What's new

Welcome!

Reply Poll: Where are you from?

Krobelus

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, I have more than 30 posts now.

However it's up to you whether or not to accept my vote. I could care either way.

Budyn

Reaction score
xegearz said:
-Budyn (posted with 20 posts and today he posted over 20 posts in less than a few hours)

Well, I'm sure I didn't just spam 20 posts so my vote could get counted cause I don't give a damn.
Yeah, my bad for not reading the rules.

xegearz said:
I recommend any developer to do an ip routing on the last 3, Budyn first had the same ip that Syrus had then it was different. The last 3 accounts were made in the last few days.

It's kind of impossible I guess since I live in UK and Syrus lives in Poland I think?

jowwwww

Reaction score
I live in the USA but I'm from :

Brazil, America.

xegearz said:
-Reply with your country and continent. Example: Mexico, Latin America.

Latin America is not a continent, the continent is America.

xegearz

Reaction score
jowwwww said:
I live in the USA but I'm from :

Brazil, America.

xegearz said:
-Reply with your country and continent. Example: Mexico, Latin America.

Latin America is not a continent, the continent is America.

Yeah i know but i wanted people to be more specific since distances are way apart in some cases.

Counting soon, i will be replying with the results and analysis.

Ludacha

Reaction score
Sorry but i am new on this forum i think i made account like 15-20 days before.
Idk what i need to do on this topic i just said were i live that is all and i never read all what is written on some topic ^^ now i dont know why i wrote this xD

xegearz

Reaction score
Voting session is CLOSED!

-----------------
Results & Analysis: Where are you from?

The sample consists of people who had more than 30 posts. In statistics a sample is a portion that represents the whole population in an accurate way.

I decided to divide this votes in 2 main parts, America including the caribbean and the other main part is Europe, including Asia and all continents near Europe. The purpose of this investigation is to do a field test to see where most of the PA players population is located at. They are grouped in two main parts since the distance between this 2 parts is significant bigger compared the distance between each country in America.

I will remind you what ping/latency is and how it works. Latency is the time that it takes a packet (probably a byte or package of information) to go to the server and come back to your computer. Latency is what determines if you have lag or not. Latency is affected by your ISP performance and the distance from your home to the game server or destination. When the distance is too big no matter how good is your ISP you will probably have minor lag even if it is not noticeable. Lag can be the difference of living or dying, on looting or get thieved or on getting a target or not, even is the lag is minimal. (Any error feel free to correct them all this information is from my knowledge.)

Results:
America: 12 - 63%
Europe/Others: 7 - 37%
Total: 19 votes

Roth's (Thor) vote is included in Europe since he confirmed his identity over msn, even thought he is part of the banned population and may be considered unfair to another person who is banned and wanted to vote for America.

Discarded votes that i thought their accounts were legit but because of the voting requirements they were not added. Those votes were from America (Krobelus, Spanish mazapan, Kirubin and Boy Killer) and from Europe (Tornado, Ludacha and Budyn). If they were added is 4 vs 3.

About reincarnation, i know who it is because he told me himself. He is one of the persons who voted for Europe and only one of his votes was counted.

Results:
America with 63% and Europe 37%. That means if there are 100 players online, around 63 of them will be from America and around 37 from Europe. If 1k players are online, around 630 of them will be from America and 370 will be from Europe.

Simple statistics...

Back