What's new

Welcome!

Effort Value - Boost your Pokémon strength!

Justified

Reaction score
Effort Value - Boost your Pokémon strength!

Effort Values​

630x.jpg

Effort values are points (gained by effort through battle) that a Pokémon gain when defeat an wild Pokémon and that will generate bonuses to the user's Pokémon when increasing level. Effort values ensure that trained Pokémon are stronger than wild Pokémon, even those of the same level.

My suggestion is to create Effort Values (EVs) on PAdventures and it could work this way:

When your Pokémon gets 1 LEVEL he will gain 1 Effort Value. Those Effort Values Points (i will be calling EV now) could be shown in your Pokéball, like this:

10:48 You see a pokeball. Charmander [20][M][+1] It belongs to Justified.
Those stats won't appear on the Pokémon screen, to see how many effort points each Pokémon got you must check your Pokéball.

So, each time your Pokemon get 'leveled up', it will get +1 EV. Levels gained on Daycare would not generate any (0, zero, NO) EVS. Optional: Rare Candies may or may not generate EVs.

A. Bonuses: Each EV point will generate some kind of bonus and i will suggest some now (Any value said from now is just an example): Each EV point (+1) will generate + 0.2% boost in a Pokémon's HP and each attack/move's DAMAGE.

B. EV's Max Limit: Each Pokémon can only be trained (get Effort Values) to the max of 75 EV points. That being said, it doesn't matter if you start to train at level 1 or later, after you reach 75 Effort Value points, you can't get any stronger.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vitamins​

Dream_Protein_Sprite.png

Vitamins are items that will give 1 Effort Value point (+1 EV) for use. It will be an one time use only item (1x). It would work similarly to Rare Candy, but increasing EV instead of Level.

A. Vitamins diversity: It could exist different kinds of vitamins: Protein, Iron, Calcium, Zinc and Carbos. Each one giving differente amount of Effort Value Points, for example: Protein +1 EV, Iron +2 EV, Calcium +3 EV, Zinc +4 EV and Carbos +5 EV.

B. Vitamins max limit: Each Pokémon could only gain 35 EV points (or maybe 50) max by Vitamins. After that, Vitamins would not work anymore.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Macho Brace​

Dream_Macho_Brace_Sprite.png

Macho Brace is an item that Pokémon uses to max out its training when battling. It's like an really heavy bracelet that allows a Pokémon to get better results when leveling up.

In PAdventures, Macho Brace would allow Pokémon level 130 to gain Effort Value Points without getting to actually level up (Because it can't). Macho Brace would allow a Pokémon to get +1 EV (or +2EV, maybe more... idk yet) for a amount of EXP instead of level. This would allow to any Pokémon level 130 to train Effort Values.

Macho Brace is an permanent item, don't have any charges. To allow everyone to train, it could be a reward for a not so hard quest from level 100.

-----

EDIT: OPTIONAL: You could choose to Train HP or DAMAGE. Not both... Idk, just some thoughts xP

Last edited:

Justified

Reaction score
Not sure if it's suggestion or w/e. But totally... disagree, we already have tms, 2 kinds of special pokes, that's unnecessary imo.

Thx for your opinion xD

I saw it working in other games. I'm just trying to estimulate levling up Pokémon and trying to let it more like original Pokémon series.

Dark Raze

Reaction score
I Agree with this, PA needs something that makes your pokemon special, plus PvP now is kinda boring nothing special
also it will promote duelers to level up/train EV's not stay all the whole day on pvp
so if you want "the best team" you should go for it and train

If they made this i would suggest to make a quest for Macho Brace and posibility to make Vitamins from workshop

Abble

Reaction score
Basically it would boost the pokémon strengh by leveling up, but just by leveling up you're already boosting it's strengh, so it would be easier to just break the maximum lvl from each pokemon to 140 or even 150. Making it unable to lvl up more then 130 since years is the reason that makes us not want to lvl up;

Joww

Banned user
Reaction score
Awesome Idea.

There could be a quest to make Iron, Zinc, etc...

For instance, you gather 100 steel orb and 10 iron plate, and make Iron.

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
there were some similar suggestions from CM tiago and ex rebalancer Macarno about this, they all were denied by most of players and own staff. I think the game is fine how it is, this would make it abit diferent and also would affect the rebalance done in many pokemons.

Justified

Reaction score
there were some similar suggestions from CM tiago and ex rebalancer Macarno about this, they all were denied by most of players and own staff. I think the game is fine how it is, this would make it abit diferent and also would affect the rebalance done in many pokemons.

Really? I'm sad to hear that. So many good systems we could take from the original series and ppl will never accept some changes and, cuzz' that, we will be stuck with the same thing over and over...

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
probably something like a new ability for our pokemons or new spells like shiny pokemons would be awesome :p

Tsotss

Reaction score
It could be good when game started, but now.. I don't think so. It would be change whole game. Idea is good, but not for now for me.

Joww

Banned user
Reaction score
Pherhaps an idea well build.

Let's make a project to make it work.

The idea is good, the thing is how to apply it

Back