What's new

Welcome!

Porygon-Z

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
PB2DcKK.png

Hello, this is a comparison of Porygon-Z and Porygon2's movesets.

I think that if Porygon-Z is a last form, he loses much of his utility at the expense of two big aoe attacks. I know that there's a possibility of Reflect being given to him, but Porygon2 can learn that TM too. Overall his moveset wouldn't be that bad if supersonic would be traded for Magic Coat or if at least he would keep the same moveset of Pory2, just his stats being changed?
Or maybe just Trick Room for Psyfusion? Anything. Just make him better than Pory2, because second form shouldn't be better than last form in my opinion... :s

Reason why I would change Super Sonic for Magic Coat?
Well, Super Sonic is a normal type, single target non-damaging move. That means it doesn't work on ghosts and it is pretty useless on big crowds of Pokemon, which on high level appear very frequently. Why would Porygon2 be able to mitigate the damage thrice by Confusion, Reflect and Magic Coat and his bigger form wouldn't be able to?

Last edited:

KaCtoos

Reaction score
Well, I get your point since I heard many complains that "Porygon-Z is actually worse then Porygon 2". Haven't ever used any of them, so can't really tell if it true,
but if so many people saying that it is, then propably something is not working properly.

Still, I disagree with idea about adding to the Porygon-Z's moveset an Magic Coat, cus of the 2 reasons:

1. st One: Porygon-Z can learn Reflect. Of course, Porygon 2 can learn it too, but it's only because it is not final form. Some time ago Porygon-Z was an popular pick for
    duels, and wasn't bad at it, so imagine what will happened if the final form could now have 2 Protection moves (Magic Coat from moveset, Reflect from learnset).
    You could say, that we can then remove Reflect from it's learnset, yea, that wouldn't be bad idea, but the problem is that most of Porygons-Z existing in game have already learn Reflect,
    so it is impossible to let them all now recover this TM.
  2. nd One: As far as I remember, someone once told that it is connected with the original games. Porygon-Z was the final form of Porygon, that was loosing an great Defensive stats of Porygon 2 in order to get
    an high special attack. Then I can agree that Porygon-Z should be more powerful with it's moveset, but should have much less survivabality, since there isn't any other stats in our game then HP or DMG yet.
Still, I can agree with statement, that just by looking on movesets (since as I mentioned never played with those Pokemon), Porygon-Z doesnt seem to be more powerful with it's attacking moves then Porygon 2,
and it shouldn't be like that. An Idea with changing Psyfusion for Trick Room doesn't look bad, but I guess that it wouldn't solve the problem properly. In my opinion about changing it would be better to think about
how to improve it's attacking side instead of his survivability.

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score

1. st One: Porygon-Z can learn Reflect. Of course, Porygon 2 can learn it too, but it's only because it is not final form. Some time ago Porygon-Z was an popular pick for
    duels, and wasn't bad at it, so imagine what will happened if the final form could now have 2 Protection moves (Magic Coat from moveset, Reflect from learnset).
    You could say, that we can then remove Reflect from it's learnset, yea, that wouldn't be bad idea, but the problem is that most of Porygons-Z existing in game have already learn Reflect,
    so it is impossible to let them all now recover this TM.
  2. nd One: As far as I remember, someone once told that it is connected with the original games. Porygon-Z was the final form of Porygon, that was loosing an great Defensive stats of Porygon 2 in order to get
    an high special attack. Then I can agree that Porygon-Z should be more powerful with it's moveset, but should have much less survivabality, since there isn't any other stats in our game then HP or DMG yet.
Still, I can agree with statement, that just by looking on movesets (since as I mentioned never played with those Pokemon), Porygon-Z doesnt seem to be more powerful with it's attacking moves then Porygon 2,
and it shouldn't be like that. An Idea with changing Psyfusion for Trick Room doesn't look bad, but I guess that it wouldn't solve the problem properly. In my opinion about changing it would be better to think about
how to improve it's attacking side instead of his survivability.

I'm up for any suggestions and glad that you've responded.

I don't think removing reflect from his TM learnset would fix anything either. Bah, that would enrage Porygon users even more.

About the offensive stats being a replacement for his defensiveness - not bad. In terms of PA though, his current moveset doesn't make him offensive at all, that's why I put a post with Pory-Z here, with my suggestion to improve his defensiveness or anything, just so it's worth evolving him from Pory2 to Pory-Z.
For now all Pory-Z has are some normal type attacks, which are not worth the dubious disc madness (really, normal type is just meh, I'd prefer at least signal beam to stay) and the two psychic aoes I mentioned in the first post.

Hope someone from the rebalance team responds :p

huberto

Reaction score
Porygon 2 lost his double protection together with Blastoise and Foretress, not sure if Pory-Z was already in game. Since almost everyone had Porygon 2 (and most of them didn't put Reflect) there was one hell of a complaint about this change and rebalance team decided to give him Magic Coat back. Maybe now, when Porygon 2 is not that popular anymore, it can be rebalanced again.

Back