What's new

Welcome!

Alola Update - Melemele Island

demzpacito

Reaction score
I suppose ultra wormhole will work like cloned Island, right? If so, how long will key last?

And will be alolan dex be working when melemele be implemented?

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
I suppose ultra wormhole will work like cloned Island, right? If so, how long will key last?

And will be alolan dex be working when melemele be implemented?

Yes, it will work like Cloned Island and the key will last 48 hours.
Alolan dex is working all the time :) The trick is, that you need to catch pokemon in order to save its data to pokedex.

huberto

Reaction score
Yes, it will work like Cloned Island and the key will last 48 hours.
Alolan dex is working all the time :) The trick is, that you need to catch pokemon in order to save its data to pokedex.

How about regional forms? Because I still can't use alolan pokedex on Alolan Sandslash and I have it in catch.

demzpacito

Reaction score
Thanks for all answers, Raissa.

Just 2 last ones:

- I have the key and Im planning to go there before everyone else manages to get one to avoid competition. Will I be able to go there as soon as Melemele gets implemented? Or will it still take some time?

- When you say we will be only able to dex them by catching them, does it mean to check Pokédex or to record their data? I mean, will we be able to at least check its dex (but not record it) by just using dex on it or only after catching it?

Tsotss

Reaction score
Free Kanto/Johto/Hoenn respawns <3

Really great news!

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score

Just 2 last ones:

- I have the key and Im planning to go there before everyone else manages to get one to avoid competition. Will I be able to go there as soon as Melemele gets implemented? Or will it still take some time?

- When you say we will be only able to dex them by catching them, does it mean to check Pokédex or to record their data? I mean, will we be able to at least check its dex (but not record it) by just using dex on it or only after catching it?

1. 99,99% yes
2. You can still scan alolan pokemon, but its data will not be saved until you catch it. Moreover you won't be able to catch a pokemon, if you earlier didn't catch its pre evolution(s).

rey maligno

Reaction score

Just 2 last ones:

How can a key be obtained before such a thing comes out, since it can not be obtained in the search or in the donation?

Spark

Reaction score
Hey hope you don't mind me asking some questions and sorry if I might get rude.

1. Will all the pokemons from this island be available on release?? (https://uk.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-sun-pokemon-moon/Melemele_Island_Pokedex)

2.Will there be any Kanto pokemons there in Alolan form/version??

3.And I hope I misunderstood you when you said this; "Moreover you won't be able to catch a pokemon, if you earlier didn't catch its pre evolution(s)."
Are you actually serious?? Do you mean if I want to catch "Decidueye" I will first have to catch "Rowlet" then "Datrix" o.0????

And if so, why the HELL did anyone even think of it being a remotely good idea???? Never happened when Johto or Hoenn was introduced why think it's a good idea now??
Did you just run out of ideas and think it would be a good idea to shake things up by annoying more players than you already do???

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
How can a key be obtained before such a thing comes out, since it can not be obtained in the search or in the donation?

there were many given on past events before alola was release, i.e.:

Rewards:
- Everyone who will advance from the group will receive Team Skull Outfit*
- 1st place: Pikachu Cosplay, Key to the Ultra Wormhole, Entei Locker, TM Case 12
- 2nd place: Elemental Box/ Box4**, Key to the Ultra Wormhole, Raikou locker, TM Case 13
- 3rd place: Key to the Ultra Wormhole, Suicune Locker, TM Case 14.

- http://www.padventures.org/index.php/p/v/lottery (Lottery #21)

- mini events in game

so yeah, there are a few of them already in game

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Moreover you won't be able to catch a pokemon, if you earlier didn't catch its pre evolution(s).

I wish PAdventures all the best and hope this update will bring lots of retired players.

Though it won't bring me back.

huberto

Reaction score
I hope there is catch system improvement coming together with Alola, or pokemons in alola have relatively easy catch rates compared to other regions (what I can hardly believe). Otherwise I think that most of main content (pokemons) will be accessible for many of player only by trade considering how low amount of players is dedicated to catch everything. Hunting places may suffer to this as well since place loses a lot of interest if you can't catch anything there. This catch them all! way of getting stuff sound nice and challenging for sure but not with curret way of catching and I'm just afraid that you will see more people complaining (it already started, even before people see what's coming in lol) about this system(s) and not actually happy with new region and it's not something you would like to see after all your time and work spent on providing this update for us. I'm not trying to complain or create dark prophecy, it's more of a question/doubt cause I have a mixed feeling of curiosity and fears.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope there is catch system improvement coming together with Alola, or pokemons in alola have relatively easy catch rates compared to other regions (what I can hardly believe). Otherwise I think that most of main content (pokemons) will be accessible for many of player only by trade considering how low amount of players is dedicated to catch everything.
What's the big thing to level up pre evolution and just evolve it? Most of pokemons there don't require any item to evolve.

Back