What's new

Welcome!

Venusaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanm5

Reaction score
venusaur even with the various changes over the years, he is always a weak pokemon for dueling, due to his horrible typing, my suggestion would be, syntesis, gunk shot and natutal gift instead of secret power, just like abomansow has a terrible typing , and was good with good attacks

M1 razor leaf
M2 secret power
M3 vine whip
M4 solar beam
M5 poison powder
M6 grassy glide
M7 block
M8 sleep powder
M9 leaf storm
M10 peral blizzard
For
M1 razor leaf
M2 natutal gift
M3 vine whip
M4 solar beam
M5 gunk shot
M6 grassy glide
M7 block
M8 syntesis
M9 leaf storm
M10 peral blizzard

Edit ...

Last edited:

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
I mean, hmmm.... If he's type is horrible then don't choose him for duels? He's fine for exp as he's now, and i don't think any changes will fix his trash type in duels. I don't understand your suggestion, roserade fits your needs perfectly. And abomanow isn;t good in pvp as i've never seen anyone use it in.

eDIT:// misschecked venusaur with roserade. Which have everything you need.

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score
I agree with this guy, I really liked the effort sting and others from staff put to make some pokémon better, i really mean it when I thank you guys for taking some time tô review these pokemon.

However some of them continue bad, and venussaur is one of them, it just got a new simple move and it didn't change much.

I feel attracked to venussaur because when I was a kid i always used him to duel in Nintendo games, it's nostalgic, but in PA it's impractible.
My suggestion is giving him some good duel move like blastoise received (Flip turn). Something similar to that would already help a lot. Regards!

jeanm5

Reaction score
I mean, hmmm.... If he's type is horrible then don't choose him for duels? He's fine for exp as he's now, and i don't think any changes will fix his trash type in duels. I don't understand your suggestion, roserade fits your needs perfectly. And abomanow isn;t good in pvp as i've never seen anyone use it in.

why venusaur is my favorite pokemon and I can never use a duel because there are many others of the same type, much better

stin stauer

Reaction score

but.. does his suggestion change anything about pve? according to those suggestion it isn't making any difference when you hunt with venu, it just improves his pvp side.

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
why venusaur is my favorite pokemon and I can never use a duel because there are many others of the same type, much better

My favourite pokemon is Guzzlord and i can't use is anywhere because it's garbage dragon ;/.

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
but.. does his suggestion change anything about pve? according to those suggestion it isn't making any difference when you hunt with venu, it just improves his pvp side.

He made an edit and now it lose stun and gets heal. That's a downvote for me. And it makes it Roserade v2. Petal blizzard/Natural Gift/Heal/Almost same second aoe(just faster). Base is the same. Even roserade have sleep and venusaur lose it. Ask yourself, i dont know if you are REAL hardcore duelers or not, are you going to use it in duels after those changes? Or you just want to change it because it's your favourite pokemon. Then realize that it's the type the biggest problem, and never use it in duels again. As i said how many times you seen grass/poison pokemons or even grass in duels? There is reason behind it.

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score
He made an edit and now it lose stun and gets heal. That's a downvote for me. And it makes it Roserade v2. Petal blizzard/Natural Gift/Heal/Almost same second aoe(just faster). Base is the same. Even roserade have sleep and venusaur lose it. Ask yourself, i dont know if you are REAL hardcore duelers or not, are you going to use it in duels after those changes? Or you just want to change it because it's your favourite pokemon. Then realize that it's the type the biggest problem, and never use it in duels again. As i said how many times you seen grass/poison pokemons or even grass in duels? There is reason behind it.

I used to think like this, but check stamie as an example, it has 5 weakness and venussaur only 4, stamie now is a very nice pokemon in pvp and pve, everybody is using it to duel, but nobody uses venusaur to duel.
the problem isn't the type, but the moves, there are some pokemons that only became good if the staff add OP moves to balance their weakness, another example would be tyranitar, that pokemon has 7 weakness, so in order to make him good they had to add OP moves and now he is balanced, do you get it? i would use venu in duel just like everybody uses starmie even having a bad typing..

Zecao

Reaction score
hello, I think venusaur is fine in its current state, it would probably be forcing its use if they made those changes, if we make the comparison between types (venu / abomas) simply the set of things make Abomasnow better ... it's a matter of combining "ability, HP Base, Moveset / Learnset" unfortunately most PADventures starters share the ability "Overgrow" helping the pokemon in practically nothing Venusaur's "Block" is to take advantage of cutting the healing or some skill is a very good mechanic and very few Pokemon can use it. Being replaced by Syntesis would force Venusaur to have less HP and if he is the victim of an Arbok for example using Block, he would be in the situation of whether to use "reflect" or "syntesis" being even weaker than we currently know him.

Solution: Maybe 1k more of HP can help to our kanto's starter

Regards.

Zecao

Reaction score
I used to think like this, but check stamie as an example, it has 5 weakness and venussaur only 4, stamie now is a very nice pokemon in pvp and pve, everybody is using it to duel, but nobody uses venusaur to duel.
the problem isn't the type, but the moves, there are some pokemons that only became good if the staff add OP moves to balance their weakness, another example would be tyranitar, that pokemon has 7 weakness, so in order to make him good they had to add OP moves and now he is balanced, do you get it? i would use venu in duel just like everybody uses starmie even having a bad typing..

Believe me if Starmie didn't have the "Natural Cure" ability it would be a Pokemon that would be forgotten

stin stauer

Reaction score
Believe me if Starmie didn't have the "Natural Cure" ability it would be a Pokemon that would be forgotten

I agree with you, ability is something crucial with starmie, altough, jean's suggestion is to keep block and add sinthesys, and not choose one of them, yet I think at least venussaur deserves natural gift instead of secret power, but this single change wouldn't make me use it during duels, it would just help venussaur's lovers a bit

jeanm5

Reaction score
removing solar beam from Venusaur has so much sense.

edited, I agree several atqs there is no way to take from the venusaur, but if you give some of those that I suggested, it would greatly improve the pokemon

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
We will see, but you got to understand, that some type combinations are just bad. As abomasnow's main problem was several weaknesses, as his type combination against other pokemons is not that bad. Venusaur's ones are bad, it's mainly grass because it is its nature, so it's good only against water, ground and rock. People in pvp prefer to use electric pokemons which have just 1 weakness or water.

Making it half grass, half poison would be bad, firstly it would be non sense, as I said it's mainly grass. Second of all it would be weak either as grass and poison

jeanm5

Reaction score
We will see, but you got to understand, that some type combinations are just bad. As abomasnow's main problem was several weaknesses, as his type combination against other pokemons is not that bad. Venusaur's ones are bad, it's mainly grass because it is its nature, so it's good only against water, ground and rock. People in pvp prefer to use electric pokemons which have just 1 weakness or water.

Making it half grass, half poison would be bad, firstly it would be non sense, as I said it's mainly grass. Second of all it would be weak either as grass and poison

thank you very much, but I think he needs something more poison, to be able to kill fairy or other grass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back