Welcome!

Changes in rates from Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Reaction score
Changes in server rates:

Diamond
Catch rate: 1.5x (1.0 for Pokémon in Mewtwo's Island, Pits of Inferno and Inquisition areas)
Pokemon exp rate: 1.5x (1.0 for Pokémon in Pits of Inferno and Inquisition areas)

After this change many players noticed that exp for Poi (probably with Inq too) is lower than 1x and since I used to hunt Elder Charizard on Papoi I could also feel how lower the exp is now, then I had to make a comparation in all those place including Platinum to take a base of Exp, so let's start.

Platinum Exp 2x from Poi

MXqqDTk.png

Alakazam is giving 2.5k of exp

Diamond Elemental 1.5
Owq7dfF.png

Until here is ok, Alakazam is giving 1777 and the difference between Platinum is arround 600, so 1777 (1.5x exp) - 600 (0.5x exp) = 1.177 (1x exp) that is what we should be recieving on Papoi from Diamond, but...

Diamond Poi 1x?
96Gso8a.png

It's pretty clear that pokes are recieving less than 1x, so I guess you guys did something wrong in the calculations because this 1.5x from diamond, if we compare with poi that is supposed to be 1x, the difference of exp is like if it was almost 2x and not 1.5x.

More examples:

Spoiler:
Platinum 2x
oEiQmFR.png

Diamond Valley 1.5
VFDjzZG.png

A difference arround 2.3k of exp, 7874 (1.5x) - 2289 (0.5x) = 5.585 (1x exp) that is what we should be recieving on Papoi from Diamond.

Diamond Poi 1x?

4cWMeI7.png

Pokes used to test on Diamond/Platinum
yltzBAo.png

OixQWSb.png

- Almost all are lvl 130

- Elder Charizard killed to test were 121+

- Alakazam from poi were 100 and from Elemental 81-89

The catch rate for those areas is supposed to still being 1x like always were but who knows if aren't lower like the exp is now, sadly there is no way for a player check, so review it too and hope it can be fixed asap, thanks.

#dalecatchelder!

Kuiyt

Reaction score
maybe a command /rates
to show all :p

huberto

Reaction score
Some time ago I have tested it as well, exp on POI is +/- x0.75 instead of x1, what we can see on your screens. I also asked if catch is reduced by the same bugged script and Raissa told me that catch has different script and is working properly.

Invictus

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I just don't understand why they keep nerfing these like if they were AMAZING abusives with exception from Psy Room and I've already shown it here once:

http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?38886-Review-And-Balance-of-Exp

Idk the why of this restriction like if we had a lot of places for lvl, experience is pretty similar with other zones that usually we go to lvl and sadly the same happened with pokemons now... If it gonna stay as it's now, thread can be closed.

huberto

Reaction score
I can only understand nerf in exp on POI psychic and maybe a little in ghost. INQ could easily give x1.5 for pokes and 0.75 or 0.8 for players. I started my own exp comparison but only made it for fire spawns so far (not gonna continue for now with other 'type' spawns) but here are results:

Elder Charizard quest (no level required) - 243 k/h

PHHlUuZ.jpg

Elemental quest (100+) - 258 k/h <- this may be tricked because my char was fast enough to hunt Zard plate and Typhlo plate before it all respawned - basicaly hunting 2 spots at the same time

XhjeptJ.jpg

Private Island Fire (110+) - 296 k/h

3ZV0OtG.jpg

Frond Island (135+) 305 k/h

ZfvNEaD.jpg

POI Fire, final room (140) - 80 k/h (400 if were 100%, 300 if 75%)

R66TeUc.jpg

Palace fire (150+) - 363 k/h

uSlyoLM.jpg

INQ - entering room (downstairs of psycho room) (160+) - 116 k/h (580 if were 100%, 435 if 75%)

sykWlQi.jpg

INQ - Mega Charizards 1st room (160+) - 94 k/h (470 if were 100%, 325 if 75%)

YgPdQgw.jpg

INQ - Mega Charizards 2nd room (160+) - 105 k/h (525 if were 100%, 393 if 75%)

0idSVYQ.jpg

I'm just missing Elder Charizard 130+ zone but I believe it would be 300+. As we can see if INQ would be restricted only to 75% for char, we would have 3 great leveling places with 0 mapping. Believe me, hunting on INQ is not that easy. I died few times there before I got decent exp, and every place I checked was 40-60 minutes of constant hunting.

Oh, forgot to say. Team I have used:
Floatzel 100~ WP + Rain
Wash Rotom 120~ Rain + Brine
Mantine 120~ WP + HP
Slowking 110~ WP + Rain
Politoed 115~ WP + HP
Blissey 130 Reflect + WP

P.S. The one who complained how poor Palace is, please say it again :kappa:

Last edited:

Grayfoox

Reaction score
Now I see why POi was giving so low exp for pokes e.e

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
why so much panic if it is a simple bug (which was supposed to be fixed time ago, idk why it isn't yet, maybe cus im giving too much shits for Hohen xdxd), it's not nerfed to 0.75 on purpose damn

Invictus

Reaction score
why so much panic if it is a simple bug (which was supposed to be fixed time ago, idk why it isn't yet, maybe cus im giving too much shits for Hohen xdxd), it's not nerfed to 0.75 on purpose damn

Don't misunderstand us, this is not panic and nobody here said that it was nerfed on purpose but as players we are complaining because something is wrong with exp. I just decided to make a better thread showing evidence because Joslock did one weeks ago and didn't get answers from Staff and the thread was closed, anyway thanks ;)

Hohenheim

Retired Admin/Former Player
Reaction score
I wonder if someone intelligent considered that we have stages therefore rates should not be absolute. I'll review this anyway when it's its time.

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
I wonder if someone intelligent considered that we have stages therefore rates should not be absolute. I'll review this anyway when it's its time.
But a few points that i've seen on this thread.

1: As stated here: http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?39373-New-Exp-Stages&p=352031&viewfull=1#post352031, Inko and Invictus are on the same exp stage, so shouldn't make a difference(as long as these stages stated are right).

2: Invictus is complaining that, after a BOOST, pokémons are receiving LESS xp, which is illogical. Also i personally didn't knew about pokémon xp stages, only character stages.

After a brief talk yesterday with invictus, we discussed about rates and stages, we assumed(not sure about it, just a guess), that xp, stages and nerfs on specific areas, could be broken cause of the change to 1 to 1.5x, that's why the report. If our calculations are wrong, please help us to understand why a boost nerfed those spawns, we would appreciate it!

Not everything posted here is a COMPLAINT, if it's bugged, we as players, that spend most of our times on those places(not me), have to report, so staff can know about it and fix it when they can(no after alola pls)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back