What's new

Welcome!

My Suggestion about Tournament.

falconflu

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

First i need tell something about tournament 2018... the way the 2018 tournament was made, it was a great surprise for me. And to be honest I really enjoyed the idea of ​​random pokemons.

however, I found a lot of injustice in a way for more experienced players who like to duel. and also, for those who do not know all the pokemons.

we had new pokemons, whose not everyone knew the types and had never seen them before, or we could have tried them before, and this has hurt many players, who did not know how they worked or what to use against some new types.
and also, some players had more "luck" than others in random pokemons, which seems unfair to me.

so here's my suggestion for this to be improved:

First, the tournament needs to be better organized, and done with some criteria.

criteria:

- Each player, need 1 diferent pokemon of each type or element. about the pokemons with 2 elements, need check atacks to put in determined group. Example:Drifblim is Ghost/fly, but have more ghost type's than fly... put it on ghost type group.

- and about the pokemons that have well balanced types, is the free choice of which group can put it. Example: Omastar, is Rock/Water, has the same amount of moves of each type.

- About tm's: I have two suggestions for tm's.

1. each player can choose the tm's of the pokes random they win, if that is possible. So you can duel your way! (If it is not possible to choose tm's, we will need one more criterion, that will be said in suggestion 2).

2. Each player can only have 1 reflect as TM on the team. Each player can only have 1 Brick Break as TM in the team. Each player can only have 1 Feint as TM in the team.
(The essence of the suggestion is that the TMs are also divided into groups so that each player can have a "strong" TM type, not more than one, so that it is not unbalanced).

Reason: If all TMs are random, some players could get 2, 3 reflects and others only with 1 or none.

3. Last and best suggestion is: Each player will win 1 of each TM to be able to put them in their pokemons. Thus, no player would have more than 1 reflect with TM, or Brick, among other TM's OPs ... Being able to choose in which random pokemon they received, use them.

Reason: so each player could somehow choose how to "set up your team to your preference", without disbalance.

That's is my suggestions from next tournament, to be a Fairer tournament.

And forgive me to my bad english :D And thank you for ur attention. :3:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
That was the point of random tournament. People are getting random pokemon with reflect (if learns it) + other random tm. You are getting 8 pokemons and u win with them or not. Nearly everyone noticed that there are alolan pokemons, uncle google doesn't bite. It's not like you couldn't check which types are effective on some of them.

It's not like you weren't informed of getting random pokemons. You knew what were mechanics of it, so if you felt it's unfair, you shouldn't have participated. It was done for fun ;)

Half of your suggestion makes tournament non random. Else it's not like we are going to do it every time.

falconflu

Reaction score
That was the point of random tournament. People are getting random pokemon with reflect (if learns it) + other random tm. You are getting 8 pokemons and u win with them or not. Nearly everyone noticed that there are alolan pokemons, uncle google doesn't bite. It's not like you couldn't check which types are effective on some of them.

It's not like you weren't informed of getting random pokemons. You knew what were mechanics of it, so if you felt it's unfair, you shouldn't have participated. It was done for fun ;)

Half of your suggestion makes tournament non random. Else it's not like we are going to do it every time.

I do not agree with your point. even because the tournament was unbalanced. you say it's to look at google on the new and alolan pokemons, but how will I know which pokemons my opponents have before the battle? I could only see what kind it was the Pokémon when my battle was over.

my suggestions do not make the tournament random, only the pokemons you will get. and I have one more suggestion on this and I'll put it here for you

Suggestion about random pokemons: for players like me who do not know all new and alolan pokemons, have a "training time" to test types and attacks and new types. Example: I fought against a sand castle and I did not know this pokemon. then read about it on google. I would never have guessed he was a ghost type. and it hurt me in the tournament, he killed 2 my pokemons. Detail: one of the pokemons he killed my, was water :) totally unbalanced.

I'm not criticizing the tournament, Raissa. I'm just giving you suggestions to make it better in the future. This idea of ​​random pokemons was incredible. But it needs to be improved!

huberto

Reaction score
Tournament was good. Working pokedex for Alolan pokes or chance to get out of tournament area to test some new moves we had in pokes would be enough. Also a little better balance between pokes. For example there was Girafarig with 2 stuns in moveset + reflect in TM and there were plenty of pokemons with only 1 stun in moves, no protection at all, and no stun in TM. Overall tournament was really great, much better and in my opinion more fun than all we had earlier. It was the very first time when your in-game wallet didn't decide about winning.

falconflu

Reaction score
"It's not like you weren't informed of getting random pokemons. You knew what were mechanics of it, so if you felt it's unfair, you shouldn't have participated. It was done for fun"

if it was to have fun like that, why did they charge 2 diamonds for entry? if it were just for "fun" it should be free. if it is for that thought, just did spend time and 2 diamonds.

I remember when tournaments were made with more organization and seriousness. :) do not be rude in that way, I simply gave my suggestion.

Celsonz

Banned user
Reaction score
Tournament was good but i agree you should add area to test moves from alolan pokes coz players who testing those pokes were on better place in this tournament. Also imo tournament was much funnier than others where we see almost every duel same pokes.

falconflu

Reaction score
Tournament was good. Working pokedex for Alolan pokes or chance to get out of tournament area to test some new moves we had in pokes would be enough. Also a little better balance between pokes. For example there was Girafarig with 2 stuns in moveset + reflect in TM and there were plenty of pokemons with only 1 stun in moves, no protection at all, and no stun in TM. Overall tournament was really great, much better and in my opinion more fun than all we had earlier. It was the very first time when your in-game wallet didn't decide about winning.

I'm in favor of balancing with random pokemons so that players without a lot of "cash" have any chance. However, I do not think fair is about players who have worked hard to get good pokemons, to win bad pokemons with bad "tm's". so I gave my suggestion to balance that way. with random pokemons and being able to equip it with the tm's that it wishes according to the rules.

then the right one would all be balanced, so that it wins the best player in duels, not the luckiest :D

falconflu

Reaction score
Tournament was good but i agree you should add area to test moves from alolan pokes coz players who testing those pokes were on better place in this tournament. Also imo tournament was much funnier than others where we see almost every duel same pokes.

i agree with your point. and I have the feeling that if we could test before, many players who lost as "leonidas, ashtib, and others" could have a better chance, because they are good duelists.

I just think it should be better balanced, so that the best and not the luckiest win.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
I do not agree with your point. even because the tournament was unbalanced. you say it's to look at google on the new and alolan pokemons, but how will I know which pokemons my opponents have before the battle? I could only see what kind it was the Pokémon when my battle was over.

my suggestions do not make the tournament random
(facepalm). I will repeat again. You knew it is RANDOM. Nearly everything was explained in tournament's thread. If you felt such tournament may be bad, then you shouldn't have participated. We are doing normal tournaments during the year as well, so wait for that.

for players like me who do not know all new and alolan pokemons, have a "training time" to test types and attacks and new types. Example: I fought against a sand castle and I did not know this pokemon. then read about it on google
To test new attacks. Sure. To test new types? Not possible. I guess if there will be any random tournament once again, alola will be already in game, so that won't be necessary.

you say it's to look at google on the new and alolan pokemons, but how will I know which pokemons my opponents have before the battle? I could only see what kind it was the Pokémon when my battle was over.
You neither can see opponent's pokemon before battling in a "normal" tournament so this point is pointless.
first of a lot of players have noticed being in queue, that there are alola pokemons to get, moreover you have got one of them. If you had doubts about their type's effectivnesses, you could check it google or even ask on help channel, I somehow haven't seen such question coming from you. I saw such questions coming from other players.

"It's not like you weren't informed of getting random pokemons. You knew what were mechanics of it, so if you felt it's unfair, you shouldn't have participated. It was done for fun"
if it was to have fun like that, why did they charge 2 diamonds for entry? if it were just for "fun" it should be free. if it is for that thought, just did spend time and 2 diamonds.

I remember when tournaments were made with more organization and seriousness. :) do not be rude in that way, I simply gave my suggestion.
Because that's how much you have to pay for transfer to tournament world and for participating. It won't change :)

I had to put testing pokemons there but I completely forgot (they can put only via map editor cause the place had protection zone). I'll put it for the next time.

huberto

Reaction score
i agree with your point. and I have the feeling that if we could test before, many players who lost as "leonidas, ashtib, and others" could have a better chance, because they are good duelists.

I just think it should be better balanced, so that the best and not the luckiest win.

Ashtib had crap team, probably the worst in whole tournament :D Slowking, Meganium, Nidoking, Hitmontop, Dodrio, Mightyena, Clefable and I believe something fire? But im not sure.

Last edited:

falconflu

Reaction score
Ashtib had crap team, probably the worst in whole tournament :D Slowking, Meganium, Nidoking, Hitmontop, Dodrio, Mightyena, Clefable and I believe something fire? But im not sure.

yes...i win against ashtib, because the team is very crap :D my team is not too good too ^^

Tsotss

Reaction score
From other hand - we know the winners xd?

falconflu

Reaction score
(facepalm). I will repeat again. You knew it is RANDOM. Nearly everything was explained in tournament's thread. If you felt such tournament may be bad, then you shouldn't have participated. We are doing normal tournaments during the year as well, so wait for that.

Raissa, I'm just giving my opinions and suggestions about the tournament, so that they can improve them more and more.

if you do not agree, fine. just need to say that you do not agree. You do not have to be so rude. :)

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
From other hand - we know the winners xd?
1GHPx0P.png

Raissa, I'm just giving my opinions and suggestions about the tournament, so that they can improve them more and more.

if you do not agree, fine. just need to say that you do not agree. You do not have to be so rude. :)
I am not being rude. I am not disrespecting you in any way. I am just answering your comments, because some don't have sense. It's like you being mad for getting random team on a random pokemon tournament. Kind of a non sense. And indeed, I don't agree with your suggestion, which would make random tournament being non random. [besides of letting players test their new spells, my mistake of forgetting about tests ^^]

In normal tournaments we often see the same people on the top and what is mostly deciding about it, as Inko mentioned, is their wallet. They can use clones/shinies which are stronger and have Pokemons with full TMs, which are very expensive.
In a random tournament there is a chance of seeing other people, who aren't this rich in game going to the top and eventually winning it. Deal with that. I am no longer interested in answering your post.

falconflu

Reaction score
Answer: raissa
"I am not being rude. I am not disrespecting you in any way. I am just answering your comments, because some don't have sense. It's like you being mad for getting random "team on a random pokemon tournament. Kind of a non sense. And indeed, I don't agree with your suggestion, which would make random tournament being non random.

In normal tournaments we often see the same people on the top and what is mostly deciding about it, as Inko mentioned, is their wallet. They can use clones/shinies which are stronger and have Pokemons with full TMs, which are very expensive.
In a random tournament there is a chance of seeing other people, who aren't this reach in game going to the top and eventually winning it. Deal with that. I am no longer interested in answering your post. "

I understand your point of thinking that I'm irritated by having random pokemons. But you understood me badly.
my suggestions are to make the random tournament balanced, to enhance the experience of dueling players and tournaments like me.
It's okay if you do not want to answer my post
I just did it to see the opinions of other players who think like me, and also to try to make it better.
I'm not interested in fighting with you, just to give my simple and humble opinion. And as for you to think it was not disrespectful. You subtly answered me a few times in ignorance, without thinking about what I was going to say. I think it's because you think I'm criticizing.
if you read every post and comment of mine again, you will see that I was not ignorant in any moment and only gave my suggestions. have a good :D

A

Albuquerque

I'm in favor of balancing with random pokemons so that players without a lot of "cash" have any chance.

I think the balance in random pokémons always exists or exists, the problem is that people like the "sameness" and keep geting/trying to reach that X or Y Pokémon that saw someone use. That's why in normal tournaments you only see the same Pokémon. I even saw several pokémons that can be good at dueling with some tms even being a junk, for example, Delibird, Stantler, Gyarados, Wigglytuff and many others. And I also saw several duels that were very hot and fun to see, fun to thrill with the victory of a friend advancing on the scoreboard.

I'm happy with this tournament that the winners were not the rebalancers - who already had access to alola pokémons - or even donaters and friends of staff. Yes, donaters/staff friends, I'm pretty sure if they won you were going to say "they have benefits and that's why got the best team". But it was clear that it was luck - Acrobata was so f* lucky to get 3 good pokémon steels and yet he had good opponents who almost defeated him - or you play well regardless of your team being random.

And I think they chose well doing the groups because if I had to duel with Acrobata for example I would have certainly been eliminated in the first duel because he had 3 steels and I was with 2 fairies, 1 ice, 1 poison and 1 steel in my team. And I almost lost in my first duel, my luck was that the last pokémon of my opponent was a dragon pokémon :)

falconflu

Reaction score
I think the balance in random pokémons always exists or exists, the problem is that people like the "sameness" and keep geting/trying to reach that X or Y Pokémon that saw someone use. That's why in normal tournaments you only see the same Pokémon. I even saw several pokémons that can be good at dueling with some tms even being a junk, for example, Delibird, Stantler, Gyarados, Wigglytuff and many others. And I also saw several duels that were very hot and fun to see, fun to thrill with the victory of a friend advancing on the scoreboard.

I'm happy with this tournament that the winners were not the rebalancers - who already had access to alola pokémons - or even donaters and friends of staff. Yes, donaters/staff friends, I'm pretty sure if they won you were going to say "they have benefits and that's why got the best team". But it was clear that it was luck - Acrobata was so f* lucky to get 3 good pokémon steels and yet he had good opponents who almost defeated him - or you play well regardless of your team being random.

And I think they chose well doing the groups because if I had to duel with Acrobata for example I would have certainly been eliminated in the first duel because he had 3 steels and I was with 2 fairies, 1 ice, 1 poison and 1 steel in my team. And I almost lost in my first duel, my luck was that the last pokémon of my opponent was a dragon pokémon :)

you gimme a good point bro... but im not talking about good or sux pokemons. im talking about a balanced types :D imagine ur situation against this guy... "acrobata" you dont have chance, because the team has advantage. i told in my suggestion, i igree to play with random pokemons... is a great idea! But my suggestion is about types and tm's... need balace types to make this tournament... read my suggestions again and think what im talking about. if we got 1 of each type but random pokes, can make a team with our choice :D will keep a random tournament. and about in world out from tournament... im from Diamond world. and i have diferent pokes to duel... like golduck 130 w/33 Chan 130 w/31 clefable 130 w/33 are pokemons you do not see many players using. and i duel against sok sok, and my chan kill crystal onix :) i know... have advantage, but is a cheap poke. so... my point is... balance type of pokemons tournamen and tm's and put trainning area to learn about new pokes and alolan :D

Dark Raze

Reaction score
I think the tournament could've been really great If we could use Pokedex on alolan pokemon's. It's not like everyone know the new pokemon generation, even though you don't have time for using google when dueling but yes for pokedex.

By the way the tournament was great. Probably the best in PAD. Looking forward for more tournament like this.

falconflu

Reaction score
I think the tournament could've been really great If we could use Pokedex on alolan pokemon's. It's not like everyone know the new pokemon generation, even though you don't have time for using google when dueling but yes for pokedex.

By the way the tournament was great. Probably the best in PAD. Looking forward for more tournament like this.

ye i think if can use pokedex can be a better too... but how you will use pokedex, if you cant see pokes from adversary? so... i keep with my suggestion about trainning time before tournament. I like this tournament too.. i like the idea from "random pokemons" :D you can use diferent pokemons in tournament :p

Back