What's new

Welcome!

There's a war going on in my city 0.o'

Sammy-ROCK!

Reaction score
Because of the FIFA World Cup and the Olympic games going to be hosted in Rio de Janeiro in 2014 and 2016 the government decided to increase from 12 controlled favelas to 40 until 2014. Today, november 25th, the police is taking over a big favela where drug dealers are hidding. They are using war tanks and the drug dealers are running away. I live near the Guanabara Palace, where our governator lives, and there are around 4 cops with rifles on each city block around. I'm watching the whole thing on the TV right now.

Alba

Honorary Members
Reaction score
Yeah saw it on the tv aswell

FlameD

Reaction score
I think I saw that on the news earlier today.... do you live in Rio de Janeiro?

Sammy-ROCK!

Reaction score
Yes 0.o'
One of the buses I take to go and come back from where I study was burned around 8PM yesterday. I heard that some people in those buses couldn't get out and the media isn't telling it so the population doesn't panic.

Budyn

Reaction score
Sammy-ROCK! said:
Yes 0.o'
One of the buses I take to go and come back from where I study was burned around 8PM yesterday. I heard that some people in those buses couldn't get out and the media isn't telling it so the population doesn't panic.

wtf :eek: better stay at home...

Sammy-ROCK!

Reaction score
Budyn said:
Sammy-ROCK! said:
Yes 0.o'

wtf :eek: better stay at home...

It's over now. They found 20 tons of cocain in a single house. :eek:

Budyn

Reaction score
O.O
Imagine that you were living so close to drug dealers ... scary int it? xd

Kashi

Reaction score
Honestly that would happen sooner or later..

Rio was/is being controlled by the dealers and guys who live in favela.. >_>

Glad I live in São Paulo, just watching on my TV that civil war with tanks and other militar stuff.. :?

Sammy-ROCK!

Reaction score
Kashi said:

Glad I live in São Paulo, just watching on my TV that civil war with tanks and other militar stuff.. :?

Honestly I though there would be a higher resistence. But police officers did their homework and I'm glad to say that no cop died in the confront. The only thing that embarass me to be brazilian right now is that some houses were burgled by cops while the owner was watching.

Kashi

Reaction score
Sammy-ROCK! said:
Kashi said:

Honestly I though there would be a higher resistence. But police officers did their homework and I'm glad to say that no cop died in the confront. The only thing that embarass me to be brazilian right now is that some houses were burgled by cops while the owner was watching.

Yeah, this time BOPE and the police are really doing a nice job, I can't argue bout it.

Well, nothing is perfect, isn't it? At least they got some dealers and bad guys over there. :lol:

Back