What's new

Welcome!

No more level up

xUlquiorrAx

Reaction score
Juego PA desde los inicios y siempre me pareció que el nivel del jugador no servia para nada mas que limitar los pokemon que podías usar. Es por eso que una vez llegue a nivel 120 mi interés por subir de nivel desapareció por completo ya que podía usar cualquier pokemon que quisiera. Cuando apareció el quest del TM33 volví a subir de nivel, mas que nada por avaricia. Fue MUY aburrido. Ahora, sigo en nivel 130. Incluso ahora que existen quest para nivel mas alto no me motiva a subir, no se siente como si hubiera una verdadera recompensa, ni tampoco es que sea muy divertido.

Mi propuesta es limitar el nivel a 130~150, una vez lo consigas podrás hacer una quest para convertirte en maestro pokemon (aun no pienso como seria). Una vez completada volverías a ser nivel 1 (Algo asi como los reset de Ragnarok), pero esta vez como maestro pokemon. De aquí en adelante cada que vez que completes la barra de experiencia recibirás un punto de maestría que podrás gastar en una tienda especial para conseguir objetos especiales o accesos a los mejores respawn. (La idea es que la experiencia necesaria para cada nivel sea menor a la actual, de este modo sentirás que realmente progresas en el juego aunque solo estés consiguiendo puntos).

Supongamos ahora que quieres ir al quest de brick break (nivel necesario 205). Para poder entrar tendrías que "comprar" el acceso con 100 puntos de maestría. Por otro lado, si no estas interesado en ir a quest o mejores respawn, podrias gastar tus puntos de maestría en pokebolas o item decorativos exclusivos, hay muchas opciones. La idea es no pasar dias sin ver progreso alguno en tu barra de experiencia y poder sentir que de verdad vale la pena lo que estas haciendo. Creo que esto revitalizaría mucho a PA.

----------------------------------------

I play PA from the beginning and it always seemed to me that the level of the player did not serve for anything more than limiting the pokemon that you could use. That's why once I reached level 120 my interest in leveling up disappeared completely since I could use any pokemon I wanted. When the quest of the TM33 appeared I went back to level up, just for greed. But It was REALLY boring. Now, I'm still at level 130. Even now that there's a quest for a higher level, it does not motivate me to go level up, it does not feel like there's a real reward, nor is it really fun. I lost my days on PA just afk-catching.

My proposal is to limit the level to 130 ~ 150, once you get it you can make a quest to become a pokemon master (I still do not think how it would be). Once completed it you would be level 1 again (something like the Ragnarok reset), but this time as a pokemon master. From now on, every time you complete the experience bar you will receive a mastery point that you can spend in a special store to get special items or access to the best respawn. (The idea is that the necessary experience for each level is less than the current one, in this way you will feel that you really progress in the game even if you are only getting points).

Let's suppose that you want to go to the brick break quest (required level 205). To enter you would have to "buy" the access with 100 mastery points. On the other hand, if you are not interested in going to quest or better respawn, you could spend your mastery points in pokeballs or exclusive decoration items, there are many options. The idea is not to spend days without seeing any progress in your experience bar and to feel that it is really worth what you are doing. I think this would revitalize PA a lot.

xUlquiorrAx

Reaction score
People who are already 150+ could get their additional exp on mastery points. Just need to make a table to compare exp before this change and exp after this. By the way, higher level player already did most of good quest so they dont need to pay for them and can spend their mastery points in valuable items or even get access to better respawns for free. There's always a way to make all people happy :)

EDIT:

Let's put an example: Selasor is level 356 so he have 726.932.900 exp points, a level 150 player have 54.042.300 exp points. So Selasor have 672.890.600 more exp than a level 150, if every mastery point cost 1kk each he would get 673~ mastery points, if every mastery point cost 500k he would get 1346 points. So there is no way that a player that already is 150+ would lose anything.

My idea behind this is to make quick goal for lazy and new player without hurt all those PA lovers

Last edited:

Shax

Reaction score
I find totally useless send ppl to lvl 1 again, is a totally shame for me working for lvl to get back to the first one.

You're not getting it right, you are thinking about this idea in de concept of the current level system. In this proposed system it wouldn't be a step back to start over in level 1, it is a goal.

I think that is a very good idea to rethink the whole player leveling system, and the xUlquiorrAx system introduces the concept of "quick goals for lazy ppl" that i think this game is lacking of. In my opinion, this game got full of "tryharders" and it is almost imposible to bring new friends to the game who are not used to the Tibia interface, which, in addittion, do not get expected rewards in the short time.

You may say that "the game would not be the same if it was easy", and you are absolutely right. But for those who aren't try-harders and do not want to spend the whole weekend in a cave of grass pokemon (a.k.a. "have a life"), the game is meaningless. Are you really worried to have a large bunch of newbies-on-level-100, while you'll have your own reward system after the "reset" to level 1?

I have been playing PAdventures since the very beginning, I have played with 3 or 4 different accounts with several characters and friends over more than 7 years, and the first 80-100 levels are by far the most rewarding and "attention grabbing". But then it becomes dull and sort of "meaningless".

Shax

Reaction score
Great idea. Rethink leveling/"reward" system.

I think it's a great idea, which has to be improved (Thumbs up!). I would like to make my contributions.

1. It would be essential to "avoid" the pokemon-player level limit once you have reached the status of "Pokemon Master" (Reset/Start over/whatever), so you may still use your "old" Pokemon.

2. Think of the possibility of several "resets", each of one would give you a different "rank/title", with different/new permissions and privileges.

3. Experience needed to level up once reached for each reset has to be higher, in order to mantain the difficulty of higher levels/resets. For example, it would be reasonable that Selasor had 4 or 5 resets and the corresponding "rank/title", assuming that the exp needed to reach level 120 is harder through those several resets, but it would be absurd that he had 26 resets (because he has 26 times the experience needed for level 120).

Possible features:

- Access to exclusive rank/title areas
- Display rank/title on look "You see yourself. You are a trainer."; "You see Selasor (Level 75). He is a Pokemon Master from Olivine." (Example only)
- Be able to wear exclusive outfits/addons and/or special glows/animations.
- Special animations/colors by rank on certain outfit/addons.
- Special animations/colors by rank on actions such as different sounds/colors when throwing pokeballs, catching and releasing your pokemon.
- Different font colors by rank on Help/Advertise/Spanish/English chats.

If you are open minded on this topic, you may notice that it's not a major change in gameplay, but a major update in time spent v/s "reward", introducing short term rewards for low levels and new players, and mantaining high reward for try-harders and striving players.

Back