What's new

Welcome!

Meganium

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
Meganium's moveset:
Energy Ball - m1 - level 80 - 25s
Razor Leaf - m2 - level 80 - 15s
Vine Whip - m3 - level 80 - 15s >Petal Dance? Or Bullet seed?
Solar Beam - m4 - level 80 - 15s
Magical Leaf - m5 - level 90 - 30s
Sleep Powder - m6 - level 80 - 30s
Natural Gift - m7 - level 80 - 30s >Body Slam?
Leaf Blade - m8 - level 85 - 35s
Aromatherapy - m9 - level 80 - 40s >Maybe just old good Synthesis?
Leaf Storm - m10 - level 88 - 50s
Flower Shield - Passive

New(?) Meganium's moveset:
Energy Ball - m1 - level 80 - 25s
Razor Leaf - m2 - level 80 - 15s
Vine Whip - m3 - level 80 - 15s >Petal Dance? Or Bullet seed?
Solar Beam - m4 - level 80 - 15s
Magical Leaf - m5 - level 90 - 30s
Sleep Powder - m6 - level 80 - 30s
Natural Gift - m7 - level 80 - 30s >Body Slam?
Leaf Blade - m8 - level 85 - 35s
Aromatherapy - m9 - level 80 - 40s >Maybe just old good Synthesis?
Leaf Storm - m10 - level 88 - 50s
Flower Shield - Passive

Meganium have problem with aoe skills on low lvl.
Do you guys really think, that it is good idea to move his Leaf Blade who know even Bayleef to lvl 85?(there is same problem for some other pokemons like Sceptile)
It is terrible for me, guy who trained his bayleef to evolve him into Meganium WHO IS WORST than this pre-evo on lvl 80.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Meganium has already 3 good aoe moves - Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade and Magical Leaf.
Changing Vine Whip (which removal is just stupid, because meganium as its pre evolutions have vines...) for another powerfull (bullet seed) aoe move is too much <- so this part is rejected.

We would have to think about synthesis.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I believe Meganium's AoE moves are good as they are now. However, switching Aromatherapy for Synthesis seems to be a very good idea!

Also, I understand Kappa Prince's point of view as I own a Meganium (and Sceptile) too. It is a little bit silly that when you evolve Meganium at lvl 80 it cannot use Leaf Blade anymore, when as a Bayleef it could. If you analyse Meganium's moveset, it cannot use any AoE move at lvl 80 (Solar Beam and Vine Whip are decent, but not as good as an AoE move) making it really difficult to lvl up. I am pretty sure people would say "Then, don't evolve Bayleef at lvl 80, better wait until lvl 85" but, as a Player who has trained a couple of pokemons to their level of evolution, once you reach THAT level the only thing you want to do is evolve your pokemon, because It gives you that feeling of accomplishment!.
And even though the use of rare candies is an option, some people would rather not spend money on that.

I think it would be nice if Rebalance Team/PAd Staff can change, as Kappa Prince's suggestion, Leaf Blade to lvl 80 and Aromatherapy (or soon-to-be Synthesis, in case Rebalance team agrees) to lvl 85.

Sceptile has a similar problem, but it can use Grass Knot, which is a small but nice AoE move. Meganium has NONE at lvl 80.

ALSO...
Changing Vine Whip (which removal is just stupid, because meganium as its pre evolutions have vines...) for another powerfull (bullet seed) aoe move is too much <- so this part is rejected..

So... now STAFF is being congruent with Pokemon's physiology? I mean... Yes! It makes perfect sense that Meganium must keep Vine Whip in its moveset, since it and its pre-evolutions have vines... like Raissa said.

But when it comes about Kingdra, you cannot see that it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE that Kingdra has Octazooka in its moveset?! (According to bulbapedia)
I made a post about it and when Zelricks posted: "and we dont see a reason of changing octazooka to brine (which is already a tm) just because you cannot hit everything around properly" and then closed the Thread... he didn't let me defend my suggestion.

First of all, it was Hydropump, not Brine, the move I suggested to change. Secondly, the reason of the suggestion wasn't just because I cannot hit everything around properly, it was about making Kingdra's moveset more similar to Anime/Games AND ALSO to make Kingdra a better Pokemon, like I clearly explained in my post (even with Bulbapedia information).

http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?39910-Kingdra&p=356902&viewfull=1#post356902

Sorry this is a bit off-topic but I felt I had to address this issue.

Last edited:

Elias Walker

Reaction score
About meganium

Replace Earthquake for Petal Dance and add Earthquake to TM learnlist

Learnlist.png

tm_elarnlist.png

Back