcD.png

To be honest I didn't expect difference to be that big.

A little conclusion:

- the best profitting ball is Great Ball

- it takes around 1h to throw away 1000 ball's in Viridian, if you are alone

I just want to thank you for this great thread I would like to see more threads like this everyday for different pokemons.:cool:

I think about doing similar stats for fishing but it will require a lot of time since you fish different pokemons, they have different catch rate and different NPC price. Currently I'm working on Mankey's loot statistic, once I finish it I will probably start with fishing but don't expect it any time soon :)

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Just finished Mankey catching test for diamond rates, as I promised here are statistics:

A6CQKcD.png

To be honest I didn't expect difference to be that big.

A little conclusion:

- the best profitting ball is Great Ball

- it takes around 1h to throw away 1000 ball's in Viridian, if you are alone

I think about doing similar stats for fishing but it will require a lot of time since you fish different pokemons, they have different catch rate and different NPC price. Currently I'm working on Mankey's loot statistic, once I finish it I will probably start with fishing but don't expect it any time soon :)

wow, Diamond with no bonus statistics definitely suck!

Back