What's new

Welcome!

Complaint about Valentine Letter Contest

NandoCruise

Reaction score
This is not a hate post. And this is not a "I should have won" post either.

This is a complaint.

As a partaker in this contest I feel it is a lack of respect not only towards me but towards all other players too, who respected the rules.

I cannot believe that Second and Third places were awarded to players who broke the rules.

What do I mean by this? The rules were simple:

psdY4y9.png

Even Staff gave us a link to check how many words we have!

Yet... second- and third place players wrote letters with more than 300 words.

Second place:

JBACJrx.jpg

Third place:

qXc3bYf.jpg

I am not saying these letters are not good, however they broke the rules and I believe it is really unfair they get awarded for it.

I like writing. In fact, I like writing a lot. Other players who like to write too would know how DIFFICULT it is to create something when you have a limit. When you write a letter, a story, anything... you believe EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT is crucial/important for the readers to understand the context.

Every single word matters! and when I saw that there was a limit of 300 words I thought: I must write something short but original, since I will not be able to go into details.

If I had known that it would've been ok to break the words-limit rule then I would've written something completely different.

I am going to use another contest as an example:

(long post)
Spoiler:

During the PAd Trailer contest

JHYtNXa.png

This player posted his trailer

x5THzQK.png

In my opinion, the Video is really funny (and I am not the only one who thinks like this)

fWPcONC.png

Even Raissa said she liked something about it, but then insisted that it could be better and that this player should STRICTLY follow the rules.

i85qpcs.png

Long story short, he asked Zelricks to change the rules but Raissa said it was not possible, and then he got disqualified:

h7bFPCS.png

Some Staff member should've said something to those players. Honestly, when I saw Marshalldx's letter I thought: Wow, that's a nice one... however, I don't think he'll win cuz he broke the rules.
(Sadly, I was wrong)

Anyway, I always express the way I feel and now I feel disappointed and somehow frustrated. I don't know which aspects are considered to award players, but I do believe mine is more original (with a poem) or Fallen Angel's or other letters (with a metaphors).

Again, I am not expecting Staff to give ME 2nd or 3rd place (though it'd be nice). but I am asking them to reconsider second and third places and to only take into account those letters which follow the rules strictly.

Have a nice day!

Lancelote

Reaction score
Stop crying about that. I cant belive that you create own theard to say that. Its only 20-30 words.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
I like writing. In fact, I like writing a lot. Other players who like to write too would know how DIFFICULT it is to create something when you have a limit. When you write a letter, a story, anything... you believe EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT is crucial/important for the readers to understand the context.

Every single word matters! and when I saw that there was a limit of 300 words I thought: I must write something short but original, since I will not be able to go into details.

If I had known that it would've been ok to break the words-limit rule then I would've written something completely different.

Well mine was going to be either 400~ words or 150-200~ words because I would add a new metaphor, which would be a very long one.

Stop crying about that. I cant belive that you create own theard to say that. Its only 20-30 words.

Every single word counts when you are trying to write a letter / poem / story.

But well, I hope staff members point out the fact that the rules can be stretched out a bit in the next contest.

Thanks for the contest and congratz to winners!

Edit: It was sad to see that my "small reward" was a teddy bear whereas my friends'(he joined drawing one) was a TM Case 12

Last edited:

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
The truth is that in writing contest Staff isn't objective, that's why im not participating anymore. Oh, that's not hate, but if Staff doesnt like you, there isn't chance for win, even if your work deserves for it.

Last edited:

Metin

Reaction score
I didn't even participate in the contest, but I too think that if the players broke rules, they shouldn't be awarded prizes, especially because the staff is known to strictly enforce rules before. In a previous story contest, I had to exclude a major part of the story because the staff wouldn't allow me to post past the word limit.

Shouya

Reaction score
I have participated in many contests before and never won a single thing and you see me being a little salty bitch about it? They tried to value the letters by its worth, not by words count. And even though I don't always agree with the winners of contests it's their rules, they have the right to judge it the way they want.

Ah yeah, also that bear that we got as compensation, is just salt on the open wound e_e

Last edited:

Smilley

Reaction score
In my opinion NandoCruise is right, even if it is only +/- 30 words, rules were broken. Thats a bit unfair to other participants, but only thing I could recommend, is not to take part in simmilar future contests if they are gonna look same as this one.

From the other hand, PAD wasn't fair at all since its beginning. With its double standards and that few people which shouldnt even be a tutor ingame, but still they are high CMS or GMS, we can't do anything about it really (the rest is doing great work, not gonna point out with finger, but most people may know who i am talking about).

Cheers

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.", Toretto, Dominic (2001)
1 extra word or 3456457567 extra words are the same, failed to comply to the rules.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes guys, you are totally right, the guys that were checking letters and voting probably forgot about words limitations. The only solution that I can offer is an apologize and a choice of 2 other letters for 2nd and 3rd place during this week (before sunday). Players that were chosen wll keep their rewards as well, as it's a mistake of staff and taking your things away wouldn't be right.

Back