What's new

Welcome!

ERROR: protected lua call failed: LUA ERROR:

Peter E

Reaction score
Hello Everyone :)

I have playing PA on linux for about 10 years, using wine.
Recently I get this error and I can't log in:

MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete
GPU Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 2500 (IVB GT1)
OpenGL 4.2 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.2
Client GLEW
Padventures Client 1.0 rev 0 (devel) started at Mar 20 2024 14:02:41

Exiting application..

Do you have any advice?

Thank you

Reaction score
have you tried to make a cleaning up deleting all pad folders and re-downloading that?

Apparently, the pad client has some errors with plug-ins or operating system extensions. In the case of Windows, this problem happened with the Microsoft Visual Studio (C++) family. Also try to check only updated installation of essential drivers without such extra add-ons.

On windows few players had a problem kind of differently, instead of a LUA error, it was smth correlated to dll. problem (due this visual studio).
But with Linux, i have no idea what might be done, besides what i've said above.

good luck.

Last edited:

maurito

Reaction score
Make sure your wine version and graphics drivers are up to date. I've had issues with wine before (not necessarily with Padventures, but other applications). Sometimes wine prefixes become corrupted or misconfigured, updating wine makes it possible for configurations to change that is necessary for certain applications to work. You could try creating a new wine prefix and reinstall padventures.

If none of this works, then you could try download a Windows Virtual Machine to see if Padventures work on the virtual machine. If it works on the virtual machine then it's most likely something wrong with the linux environment (dependencies, incorrect settings, etc.) otherwise it's something wrong with your wine.

Good luck Dittostrong

Peter E

Reaction score
Make sure your wine version and graphics drivers are up to date. I've had issues with wine before (not necessarily with Padventures, but other applications). Sometimes wine prefixes become corrupted or misconfigured, updating wine makes it possible for configurations to change that is necessary for certain applications to work. You could try creating a new wine prefix and reinstall padventures.

If none of this works, then you could try download a Windows Virtual Machine to see if Padventures work on the virtual machine. If it works on the virtual machine then it's most likely something wrong with the linux environment (dependencies, incorrect settings, etc.) otherwise it's something wrong with your wine.

Good luck Dittostrong

Thank you for you answer, and yes I have tried the same version with a windows environment and it did work.
I can't use it because it sets my processor on fire!
As for wine I don't know what else I can do!

maurito

Reaction score
Naturally, virtual machines can be rather demanding on the CPU (depends on how many cores you assign)shinxhey

Hmm, if possible try start wine from the terminal ('WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine Padventures.exe', hopefully the error can expand from there and should be able to navigate from there)

Try downloading a different version of wine and run the program, if it doesn't work then reinstall the one you had before and explore the 'winecfg' and you may want to adjust some settings there(experiment by enabling or disabling certain libraries or other features).

I've heard that it's possible to configure wine prefixes to use specific DLLS (I have never encountered this problem before so I can't really help you here, but I can highlight the details from what I know which could also be something similar as to what Trafalgar said in the earlier post regarding the DLLS.). This is done by setting environment variables (you might have to export some other backends such as DXVK , I don't know all of them) in the terminal and using wine to run it.

If none of this works, then I'm sorry I don't think there is much more that I can offer to aid your case. I'd strongly suggest upgrading your hardware if not sadpichu

Peter E

Reaction score
Naturally, virtual machines can be rather demanding on the CPU (depends on how many cores you assign)shinxhey

Hmm, if possible try start wine from the terminal ('WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine Padventures.exe', hopefully the error can expand from there and should be able to navigate from there)

Try downloading a different version of wine and run the program, if it doesn't work then reinstall the one you had before and explore the 'winecfg' and you may want to adjust some settings there(experiment by enabling or disabling certain libraries or other features).

I've heard that it's possible to configure wine prefixes to use specific DLLS (I have never encountered this problem before so I can't really help you here, but I can highlight the details from what I know which could also be something similar as to what Trafalgar said in the earlier post regarding the DLLS.). This is done by setting environment variables (you might have to export some other backends such as DXVK , I don't know all of them) in the terminal and using wine to run it.

If none of this works, then I'm sorry I don't think there is much more that I can offer to aid your case. I'd strongly suggest upgrading your hardware if not sadpichu

Thank you very much
And as for the error message appearing in the terminal for anyone else can figure the problem:

MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete
GPU Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 2500 (IVB GT1)
OpenGL 4.2 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.2
Client GLEW
Padventures Client 1.0 rev 0 (devel) started at Mar 20 2024 14:02:41

Exiting application..

Back