What's new

Welcome!

Bisharp (weakness)

Mirajane

Reaction score
I want to talk about the weakness of bisharp. He has a 2x weakness to fire and ground and a 4x weakness to fighting types (due to steal and dark typing. I saw an inconsistence in the amount of damage he receives from fighting type moves. Example: Snorlax is 2x weak to fight and took damage of 2200~ from mega kick of a C Primape. Bisharp in the other hand only received 2900~ damage from the same move and poke. If you make the calculation bisharp has a weakness of 2.6~ to fighting type moves. And if you add the chance that you try to harm him when he has (quick guard) active it deals even less. As a final statement I believe that do to Bisharps Hp and already being weak x4 to fight, his weakness in the game should be x3 not a 2.6. This will still allow him to be usable but at the same time make you cautious of when to use him.

P.s I already know he losses to fighting types, but doesn't allow hybrid pokes like breloom or medicham to beat it. Or even to deal enough damage when having a poke with Brick Break.

Tell me what you guys think in the comments? After all this is my opinion and I would like to hear yours.

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
Are you aware of that double weakness actually is 2.5x dmg dealt to the Pokemon with it in PA since it came out? Balance reasons.

(and dude, it's been over 6 years like that...)

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
And that has to stay like this. 4x or 3x weakness to specific elements would be just too high taking in account hp of pokes and their dmg.
Average hp of pokes is probably 22k hp, strong spells deal usually 3k dmg, with 4x weakness you would just need to use 2 spells to kill a pokemon, now imagine using rain dance-like spells... 3x would give similar results, just more spells to use.

To change it, we would need to decrease dmg or increase pokemons hp. Either way it would be bad for exp and would make duels last too long.

Back