What's new

Welcome!

[Held item] We need to talk about "Life orb" item

marshalldx53

Reaction score
The held item system just got implemented in the game but we already can see one-sided raids happening in platinum mostly (if not 100%) thanks to the "life orb". And, in my opinion, this situation will only get worse. Let me explain my point.

I'm not complaining about the item itself but about the way players have to get this held item (besides the recent event). If the item is only dropped by Hoppa Unbound, players who already hold life orbs will always have way higher chances of getting another one from the boss.

Also, is not like Hoppa raids will happen frequently (I suppose) thus, the big majority of players will never have the chance to get most damage loot in boss raids.

Lastly, to count on luck so the players who have life orbs are offline during boss raids is just too damn miserable.

My suggestion: Add new ways to get this held item e.g. loot from other pokemons, quest, daily points, tokens, ...

Thanks in advance!!

P.S.: Sorry for creating a thread but I think the one we could suggest changes is closed.

Last edited:

Zecao

Reaction score
I am sure that the staff is already working on quests, or other mechanisms for obtaining the "held items".
Going deeper into the subject, if there must be items that are more difficult to obtain than others, such as "life orb"
why?
simply because if not the game would not have economy as far as the held items are concerned, if we consider the scenario where everyone can get "shiny charm" believe me that it would devalue everything regarding the "rarity" of catching a shiny pokemon, something similar happens with held items that are better than others.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
I am sure that the staff is already working on quests, or other mechanisms for obtaining the "held items".
Going deeper into the subject, if there must be items that are more difficult to obtain than others, such as "life orb"
why?
simply because if not the game would not have economy as far as the held items are concerned, if we consider the scenario where everyone can get "shiny charm" believe me that it would devalue everything regarding the "rarity" of catching a shiny pokemon, something similar happens with held items that are better than others.

I agree. I'm not suggesting easier methods to get the life orb but a different way to get the held item other than a specific boss raids cause since the item gives more damage output, a player who already has the item will have higher chances of getting another life orb when Hoppa Unbound appears.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
The held item system just got implemented in the game but we already can see one-sided raids happening in platinum mostly (if not 100%) thanks to the "life orb". And, in my opinion, this situation will only get worse. Let me explain my point.

I'm not complaining about the item itself but about the way players have to get this held item (besides the recent event). If the item is only dropped by Hoppa Unbound, players who already hold life orbs will always have way higher chances of getting another one from the boss.

Also, is not like Hoppa raids will happen frequently (I suppose) thus, the big majority of players will never have the chance to get most damage loot in boss raids.

Lastly, to count on luck so the players who have life orbs are offline during boss raids is just too damn miserable.

My suggestion: Add new ways to get this held item e.g. loot from other pokemons, quest, daily points, tokens, ...

Thanks in advance!!

P.S.: Sorry for creating a thread but I think the one we could suggest changes is closed.

I wonder where this people were when Demz were getting every raid. Go metin.
And to be fair, Metin started to get some raids even before Life Orbs were added.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Metin started to get some raids even before Life Orbs were added.

Exactly, Metin started to win raids before the held item system because he has skills. Demz was winning most of the raids before cause he also has skills and took his time to understand what pokemons were good for the raids (shout out to blacephalon). Anyone who has the will to understand these things could beat him. That's what Metin did. And I have nothing to say but congratulations to him cause we all have been struggling to win raids against Demz . (Demz, when you read this, try not to feel good about yourself, cuzao :7:)

But now, with an item which gives a big raid advantage over other players, is almost impossible that skills/knowledge will result in getting most damage loot. And, because of that, it is not reasonable that the only way to get this item is from a specific boss raid.

Last edited:
Back