What's new

Welcome!

About skills: fly/ride/surf

Tsotss

Reaction score
According to Sucri's post, I would like to make a suggestion about skills which are said above (talked with Sucri about if I can use his suggestion to make new one and he aggred).
gdQRuKW.png

Why I want to return his suggestion to the life? Cus as he mentioned (and I agree as I suppose some other players) - it's a bit dissapoiting waiting for some pokemons sprite to have possibility ride/fly/surf on them and even seeing new pokemons which have one of those skills, but old ones which have been added to the game before - not (it's not a complaining).

By this change won't be more problems with added new pokemons with exact skills or waiting to add some skills to existed pokemons. It would be really helpful for us, but also for you. It's sad that pokemons which we want to use don't have some skills and we need to take another one just for flying for example what sometimes is waste of pokemon slot.

For every skill (which needs new sprite) you could make a polls with pokemons assigned to given skills where players could choose for example 5 pokemons or you will just choose some pokemons with skills and put them for every pokemon which could use exact skill (I know it sounds a bit stupid) or just make other sprites for fly/ride/surf (1-3 for one which could be chosen by players in some way) and put them for all pokemons which are adapted to use these skills. It mustn't be even pokemon sprite, but for example tire for surfing (which is on Sucri post), for riding using any vehicle and for flying maybe ballons, wings or something other (these are just examples, don't treat it serious - want to describe how it could look). When any pokemon would have one of these skills, we will use on us and we will fly/ride/surf.

Let me give some "+" and "-" for this suggestion.

"+"
- no more money used for buying sprites for skills of pokemons
- no more time wasting for making sprites for some skills (read somewhere on forum that Raissa does some)
- you could focus on others things like new pokemons, quests, improving the game generally
- every pokemon which could use one of these skills will have it, even if not with its own sprite (but who really care about few seconds/minutes of riding, flying, surfing) - IMO its important to have possibility to use their skills when we need them

Propably the most important things.

"-"
- money which were used for sprites of skills
- pokemons won't have their own sprites with any of these skills

Don't see more "-".

In the end - please consider this request and don't close this thread. I know you have your own things to do, but maybe is any chance to make a change with these skills.

Also if someone agrees/disagrees, please leave comment here or suggest something other what could make these skills general for proper pokemons.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I didn't know Sucri suggested this!

What an incredible idea! it's actually a win-win situation.

I have been waiting for 1.5 years (and counting) for this suggestion:

Hello!

I would like to make 2 suggestions:

1.- Add Surf and Dive to Dragonair. It is one of the few Pure-Dragon type pokemons who can actually surf AND dive in the anime and in the game. It is nice that it already has Fly, as we can see in the anime too that it can fly.
Proof of this:
C04UAFq.png
(obtained from Bulbapedia)
Also, I invite you to watch one of my favourites Gym-leader's duel: Ash vs Clair here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6dJ51Tr6Sw
And you can clearly hear on minute 14:07 how Clair orders Dragonair to go "Underwater" and you can also see throughout the duel how Dragonair uses its diving ability to have an advantage over Charizard. One last proof: You can clearly listen on minute 14:58 how Brock says, and I quote, "Yeah, but Dragonair's got the advantage of water".

2.- Add ability Surf to Haxorus: It can learn it as a TM, according to bulbapedia, which means in the games it can actually surf. Also, it has it as a move in PAdventures. I think it looks a bit silly that it can use the move "surf" but it cannot surf.
I know some people would be like "well, other pokemons have surf in their move-set too but that doesn't mean they should literally surf" like Pelipper for example. But Pelipper is more of a bird. What I mean is: I believe what makes Haxorus different is that it is a Pure-Dragon type. For example we have dual-types like Dragon/Flying (Salamance, Altaria) or Dragon/Ground (Flygon, Garchomp), but they clearly cannot surf because of their Dual-type... it is not in their nature (according to Bulbapedia, with the exception of Dragonite, who can learn surf in the games too).

Thanks!

Tsotss

Reaction score
Ok, there was an update, where 2 pokemons got fly skill and one pokemon got ride skill, so propably you won't consider this request made firstly by Sucri and later than me. Don't know why, becouse actually it could solve many problems with pokemons which don't have these skills in title. It's your choice, nevermind.

Could you at least give some others sprite for flying, riding, swimming for pokemons which don't have any of them? What's the problem of giving flying Pidgeot' sprite for example for pokes which could use this skill, like Garchomp, to the time of having right one, what's the problem of giving Tauros' sprite for riding for pokes which can keep player on its back to the time of having right one of certain pokemon, the same goes with swim skill?

If I good rememeber long ago things like this happened in game and pokemons had other sprite than right one with any of skill. One day Samurott was without sprite of swim skill and it could use it (now it has).
I might be wrong... but Samurott has no surfing sprite, yet it has the ability:
CaBkF2F.jpg
Could you do something with other pokemons like making them even invisible, just for using these skills?

That's all.

PS. Don't worry Sting, this thread I won't bump anymore. That's the last my post here.

Back