What's new

Welcome!

Ash Greninja Moveset/Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zecao

Reaction score
Hello good, I would like to suggest some changes for Ash-Greninja, currently the state of this Pokémon, has many difficulties to win duels, against pokemon that are supposed to win by type advantage, etc. I did some tests so they could see the current status of the pokemon. Here I leave them.

ACTUAL STATE

3OVzqEP.png

It is marked with blue color, the movements that in my opinion only make greninja unable to get their full potential

Current status of the Greninja

1) The first change that I see very good is to remove the "Bouncy Bubbles" movement, it has no damage and tends to fail 80% of the time

2) add the characteristic Ash Greninja's Ability "Battle Bond"

3) Double Team currently does nothing in duels, it is very little relevant, also to level up, does not apply damage, can only increase the range of "Attacks", but with much less damage

Suggestions

1) add in replacement of "Bouncy Bubbles" a new movement that is of the type (Water / dark) called: "Darkness Shurikens", with a formula similar to that of "Magnetic Force" From Mega Lucario. (remove Snarl / Rain dance from the moves you can learn)

Kl89OtF.png

2) Maybe a good ability for Ash Greninja may be to add + 8-10% damage in ranged attacks. That's much better than having the skill you currently have (Torrent) and less complicated than creating "Protean"

afEcirg.png

3) There is a Bug in the greninja double team (clones appear everywhere and without stopping) and a solution may be to change the position of the "Shadow Sneak and Double Team" movements, since the occurrence rate of a Passive is very unlikely or Completely remove "double team" from greninja moves and add Faint Attack passive.

go to the minute 00:50.

Extra Info:
BOUNCY BUBBLES: (BOTH NO HELD) AGAINST WEAKNESS
19:20 Your Greninja deals 1810 damage to a Delphox.
19:20 Your Greninja deals 1810 damage to a Delphox.
19:20 Your Greninja deals 1800 damage to a Delphox.

BOUNCY BUBBLES (BOTH NO HELD) AGAINST NEUTRAL
19:22 Your Greninja deals 906 damage to a Florges.
19:22 Your Greninja deals 905 damage to a Florges.

HYDROPUMP (Only for damage comparison Between Bouncy Bubbles>Hydropump)
19:24 Your Greninja deals 3208 damage to a Delphox.
19:24 Your Greninja deals 3208 damage to a Delphox.

Thanks you and regards.

Last edited:

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
So sorry but we have to not accept your proposition so:
1. Currently ash greninja already have a very decent moveset with 3 counters against grass pokemons
2. We will not remove double team from ash greninja it would be like removing hydropump from blastoise
3. I boosted a bit bouncy bubbles, foul play and water shuriken dmg (not much but should match other pokemons, shuriken should overall be the strongest buff wise)
4. I don't really see any reason to apply that ability to ash greninja originally in game it does nothing (yea it boost stats but for us greninja is like mega so it is buffed in its own way) aka it also buffs shuriken which should be enough in terms of dmg boost in that move that i just did, also you have to think about its other moves with that ability we would nerf its targets
5. We don't want to add that move that you proposed because greninja would be too strong with that

Ps: I changed like 3 numbers in bouncy bubbles file so i think it should hit pokemons more often (i copied deafen ones) so that should be enough for it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back