What's new

Welcome!

Prankster Ability

stin stauer

Reaction score
hello community,

I would like an adaptation on the ab Prankster.

1st: Could you guys adapt this ability to when the opponents change their set of moves, both pokemons (enemy and my own pokemon) don't be able to use defense moves like (protection, reflect, any kind of heal move, and all the other defense moves in game, except stuns moves)?

2nd: if you dislike the first suggestion, could you remove all the defense moves from pokes with this ability (protection, reflect, any kind of heal move, and all the other defense moves in game, except stuns moves) and increase the life of them?

thx

Tsotss

Reaction score
I disagree. You don't know which pokemon your opponent is going to use. So this ability gives you adventage and disadventage - depends of moveset which pokemon with Prankster gets.

Remember that Skill Swap changes moveset between pokemons too (but works less seconds and its move, not ability). Here you can use heal moves etc.

What I want to say - abilities usually give boost to your pokemon. Prankster (if replaced moveset is great) gives that boost. But remember it isn't always.

Also it doesn't sound good. You can change moveset by this ability but you can't use some moves of that moveset. Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score
I disagree. You don't know which pokemon your opponent is going to use. So this ability gives you adventage and disadventage - depends of moveset which pokemon with Prankster gets.

Remember that Skill Swap changes moveset between pokemons too (but works less seconds and its move, not ability). Here you can use heal moves etc. This is the reason why some people like that ability.

What I want to say - abilities usually give boost to your pokemon. Prankster (if replaced moveset is great) gives that boost. But remember it isn't always.

Also it doesn't sound good. You can change moveset by this ability but you can't use some moves of that moveset. Sorry, but I don't buy it.

I didnt understand very well your point of view, because:

1st: This ability doesnt bring too much advantage if it gives protection and heal to the oponent every time it is used and just sometimes it will bring you some heal or protection from the opponent, just think man:

---> it's like 100% chance the enemy will get a defense move from your set,that's why I suggested 2 options "remove heal and protection moves from pokes who own this ability"

2nd: The move "skill swap is giving the moves from the opponent to you and vice versa, so in this way, prankster ability is just like a skill swap, but it's a move. That's why I suggested to remove the use of heal and protection on this ability in order to differentiate the ability from the move.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Sometimes additional heal or protection can "save the live". Also why did you focus on pokemons with heal and protection moves? Not every pokemon has it which are pretty strong so isn't true that is 100% chance of getting heal or kind of protection.

It has cooldown 3 minutes if I good remember, so its wrong saying (for me at least) its casted every time.
Don't know which part you didn't understand. Let me know then I'll try be more clear.

Regards.:)

stin stauer

Reaction score
Thanks for answering lewuseq!! :)

Sometimes additional heal or protection can "save the live"

like the enemy life..

Also why did you focus on pokemons with heal and protection moves? Not every pokemon has it which are pretty strong

Not all the pokemons with prankster have these moves, but those who have it are in disadvantage because they give these moves to the opponent and sometimes dont don't get anything good in return. That's why i suggest to disable defense moves in this ab.

so isn't true that is 100% chance of getting heal or kind of protection.

yes, it is 100% chance of giving protection and moonlight to the enemy when you use pokemons like klefki and sableye and they use the ability in duel.

my suggestion stands: either they disable the defense moves on this ability or they remove the defense moves on pokes with this ability and increase the life of them.

ps: just saying when I create the suggestions threads I take advices on players from the game and if they support my idea, I create the thread to see the rest of your opinions, so feel free to comment ^^

Tsotss

Reaction score
yes, it is 100% chance of giving protection and moonlight to the enemy when you use pokemons like klefki and sableye and they use the ability in duel.
Here I agree. Opponent's pokemon will get always heal or protection (in Klefki's case and Sableye's case).

I looked from the other hand that if we have pokemon with Prankster then it won't get prot/heal every time.

Still I think Prankster ability works fine, as it should be.

Reaction score
Do you have notion that 100% of all pokemons in game, if not all, but most have some kind of protection or healing, right? Even those who have "prankster" ability? And also, I can not see any sense in disabling such movements, keeping the others and giving exeptions to X or Y poke case... I think both options are not interesting, IMO. Just because it's working fine the way it is. Remembering that, maybe the same would be need to do to similar situations like skill swap move.

stin stauer

Reaction score
Do you have notion that 100% of all pokemons in game, if not all, but most have some kind of protection or healing
Where da hell did I say ALL the pokémons? I said pokémons with this ability, damn, learn how to read

Anyway.. this thread can be closed after all of this

stin stauer

Reaction score
I looked from the other hand that if we have pokemon with Prankster then it won't get prot/heal every time.
That's what I am saying, both pokémons (opponent and me) woudnt get any heal If the ability didnt work with defense moves, Just the others...

But maybe the case is just change moonlight and protection from sableye and klefki to give them more life.. idk

Reaction score
Where da hell did I say ALL the pokémons? I said pokémons with this ability, damn, learn how to read

Do you have notion that 100% of all pokemons in game, if not all, but most have some kind of protection or healing, right? Even those who have "prankster" ability? And also, I can not see any sense in disabling such movements, keeping the others and giving exeptions to X or Y poke case... I think both options are not interesting, IMO. Just because it's working fine the way it is. Remembering that, maybe the same would be need to do to similar situations like skill swap move. .

Back