m4- Aromatic Mist (20 sec)
m5- Gear Up (15 sec)
m6- Seismis Toss (30 sec)
m7- Foul Play (30 sec)
m8- Endure (50 sec)
m9- Shift Gear (45 sec)
m10- Fairy Wind (50 sec)

Proposed moveset 1:

m1- Fairy Dreams (30 sec) m1- Moon Blast (25 sec)
m2- Play Rough (15 sec)
m3- Gear Grind (15 sec)
m5- Gear Up (15 sec)
m7- Foul Play (30 sec) m7- Fairy Lock (35 sec)
m8- Endure (50 sec)
m9- Shift Gear (45 sec)
m10- Fairy Wind (50 sec) (Due to the loss in aoe skills and damage, i propose to increase damage by 100-150 of this skill)

Proposed moveset 2:

m1- Fairy Dreams (30 sec)
m2- Play Rough (15 sec)
m3- Gear Grind (15 sec)
m5- Gear Up (15 sec)
m7- Foul Play (30 sec) m7- Sparkling Tornado (45 sec, fairy type water tornado)
m8- Endure (50 sec)
m9- Shift Gear (45 sec)
m10- Fairy Wind (50 sec)

Reasoning: Honestly, Foul Play is unnecessary on this pokemon. It doesnt counter any of its weaknesses, and its more like a downgrade from normal and shiny forms of Mawile. Therefore, I tried to emphasize the fairy type by adding either fairy lock or a new skill called sparkling tornado, and nerfing its other skills to keep it balanced. It relatively lacked fairy aoe compared to other pokemon even with tm's, so i think its justified.

Ashtib

Reaction score
Current moveset:

Proposed moveset 1:

m1- Fairy Dreams (30 sec) m1- Moon Blast (25 sec)
m2- Play Rough (15 sec)
m3- Gear Grind (15 sec)
m5- Gear Up (15 sec)
m7- Foul Play (30 sec) m7- Fairy Lock (35 sec)
m8- Endure (50 sec)
m9- Shift Gear (45 sec)
m10- Fairy Wind (50 sec) (Due to the loss in aoe skills and damage, i propose to increase damage by 100-150 of this skill)

Proposed moveset 2:

m1- Fairy Dreams (30 sec)
m2- Play Rough (15 sec)
m3- Gear Grind (15 sec)
m5- Gear Up (15 sec)
m7- Foul Play (30 sec) m7- Sparkling Tornado (45 sec, fairy type water tornado)
m8- Endure (50 sec)
m9- Shift Gear (45 sec)
m10- Fairy Wind (50 sec)

Reasoning: Honestly, Foul Play is unnecessary on this pokemon. It doesnt counter any of its weaknesses, and its more like a downgrade from normal and shiny forms of Mawile. Therefore, I tried to emphasize the fairy type by adding either fairy lock or a new skill called sparkling tornado, and nerfing its other skills to keep it balanced. It relatively lacked fairy aoe compared to other pokemon even with tm's, so i think its justified.

Hi Meti, I see unnecesary the changes what you propose. First of all you dont explain any reason to make this changes, at my points of view Mega Mawile is perfect like she is and have enough strong fairy moves to make her "MORE FAIRY" like you want and his main type is steel not fairy but isnt the point. Maybe foul play is unnecessary FOR YOU, but we cannot satisfy all the needs of the players. Check mawile in bulbapedia and you will know why she has dark moves.

Thanks.

Metin

Reaction score
Hi Meti, I see unnecesary the changes what you propose. First of all you dont explain any reason to make this changes, at my points of view Mega Mawile is perfect like she is and have enough strong fairy moves to make her "MORE FAIRY" like you want and his main type is steel not fairy but isnt the point. Maybe foul play is unnecessary FOR YOU, but we cannot satisfy all the needs of the players. Check mawile in bulbapedia and you will know why she has dark moves.

Thanks.

It's Metin

I see unnecesary the changes what you propose

I respect your opinion

First of all you dont explain any reason to make this changes

Surely I did provide many reasons, doubt if you ever read the post

at my points of view Mega Mawile is perfect

Again, I respect your opinion

have enough strong fairy moves to make her "MORE FAIRY" like you want and his main type is steel not fairy

"stronk fairy type moves" = Fairy wind and fairy dreams? lmao. The shiny form has Fairy Stardust (as passive), Fairy Dreams, Misty Terrain and Fairy Wind WITHOUT tm's because the dark type aoe doesnt occupy a slot there.

but isnt the point.
Why say it then?

Maybe foul play is unnecessary FOR YOU, but we cannot satisfy all the needs of the players

I doubt the amout of people having Mega Mawile exceeds like 0.1% of the playerbase, and I was just suggesting stuff, not demanding it. No need to get unnecessarily aggresive. Also this can be applied to any of the suggestions here, kanto, johto, hoenn, any. Should we just close the rebalance section altogether?

Check mawile in bulbapedia and you will know why she has dark moves.

I know the pokemon well. My point was the normal and shiny versions of this pokemon are superior in contrast to mega form in terms of aoe damage because of the simple fact of Foul Play being included in its moveset without contributing meaningfully to the pokemon. If it was something like Crunch, then of course I wouldnt have a problem with it.

Also, it's kinda funny you accuse me of not providing any reason while doing it yourself. Are you implying my suggestion should be invalid just because "but muh we cannot satisfy all the needs of the players"? Welp. Pack it up boys, rebalance section is no more.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Plz fix finally Ability Urge loot from Mega mawile ;/

Tsotss

Reaction score
As I see its another suggestion where people would like to put pulling move to pokemon which works on everything on visible area.

Mawile normal form has 2x strong AoE fairy moves and one fairy passive + you can put 2 more fairy moves by TMs, so you will have fully fairy, if you prefer this one type. Mega Mawile gets something what normal or shiny has missed, I mean 1 strong steel move, what's is fair after mega evolving. For me Megas are rather for duel side than for exp side. Of course there are some Megas which are better for exp, but in Mega Mawile case, evolving into Mega form I suppose its just for giving it boost in its steel side.

Moreover Dazzling Gleam move works similar to Water Tornado, just doesn't pull all pokemons. I will repeat myself - don't make every pokemon now with pulling move. There are plenty of others good ones, even without this possibility and so. If you want to pull pokemons from visible area, just use another simple, cheap pokemon like Octilerry (in case you don't exp on ghost type).

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Imo Mega Mawile is fine now, dont forget that its mega evolution of Mawile is more pvp based, maybe it looses some dmg in fairy side that helps her to be great in pve, but Mega Mawile with its moveset is really better in pvp than its normal form and not all the pokes that are fine in pvp , should be good in pve aswell.

Also, I would like to emphazise that Foul play is rlly good for it in pvp, for instance, this move can help it against delphox or palossand that are its counter.

I would suggest just adding fairy stardust as passive cuz I see a little injust that its other forms have it and the Mega not. Assurance was added to Mega Absol as its normal form, so why not adding fairy stardust for Mega Mawile ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back