What's new

Welcome!

ferrothorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

stin stauer

Reaction score
first of all thanks for the rebalance, second, since there some changes coming after the restart, i wonder if ferrothorn could get some update since it's been years with the same moveset, it's not that bad, it's just he deserves some update related to the others.

m1 - metal claw
m2 - pin missle
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed
m9 - substitute
m10 - metal burst

m1 - metal claw
m2 - pin missle doesn't help as a counter with anything, i suggest bulldoze, it helps in pvp and pve and it's ok with bulbapedia.
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed
m9 - substitute - what about Spike shield
m10 - metallic rush or shift gear

Last edited:

Zecao

Reaction score
first of all thanks for the rebalance, second, since there some changes coming after the restart, i wonder if ferrothorn could get some update since it's been years with the same moveset, it's not that bad, it's just he deserves some update related to the others.

m1 - metal claw
m2 - pin missle
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed
m9 - substitute
m10 - metal burst

m1 - metal claw
m2 - pin missle doesn't help as a counter with anything, i suggest bulldoze, it helps in pvp and pve and it's ok with bulbapedia.
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed
m9 - substitute

In my opinion the problem with Ferrothorn its cause "substitute" and their HP, the best change for make it strongest its giving more HP, removing Substitute and adding some new attack
Bulbapedia have a lot of info about Ferrothorn natural moveset. it can learn "Iron defense" (for give to him more resistances against their weakness) also can learn Harden (like a passive)
the recently agreed move "Body Press"
PS: I really like ferrothorn and im agree with the idea of a rebalance of him. Regards

Reaction score
Just as a complement, IMO, i don't think that ferrothorn's HP looks like a problem, it's rlly kinda unbeatable.
Maybe it has a lack of grass move, in that way i would suggest replace grass pledge by grass knot (making it with only 1 stunning moveset and giving it more freedom for stunning TMs)

Maybe a great change, would be changing substitute by iron defense (decreasing its HP atm has 23k - maybe 20 - 21k, obsly due [iron defense + ingrain])
Pin missle > Ingrain
Metal burst for Metalic Rush or Shift Gear as suggested by stin
And maybe adding pin missle as passive

Zecao

Reaction score
I don't understand you guys..

Substitute= no damage
Iron defense = with damage, but reduced

Hear me.... If dont have a protection mechanic, but its as replaced by Iron defense (it need to have an HP increased) Ferrothorn haven't damage or strong moves in their moveset maybe (Doom desire)

@Daryl its trying to put both changes Heal+Dmg reduction and isnt the way, because will loss 2 slots of potential attacks....

Solution for Ferro:

Substitute> New Atk , More HP, and Iron Defense/Harden in Passive.
PS: Ppl that have palossand can undersand the changes....

@Stin stauer
About Pin Missile its a pokemon that have spikes. and it help to defeat anothers grass pokemons/Darks/Psychic.

thanks

Last edited:

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I dont think that always is a good idea to remove heals/protects and increase the hp to make stronger only in pvp.Therefore, I consider that this poke needs small changes to be good in both sides(pve/pvp).

For example :
Imo a good change could be change pin missile for Grassy glide(grass type electroball) and pin missile as passive, this move grass can be helpfull to cover its grass type to not have more problems against ground pokes.

Also, I would change Substitute for protection, I think this change would be fine for pve/pvp, although it can be breakeable in pvp, you can avoid reflects when you use doom dessire.

Finally,agreed with changing metal burst for shift year, this way it could be easier to exp because now it is one of the hardest pokes to up.

stin stauer

Reaction score
Hear me.... If dont have a protection mechanic, but its as replaced by Iron defense (it need to have an HP increased) Ferrothorn haven't damage or strong moves in their moveset maybe (Doom desire)

@Daryl its trying to put both changes Heal+Dmg reduction and isnt the way, because will loss 2 slots of potential attacks....

Solution for Ferro:

Substitute> New Atk , More HP, and Iron Defense/Harden in Passive.
PS: Ppl that have palossand can undersand the changes....

@Stin stauer
About Pin Missile its a pokemon that have spikes. and it help to defeat anothers grass pokemons/Darks/Psychic.

thanks

Thanks for the explanation, I really didn't understand why reducing Hp and putting Iron defende as daryl suggested.

About the pin missle I see your point, it's nice then, but, what about changing substitute for Spike shield?

Juangutierrez

Reaction score

m1 - metal claw
m2 - pin missle
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed
m9 - substitute
m10 - metal burst

m1 - metal claw
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed

aggre if is possible I would change pin missil for trop kick grass/slow move or steel beam

jeanm5

Reaction score

m1 - metal claw
m2 - pin missle
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed
m9 - substitute
m10 - metal burst

m1 - metal claw
m3 - mirror shot
m4 - grass pledge
m5 - nature power
m6 - power whip
m7 - doom desire
m8 - worry seed

Bump ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back