What's new

Welcome!

Charizard

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Hi guys that's my suggestion for Charizard

1 About pvp It has good tms for duel( fissure, solar beam, fly attack, Brick break) but only can take 1 because reflect is there
2 About pve magma storm+fascade+ TMS (Lava plume, blast burn, air pressure, etc.)
3 His hp looks well 22k(normal)
4 could be much (Thunder punch + Seismic toss) 1 water counter 1 rock counter so could be other

CHARIZARD MOVES:

Passive: Flameburst or Fire spin or sword dance
m1 Ember
m2 Dragon claw
m3 Thunder punch
m4 Flamethrower
m5 Fire pledge
m6 Aerial ace
m7 Fire fang/overheat/Seismic toss
m8 Fire blast
m9 Fascade
m10 Magma storm

shellman

Reaction score
It learns aerial ace by tm
And imo the best stun for him was smokescreen, both for duel and pve
Keep dragon breath instead of dragon claw cuz normal zard learns it by tm and elder has it on passive
And it switch that fire blast for air cutter cuz it barely have any flying move despite being flying/fire

That is just my opinion based on your suggested moveset

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
It learns aerial ace by tm
And imo the best stun for him was smokescreen, both for duel and pve
Keep dragon breath instead of dragon claw cuz normal zard learns it by tm and elder has it on passive
And it switch that fire blast for air cutter cuz it barely have any flying move despite being flying/fire

That is just my opinion based on your suggested moveset

That's the point opinions are important :)
hm about aerial by tm I don't think there are many charizards with aerial, before it was done I don't think it's a problem same in dragon claw, i tought in dragon breath but can't have 2 slows (Thunder punch)

what about air blast/sky drop in m8? can be improved by removing aerial for smookescreen

CHARIZARD MOVES:

m1 Ember
m2 Crunch/dragon rage/headbutt/dragon tail/idk
m3 Thunder punch
m4 Flamethrower
m5 Fire pledge
m6 Smokescreen
m8 Air blast
m9 Fascade
m10 Magma storm

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
So its my propose:

P> Rage/Dragon Rage/Dragon Claw
m1 Ember
m2 Sky Drop / Sky Atack(but probably not cuz of reflect in tms)
m3 Thunder punch
m4 Flamethrower
m5 Fire pledge
m6 Smokescreen
m7 Fire Blast / Air Blast / Focus Blast*(Can be learned by tms in orginal pokemon games)
m8 Inferno
m9 Fascade
m10 Magma storm

It will give us more or less balanced both sides of charizard types. Im not sure about m7, there are 3 good options like for me.
*Pokes shouldnt have too many counter spells in duels, this is not nintendo game, where you can easliy build ur pokemon agaisnt every weakness.

shellman

Reaction score
1Ubh9ck.jpg

This is the 2016 moveset of charizard which in my opinion was perfectly fine and balance for both its flying/fire type
But here its still the fire blast which I said could be replaced with air cutter(fire blast flying version) so it get at least more flying moves
Imo would be great to go back to that moveset and make that change only with fire blast to air cutter

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
i Like this moveset. but here charizard loosing any move to counter weakness in pvp so maybe not fire blast- air slash but seismic toss/focus blast?

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score
1Ubh9ck.jpg

This is the 2016 moveset of charizard which in my opinion was perfectly fine and balance for both its flying/fire type
But here its still the fire blast which I said could be replaced with air cutter(fire blast flying version) so it get at least more flying moves
Imo would be great to go back to that moveset and make that change only with fire blast to air cutter

That moveset can't be added, since (AFAIK) you can't have more than 1 move that breaks protection. Charizard can learns Brick Break plus Smokescreen. So prolly based on Vitto knowledges that is a no.

Sometimes I'll read suggestions from people that hasn't ANY IDEA how to duel, and still, they think that their opinion are good enough to argue with a dueler. Shellman and Kappa Prince are rookies compared to Ashh Capsup, AKA the owner of this thread. IMO his suggestion was balanced, bringing a comeback to Charizard in his dueling side. Let's see, his suggestion was:

edit: Same case as Kappa Prince, his suggestion was add again Smokescreen, I don't have anything that people write their suggestions, but somehow please consider and read your opinion carefully, because as I wrote, both doesn't know alot how to duel or giving suggestions. :p

m1 Ember
m2 Dragon claw
m3 Thunder punch
m4 Flamethrower
m5 Fire Pledge
m6 Aerial ace
m8 Fire blast
m9 Fascade
m10 Magma storm

Now, based on what Vitto wrote on how to suggest a proper moveset, my suggestion would be this:

Passive: Air Slash
M1: Ember
M2: Flamethrower
M3: Fireball
M4: Sky Drop
M5: Thunder Punch
M6: Dragon Rush
M7: Inferno
M8: Fascade
M9: Crunch would be a nice option, since already has 5 fire moves, 3 fly, (counting passive) 1 counter (thunder punch) and 1 stun that applies for his "dragon side".
M10: Magma Storm

I really think that Seismic Toss is a nice and suitable move for Charizard, however it can learns Rock Smash, Fissure, Earthquake, Brick Break, and Steel Wing. So 2 coverage moves plus one TM maybe it's too much. Or no, and instead of Crunch, Seimic Toss would apply.

It's nice to see that the community it's giving their suggestions.
Sincerly, Garkstall.

Last edited:

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
I was dueler long time ago since its dead on this serv i've focused on pvm side :)

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
I agree with Syntek's suggestion, that's all I can say. He already said everything I was going to, lol

Tsotss

Reaction score
Please, don't remove Seismic Toss. Really love that move on Charizard.

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
Please, don't remove Seismic Toss. Really love that move on Charizard.

It is a nice move, but to be honest, I'd rather have Water coverage than Rock coverage; also having a slow > having a target removal, but that's just me and what I like, you probably like more Seismic Toss and you probably have your reasons (which would be nice to hear, to see which one would be better)

(also remember that, until Zelricks or Raissa confirm that something will be changed, this are merely suggestions)

shellman

Reaction score
Seismic toss saved me a lot in duels
If zard had thunderpunch it would be fine against water but obviously would do nothing against a golem or rhyperior, seismic toss on the other side works against both types, can save you for a while if the enemy cast a rain or another area move

Tsotss

Reaction score
Shellman wrote what I wanted. :)

Maybe Thunder Punch will paralyze and deal some DMG to water type pokemons, but won't affect any earth/ground type ones. Of course it is something for something. But also big adventage (once again Shellman wrote) having Seismic Toss in moveset let as avoid some rain type moves as some others. These are main reasons why would I like to keep Seismic Toss instead of Thunder Punch. Seismic Toss + any other fight type move as a TM, can really help against rock/ground (mainly) and do much more than Thunder Punch which could just take away around 3k HP of water types (ofc it's always 3k less of our opponent), but prefer to have move which let us avoid some other as I said above and 1st said Shellman.

Back