What's new

Welcome!

Golem Needs 1-2 New Moves

Golem Should Get A New Move?

• Total voters

Som

Reaction score
Golem is the most common rock pokemon used in any of the servers and when it gets to 100+ you see the difference with an Onix. Golem has 8 moves in total, 1 of which is harden, a defensive move that rarely comes in handy while leveling at elder Charizards. Second is self destruction which is practically not fit for leveling too since it makes you use a revive. Third is mega punch which does meagre damage. So Golem is left with 5 moves in all. In comparison to Onix which takes out a lot of a Charizard's hp by earthquake, Golem doesn't have an equivalent move and hence a level 100 Golem costs 1.5k whereas a same level Onix is around 14k. I suggest adding earthquake to it maybe and/or stone edge. It will be dual type rock/ground after update and only has earthshock (ground type).

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

P.S. Maybe Rhydon needs a revision too but I am in no position to comment about it as I never owned one.

Last edited:

Khan

Reaction score
Agreed, it should get new move. Perhaps rock blast? (then they don't have to make new sprite/attack.) Say between lvl 100-110.

Darkhaos

Reaction score
Agree. Following GBA Games/Anime , Golem should have Earthquake (I know, PA Isn't like GBA Games/Anime but this suggestion should be taken)

RenanUilian

Reaction score
It's a good point with a great idea.

Maybe earthquacke or rock blast...or both xD

Anarchy

Reaction score
Agreed, Golem need a new attack, the diference with onix is really big.
P.S.@ Rhydon need a revision too, add dig and maybe Earthshock or Rock Slide =)

zaaths

Reaction score
I think the same as you, but add a rock type attack, not a ground type attack ;)

Som

Reaction score
I suggested adding another ground type attack as it already has many rock type moves and only 1 ground type and it's rock/ground. Rock blast works fine with me.

Cryla

Reaction score
Stop stop!!!

Moves of golem - All:
Defense Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Polish
Mud Sport
Rock Polish
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Steamroller
Rock Blast
Smack Down
Selfdestruct
Bulldoze
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Explosion
Double-Edge
Stone Edge
Heavy Slam

Pa team have meny meny tchings to do - johnto league, golem is nothing...

Pipoxo

Reaction score
sorry but i'm not agree.

I have right now a golem 86 and onix 95 in my team.

there is 9 lvls of difference and like 14k of difference but golem kills almost equal, golem has very short CDs.

golem will be extremely overpowered if they add rock blast or earthquake.
I agreed with adding some move, but not as powerful as rock blast or earthquake.

Andretei

Reaction score
I suggested adding another ground type attack as it already has many rock type moves and only 1 ground type and it's rock/ground. Rock blast works fine with me.

Golem has 2 ground typo moves, earthshock and rollout. They shouldn`t add rock blast, because it would be overpowered. They could add earthquake.

Som

Reaction score
Golem has 2 ground typo moves, earthshock and rollout. They shouldn`t add rock blast, because it would be overpowered. They could add earthquake.

Roll out is rock type. :p But either way any new move should work.

Khan

Reaction score

Rock blast is weaker than earthquake. If they add earthquake then indeed it would become overpowered.

Kitty

Reaction score
agree 100%, in my opinion is the best rock pokemon of first gen, and here appears like the worst 1 (no pre-evolutions included)

I think that the best is add an earth move, cuz is rock-earth type and only have 1 earth move.

Or change earthshock into earthquake!

Last edited:
Reactions: Som

Raszagal

Reaction score
Not agreed.

In my opinion, golem just need a revision on their Damage.

Actually A Sandslash hits more with rollout than him, and It should hit a bit more.

Sandslash 100 Hits like 800 aprox per hit with Rollout, and Golem 100 does around 500.

Mega punch damege is .. nvm x'd

Well.. Maybe increasing the damage of Rollout, Earthshock and Mega punch, would bring back golem from the garbage to your teams (I already have it, on my Team)

Back