What's new

Welcome!

Climates/Terrain

Zecao

Reaction score
Hi, I have some ideas that could help improve the PvP of the game:

1) Climate / Land:
The climates are currently something that has not been exploited very well, many skills give bonuses when certain weather is active (Swift Rain) (Sand Rush) are effects of increases in HP or Speed, in addition to giving an increase in power in movements of some kind in specific, the idea is to increase the duration of the weather, without having to damage the pokemon in the process, there are skills such as Hail, Sunny Day, that almost do not influence the combat and it would be something great to take a different weight in the battles.
In the case of the fields, that these grant secondary skills, such as yawning by types, increases in abilities, playing with the fields could also be great and give more life to more strategies.

ELECTRIC TERRAIN: Prevents the opponent from using Blink, Dark Portal. Grants Electric Speed (electric pokemon gain 150 Speed and 5% increase in attack type electric, a maximum of 550 speed in case it exceeds the mentioned amount)
The duration of the terrain could be 20 seconds or until the pokemon is weakened or out of combat, either by Hold Back / Batom Pass. The Terrain can be canceled with Neutraling Gas / Held Weather / Land Change

PSYCHIC TERRAIN: Decrease the cooldown to use Blink. Grants Psychic Meditate (psychic-type pokemons increase psychic-type attacks by 5%)
The duration of the terrain could be 20 seconds or until the pokemon is weakened or out of combat, either by Hold Back / Batom Pass. The Terrain can be canceled with Neutraling Gas / Held Weather / Land Change

MISTY TERRAIN; Avoid status problems Stun / Sleep / Burn / Freeze / Paralysis Grants Fairy Fantasy (Fairy-type pokemons increase fairy-type attacks by 5%)
The duration of the terrain could be 10 seconds or until the pokemon is weakened or out of combat, either by Hold Back / Batom Pass. The Terrain can be canceled with Neutraling Gas / Held Weather / Land Change

GRASSY TERRAIN: Heals 200 HP every 2 seconds every plant type pokemon. Grants Nature Force (plant-type pokemons increase plant-type attacks by 5%)
The duration of the terrain could be 20 seconds or until the pokemon is weakened or out of combat, either by Hold Back / Batom Pass. The terrain can be canceled with Neutraling Gas / Held Weather / Change of terrain.

RAIN DANCE; Increase water attacks by 10% / Fire attacks decrease by 10%
Weather Duration: 20Seconds
Defog: Clear the weather and cancel it

[Swift Swim] Synergy: +100 Speed ​​while it rains
[Hydration] Protects from state problems while it rains
[Rain Dish] heals the user 200 HP every 2 seconds while it rains.

SANDSTORM: Deal 200 damage to non-type pokemon (Steel / Rock / Ground) Rock attacks do 5% more damage (the underground movement increases its duration by 2s, while the sandstorm is at stake)
Weather duration: 25 seconds
Defog: Clear weather and normalize it

HAIL: Deal 200 damage every 2 seconds while the snow is active. (Attacks that freeze * Freezy Dry * Sheer Cold * Ice beam *) increase their frozen duration by 1s
Weather duration: 25 seconds

SUNNY DAY: Increase fire / plant attacks by 10%, water / ice attacks decrease by 10%, Solar Beam increases 5% extra damage.
Weather duration: 20 seconds

obviously this is a suggestion to make more sense of some skills and add factors that can affect a combat

Regards
I hope it is a topic of debate with respect.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I totally like this suggestion!

This way Terrain Moves would be more in sync with the Pokemon games. Also, they would be a bit more popular because right now they are only "slow damage" in duels (easily reflectable).

Furthermore, I believe the weather-condition-moves should be longer!

Thank you for the suggestion!

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
It is a good idea,this suggestion would make pvp more strategiable.

Adding effects on terrain moves would be fine because this way they will be more seen and not only rain dance-formula moves, people will think twice which is better for every poke, a terrain move or a move rain dance-formula, also this change will improve the abilities that you mentioned because they would have more functions than now.

Also I consider weather condition should be longer, probably 35 secs would be fine.

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
mate i really like your suggestions, but there's a reason why the suggestion board was closed:
There are lots of good suggestions in the forum, sadly we cannot take new suggestions for now and I'm afraid many ideas will be lost as new ones keep being posted, I'm closing suggestion forum for now till we can take new suggestions, if you have good ideas that you think could be worth adding please write them down in a document and post them when we can take new suggestions again

so being open to debate is good, but the bold part says it all for now.

Back