Kingdra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garkstal

Banned user
Reaction score
Oh my dear Kingdra
TfTsfI7.png

Once upon time were happy times for Kingdra, but now..... No one want's Kingdra anymore, doesn't matter what TMs, ability or so, Kingdra is horrible!

Proofs: lol xD
tuQfIzo.png

So! Cut the crap man, I know you are here for suggestions, not for your terrible jokes.

zSGLreQ.png

Waterball > Aqua Ring. Daaaamn, this started strongly! A long time ago, Kingdra had this move, now with 23k HP without Aqua Ring it's just vanish in a moment on duels. Of course a bit nerf on his HP 20k and it's ready to go. Aqua Ring, Smokescreen and Reflect, yea, 20k HP please.

Water Gun > Water Spout: We are very grateful for the new Water Gun, but still.. Kingdra lacks in good water moves, a no range move with good dmg. Fit's like a glove!

Octazooka > Brine: I remember the day that Kingdra had Brine, everyone was just like ohh this move is so cool and useful man! I don't know who thought that Octazooka AN OCTILLERY SIGNATURE MOVE fits on Kingdra for god sake. Brine come back pls.

Mostly of the changes are based entirely on the reliable Bulbapedia

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
First of all I think Kingdra is fine as it is(ofc this is from a PvE player's prespective).

Second of all 20k hp+ Reflect + Aqua Ring + Smokescreen + a stun TM sounds way too strong. Lower the hp to 18k or take away Smokescreen.

P.S. I think Octazooka is pretty good(Kingdra can learn Octazooka in original games).

karksiukas

Reaction score
First of all I think Kingdra is fine as it is(ofc this is from a PvE player's prespective).
Sorry bro but HELL no, it's not

I agree that it needs to be rebalanced and I'm not sure if this is the right way but it is definitely NOT fine as it is

Garkstal

Banned user
Reaction score

Second of all 20k hp+ Reflect + Aqua Ring + Smokescreen + a stun TM sounds way too strong. Lower the hp to 18k or take away Smokescreen.

P.S. I think Octazooka is pretty good(Kingdra can learn Octazooka in original games).

It's sounds a bit crazy but I'll tell you what I really think that Dragon Type deserve a strong moveset due 2 things. Fairy and their Lore. It's so frustrating that you are going to duel with you brand new Dragon and someone just use a wild Mawile, Klefki, Aromatisse, etc and you can't do shit. For that and some other stuffs Kingdra and Dragons, deserve good moveset. Even tho, thanks for your opinion. :)

Sorry bro but HELL no, it's not

I agree that it needs to be rebalanced and I'm not sure if this is the right way but it is definitely NOT fine as it is

Thanks bro. Well written. :D

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
It's sounds a bit crazy but I'll tell you what I really think that Dragon Type deserve a strong moveset due 2 things. Fairy and their Lore. It's so frustrating that you are going to duel with you brand new Dragon and someone just use a wild Mawile, Klefki, Aromatisse, etc and you can't do shit. For that and some other stuffs Kingdra and Dragons, deserve good moveset. Even tho, thanks for your opinion. :)

Thanks bro. Well written. :D

That's a bullshit. Fairy is resistant to dragons and that's not the reason to be buffing dragon pokemons, just to let them conter fairies, be sure that it won't happen and please, don't come with such arguments or I will just immediately close such threads. That's the most stupid argument I have ever seen. That's the same as we'd have to buff grounds, because flying pokemons are resistant to them, ghosts because normal pokemons are resistant to them and vice versa.

think twice what you are saying please.

We may take a look on Kingdra in the near future. Nothing else to say.

Garkstal

Banned user
Reaction score
That's a bullshit. Fairy is resistant to dragons and that's not the reason to be buffing dragon pokemons, just to let them conter fairies, be sure that it won't happen and please, don't come with such arguments or I will just immediately close such threads. That's the most stupid argument I have ever seen. That's the same as we'd have to buff grounds, because flying pokemons are resistant to them, ghosts because normal pokemons are resistant to them and vice versa.

think twice what you are saying please.

We may take a look on Kingdra in the near future. Nothing else to say.

It's not like you are going to buff Dragons and make them like Gastrodon or such pokes that are OPs, I can tell you pretty simple that almost (?) every Alola pokes that Staff are testing have a good moveset, or a counter for their weakness. I can give you several examples that must be a balance and not just opness. Buff grounds? But what are you talking about since almost every ground can learn Rock Blast, Rock Slide, even, come on, Rototiller is bugged since quite ago and when you use Rototiller, Fly is affected by ground. Ghosts are having several moves that aren't ghosts, Role Play, Haze, Crunch, and mostly dark types. I really invite you Raissa to test a Dragonite vs a Fairy and you will see how poorly is that duel. I will think twice what I am writing. Thanks for the advice.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not like you are going to buff Dragons and make them like Gastrodon or such pokes that are OPs, I can tell you pretty simple that almost (?) every Alola pokes that Staff are testing have a good moveset, or a counter for their weakness. I can give you several examples that must be a balance and not just opness. Buff grounds? But what are you talking about since almost every ground can learn Rock Blast, Rock Slide, even, come on, Rototiller is bugged since quite ago and when you use Rototiller, Fly is affected by ground. Ghosts are having several moves that aren't ghosts, Role Play, Haze, Crunch, and mostly dark types. I really invite you Raissa to test a Dragonite vs a Fairy and you will see how poorly is that duel. I will think twice what I am writing. Thanks for the advice.

Im not talking about 1-2 moves that may eventually counter them. What you have written above simply says plsssssssss buff dragons because fairies rape them. That's how it should be. Mawile, Aromatisse or any other fairy will ALWAYS be painfull for dragons no matter if u add 1 or 2 counter or not. It is still not a reason to be buffing them cause they "deserve" to be super good.

NandoCruise

Reaction score

Kingdra desperately needs a rebalance. It's such a great pokemon with a great Dual-type and it's not meant to rot in the Locker.

Smokescreen deals NO damage, I know it bypasses Reflect but it's a good balance since there are other stuns that deal high damage; and 1 Stun in TM's Learnset follows the rule "2 stuns per pokemon". Furthermore, Vaporeon and Lumineon for example, they both have 20k HP at lvl 130, 1 stun (Water Pulse,which deals a lot of damage) in their move-set +1 stun in their TM learnset, Aqua Ring and they both can learn Reflect. Noone has complaint so far that these two pokemons are too op. Also, it depends too on what do you want your pokemon for, what I mean is: If you want it for pvp you can add Reflect + 1Stun but if you want it for Level, you can add Reflect + Hydropump/Rain Dance.

The suggestion Garkstal is making is quite good, replacing Waterball and Water Gun for Water Spout, since Kingdra needs 1 more AoE Water moves + Aqua Ring.

Kingdra doesn't learn Octazooka in the original games BY LEVELING nor TMS, only by breeding which means you have to mate a Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra with an Octillery, which in my opinion means the move is not "natural" for the pokemon.

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
20Khp + acua ring, i think you forget kingdra is dragon has a kind of natural defense, it would be 17K as max and it can be enough, dont make a tank full of HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back