What's new

Welcome!

About Levitate

Abble

Reaction score
Hello, i'm here to suggest to put the abillity levitate ingame, this abillity consists in making some pokemons that are able to levitate be immune to ground attacks.

x3UIDiy.png

The only pokemon that has this abillity at the moment is Hydreigon; There aren't many pokemons that can levitate in the game, as you can see below:

8mu34DK.png

The pokemons that would benefeciate from this abillity at the moment are: Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Koffing, Weezing, Misdreavus, Flygon, Duskull (not dusknoir), Mismagius, Bronzor and Bonzong.
As you can see, none of those pokémons would get OP, the only thing that could be big is if flygon received 2x damage from ground, which it doesn't since flygon is half dragon and so receives 1x, besides, gengar would get a good boost and wouldn't make his type combination so bad (ghost/poison).

Regards,
Abble

huberto

Reaction score
Suggestion is nice but imagine river of tears about Gengar Mansion not being so good for level up anymore.

Abble

Reaction score
Suggestion is nice but imagine river of tears about Gengar Mansion not being so good for level up anymore.

thats another reason to do so, mansion is too overcrowded and even a lvl 70 can lvl up there killing like 4 gengar together

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
I would prefer that only for pokemons with many weakness, i'm not agree with adding it to Gengar, Bronzong and Flygon.

As you say, Flygon gets x1 from Ground, but considering the fact that some pokes Ground are able to kill it and some other pokes that are currently able to kill it need Earthquake as strong TM to do it, none of these pokes would be able to kill Flygon anymore and even if is not weak to Ground, this is a great advantage (as is always with immunities)

Clen

Reaction score
I would prefer that only for pokemons with many weakness, i'm not agree with adding it to Gengar, Bronzong and Flygon.

As you say, Flygon gets x1 from Ground, but considering the fact that some pokes Ground are able to kill it and some other pokes that are currently able to kill it need Earthquake as strong TM to do it, none of these pokes would be able to kill Flygon anymore and even if is not weak to Ground, this is a great advantage (as is always with immunities)

Maybe puts "levitate" in passive like harden duration and add formula movement

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
Just to be clear, i said my opinion, but i didn't reject the idea.

Maybe puts "levitate" in passive like harden duration and add formula movement

Sounds nice, but an ability is different than a passive :/

Abble

Reaction score
Just to share my opinion of our talk here, I was talking ingame to torment about the levitate thing, there are pokes that are imune to ground because they were created in the generation that had already levitate implemented, so they were always imune to ground types. There's an exemple ingame now, hydreigon has been made on a generation that has already levitate implemented, so he is in PA as well with it, but there are half of pokemons that have this ability and always were imune to ground and made after gengeration 2, so here's the thing, make them like they were suposed to be, imune to ground, or remove that from them and make all pokemons that can levitate, not be ground imune. The right thing would be to balance the ones that are suposed to get levitate from season 1,2 which would get too good and make them have it, for exemple, gengar has already too many weaknesses due to his types, it would be a little boost to him, in the other hand flygon would need a stlight nerf (maybe on his life or his damage), not sure about mismagius because i rarely see her on pvp.

Piczek007

Reaction score
Adding "levitate" would be nice, though not necessary, but adding it only to few of levitating pokemons is kinda messy and confusing

Abble

Reaction score
claydol also is imune ingame against ground, so he has levitate... only half of the pokes that have this abillity are going to have levitate? thats so unfair to the first and second generation pokes :/

Grayfoox

Reaction score
I think this would change all the rebalance made until now, some pokes could be OP again due this implementation, agreed with some pokes that have many weakness

Ashketchuum

Reaction score
I agree with Abble, levitate should be for every pokemon that has that Ability or to none to be fair, and Flygon right now reminds me of the times when u could kill Charizards with ground attacks '-' i mean really he even has a Flying sprite e.e..

Joww

Banned user
Reaction score
This is an Awesome Idea.

Now the question is:

Shall we choose Power Level on Gengar Mansion, or Shall we choose rpg?

Joww

Banned user
Reaction score
Add to a few as Passive and to a Few as Move Set

Abble

Reaction score
Add to a few as Passive and to a Few as Move Set

it's not a passive nor a moveset, it's an abillity, which means they receive no damage from ground moves at any time...

#levitateforallpokes

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
bro i like levitate cuz is a nice ability but if this is added in all those pokemons you say, it may break the whole rebalance made in all these pokemons and they surelly going to become OP , for example those Rotoms last time they were implemented in game with this ability, there was no pokemon able to kill it.

Rotom (electric/fire) and all others electric, how is suppused to kill them without ground? if they are strong to water..

I think the logic of pokemon elements is more stronger than pokemon original abilities and Opness some pokemons have, this reminds me when Pikachu defeated an Steelix with Iron tail :v

Maybe a weak pokemon can have it, for example the hydreigon became better when they added to him, it has so many weakness and thats why.

Joww

Banned user
Reaction score
it's not a passive nor a moveset, it's an abillity, which means they receive no damage from ground moves at any time...

#levitateforallpokes

No, that is too overwhelming...

Chori :)

Reaction score
bro i like levitate cuz is a nice ability but if this is added in all those pokemons you say, it may break the whole rebalance made in all these pokemons and they surelly going to become OP , for example those Rotoms last time they were implemented in game with this ability, there was no pokemon able to kill it.

Rotom (electric/fire) and all others electric, how is suppused to kill them without ground? if they are strong to water..

I think the logic of pokemon elements is more stronger than pokemon original abilities and Opness some pokemons have, this reminds me when Pikachu defeated an Steelix with Iron tail :v

Maybe a weak pokemon can have it, for example the hydreigon became better when they added to him, it has so many weakness and thats why.

Well ugh... The same way they are beat in Pokemon?

Rotom fire with water, rock.
Rotom grass with ice, bug
Rotom ghost with dark
Rotom ice with fire, rock, steel.
Rotom water with elec. grass

Not so hard.

Chori :)

Reaction score
Adding abilities such as levitate would be too overwhelming and would mean they need to add ALL the abilities to pokemon, and considering many pokemon in pokemon games duh) have more than 1 ability they would have to find a way to choose 1 or set 1 at random or smth like that and that is an incredibly huge amount of work. Would I like it? Fuck yes. Would it be benefitial to PA? Yeah. Does that mean its necessary at this point? Hell no.

Back