What's new

Welcome!

Catch

Dimiguidax

Reaction score
Any1 can explain how works catch system? every poke have a % chance to catch ? what is that percentage 13:51 Used 16 ultra balls[0.0032%], 188 rocket balls[0.047%] on Cloned Raticate.

koles

Reaction score
This is 'extra' chance to catch for each ball. E.g. you have extra 188 rocket balls[0.047%] for rocket balls. Max percent is 0.5

Dimiguidax

Reaction score
This is 'extra' chance to catch for each ball. E.g. you have extra 188 rocket balls[0.047%] for rocket balls. Max percent is 0.5

So every poke have a % chance but don't exist a table of that ?

huberto

Reaction score
Every pokemon has his own catch rate on bulbapedia but im not sure if it is the same catch rate in PA. According to bulbapedia Raticate has 16.6% catch rate, but im sure cloned has much lower chance.

Dutchess

Reaction score
Every pokemon has its own catch rate which isn't known for players and will never be :p

Why do you need it for?

Hans : How are you Lisa?

Lisa : Why do you ask ?

Hans : *Fatal Error*

Every question deserves an answer. Doesn't matter if that answer is bad or good.
I wonder that too. What kind of problem may occur when we learn catch rate of pokemons by official sources of Padventures?

Chori :)

Reaction score
Hans : How are you Lisa?

Lisa : Why do you ask ?

Hans : *Fatal Error*

Every question deserves an answer. Doesn't matter if that answer is bad or good.
I wonder that too. What kind of problem may occur when we learn catch rate of pokemons by official sources of Padventures?

Easy.

If we don´t know catch rate but we DO know they all can be caught even with just 1 pokeball used, its all fine.
But if they told us the catchrate of every pokemon and me as X player cant catch Z pokemon, i´m going to complain since its catch rate is (for example) 1% and I tried already 150 times. Maybe you know the same as I do, percents dont stack with each other, its a 1% random with each new attempt but there are kids on the game, what does this mean? There are going to be complains once, and again, anda again and again.
Its the same as many other games and using as an example LEague of Legends, you dont tell everyone how the Elo system works, you just tell them that they are going up or down (same as our +.002% catch rate with 2 great balls).

I am fine without knowing the catch rate since I dont need it. If I want a pokemon I either buy it or try to catch it, I dont care about a random number that will still be random even if I knew it.

Back