What's new

Welcome!

Alola Starters Signature Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strek

Reaction score
Hello. I think the recent change made to the starters definitely was in the right direction; it feels very good to use the final form now. However, I think a good improvement would be to revise the formula of the starters signature moves; right now, they (personally) feel unrewarding. Spirit Shackle has a nice visual to it, but right now Darkest Lariat and Sparkling Aria feel so uninspired: they feel very similar to Throat Chop, Crunch, Aqua Blast, etc.

Darkest Lariat it's supposed to be a spin attack, so it could use Leaf Tornado/Final Gambit formula, in a different color.

Sparkling Aria should be AoE as well, although I can't think of a good visual for it. Maybe Bullet Seed-like formula.

This isn't a priority, by the way, specially because it'd mean to rebalance these Pokemon once again. The latest update made them actually usuable upon reaching level 80, but like I said they could use improvements in that department.

Thank you.

Strek

Reaction score
That's what led me to create the thread, actually. Unless the moves are different in test room than in actual play, or you're talking about the moves damage, I fail to see what's so funny.

Strek

Reaction score
I doubt, but it is a bit funny.

Okay, so I got up at 3AM to test a fucking videogame mechanic and I stand corrected. I didn't thought of testing the moves without using target. Although I'd still love to see the spin on Darkest Lariat, the moves as they're now do feel smooth. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back