What's new

Welcome!

About some moves

Makarno.-

Reaction score
Hello dear community, I would like to write about some movesets.
Maybe not all of you know but I decided to return to PA about 20 days ago.
I found myself with a really nice surprise, the implementation of fairy type, the good balance in many pokemons that back then used to be awful, new respawns, newTMs, weather system, ability system, etc
But I have to be honest and I also found things that I did not like. I guess it is impossible to like everything.
1) Too many "standar" moves: What I mean is that there are too many moves to have their counterpart in other type, in many pokemons. (Thunder bolt, then ice and fire bolt)
2) Lack of identity: There are a lot of pokemons that have the same moveset but in different types only, 1 hydropump stylish, 1 earthquake stylish, 1 volt tackle stylish. Even supossed to be slow pokemons have attacks like that (fable, wiggly, toise).
3) This is more just a personal opinion. I don't like names for attacks that don't exist in real pokemon (anime, manga or nintendo games). Ice bolt, Fire bolt, epicenter, etc do not exist. There are plenty of ice, fire and ground moves out there in bulbapedia so you can name those new moves to one of them.
I know we are NOT nintendo, but after all we are a POKEMON server, like it or not. The reason why we have Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, Pikachu and Charmander, and not Westeros, Howarts and London, Agumon and Mo, is because we are pokemon server. I would love if we follow that path into canonic pokemon names and moves.

So, my suggestion is to give identity to moves, pokemons, and have coherent names on moves aswell.

<3

peace

oh and I forgot, there are many pokes that have Swagger xD

Sennen Ryu.-

Reaction score
Hello dear community, I would like to write about some movesets.
Maybe not all of you know but I decided to return to PA about 20 days ago.
I found myself with a really nice surprise, the implementation of fairy type, the good balance in many pokemons that back then used to be awful, new respawns, newTMs, weather system, ability system, etc
But I have to be honest and I also found things that I did not like. I guess it is impossible to like everything.
1) Too many "standar" moves: What I mean is that there are too many moves to have their counterpart in other type, in many pokemons. (Thunder bolt, then ice and fire bolt)
2) Lack of identity: There are a lot of pokemons that have the same moveset but in different types only, 1 hydropump stylish, 1 earthquake stylish, 1 volt tackle stylish. Even supossed to be slow pokemons have attacks like that (fable, wiggly, toise).
3) This is more just a personal opinion. I don't like names for attacks that don't exist in real pokemon (anime, manga or nintendo games). Ice bolt, Fire bolt, epicenter, etc do not exist. There are plenty of ice, fire and ground moves out there in bulbapedia so you can name those new moves to one of them.
I know we are NOT nintendo, but after all we are a POKEMON server, like it or not. The reason why we have Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, Pikachu and Charmander, and not Westeros, Howarts and London, Agumon and Mo, is because we are pokemon server. I would love if we follow that path into canonic pokemon names and moves.

So, my suggestion is to give identity to moves, pokemons, and have coherent names on moves aswell.

<3

peace

oh and I forgot, there are many pokes that have Swagger xD

Makarno presidente

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
1) Sometimes it's too hard to find an idea for a new formula, however you or anyone else can suggest one and then we can do a change.
2) ^
3) Problem is that - in our opinion 10 or 20 spell names for several pokemon IS not enough, this would make us too limited and pokemons would be even more similar to each other. We understand you may not like it, but at this point I have to say that this gonna stay as it is.

Makarno.-

Reaction score
1) Sometimes it's too hard to find an idea for a new formula, however you or anyone else can suggest one and then we can do a change.
2) ^
3) Problem is that - in our opinion 10 or 20 spell names for several pokemon IS not enough, this would make us too limited and pokemons would be even more similar to each other. We understand you may not like it, but at this point I have to say that this gonna stay as it is.

Yeh, I know it is hard.
Well I will try to be active on suggestions.
About moves I am sure there are plenty of canon attacks to look for. Every new region usually adds new moves. I think there might be about 40 attacks of each type.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeh, I know it is hard.
Well I will try to be active on suggestions.
About moves I am sure there are plenty of canon attacks to look for. Every new region usually adds new moves. I think there might be about 40 attacks of each type.
I understand your point of view, however there are some attacks related to stats, which we don't want to use for now, and we will in the future, once the whole system gets implemented. At this point I have to say once again, it's gonna stay like this :)

Back