What's new

Welcome!

@Vermilion's Burning House Quest + Achievement #78

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Hello. I've been trying to finish this insane quest for quite some time now, but the NPC's speed just doesn't match with the location they spawn.
The only NPC that is somewhat able to reach the door before the time run out is Marlon Cortez. All the others, if they spawn in the most distant location, is just rip.
I have tried even minimizing the map to the maximum and using battle mode to increase my range of view, but even being able to find them faster, they can't follow you fast enough.
So I have 2 suggestion for it: either increase the timing for taking the person out, or increase the Cortez' family speed to something that makes the quest even viable.

There's an achievement in the game that includes it, and it's kinda boring that you can't finish it.
(btw, is there a plan to activating the Achievement #78, logging on valentine's day instead of an achievement, just gives me problems at home hahaha)

Thanks for listening an achievement addicted.

Blacky.-

Reaction score
0fkfyQR.png

2 month ago, it is not impossible ;)
Hello. I've been trying to finish this insane quest for quite some time now, but the NPC's speed just doesn't match with the location they spawn.
The only NPC that is somewhat able to reach the door before the time run out is Marlon Cortez. All the others, if they spawn in the most distant location, is just rip.
I have tried even minimizing the map to the maximum and using battle mode to increase my range of view, but even being able to find them faster, they can't follow you fast enough.
So I have 2 suggestion for it: either increase the timing for taking the person out, or increase the Cortez' family speed to something that makes the quest even viable.

There's an achievement in the game that includes it, and it's kinda boring that you can't finish it.
(btw, is there a plan to activating the Achievement #78, logging on valentine's day instead of an achievement, just gives me problems at home hahaha)

Thanks for listening an achievement addicted.

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
In my opinion this quest is for low level players, beginners who would be very happy to get a squirtle in a quest.
But it ends up being difficult for players of any level, especially for beginners who do not have good Pokémon to use or enough speed.
And if in the future they manage to do the quest, the prize "Squirtle" will no longer have any value

Squirtlecool

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
0fkfyQR.png

2 month ago, it is not impossible ;)
OK, lemme correct: it is possible if the RNG is good enough to spawn npc near to the entrance. So the point of this game right now is: spend shitloads of hours to catch pokemon, spend shitloads of hours to complete quests (for example, killing 1500 tapus), and then spending shitloads of hours rerolling the npcs on an achievement to get 4k gps and an exp ticket?

But if you just appeared looking for cookies, instead of trying to understand the whole design I've mentioned, here's your gratz. If you mind reading again the OT, you may be able to notice the sentence "All the others, if they spawn in the most distant location, is just rip."

Gax

Reaction score
I've just completed this quest but I made a lot of tries (30 or so). In general, there are 9 locations where family members resp. It's possible to rescue them from 5 locations. You have to rescue 6 people, so the probability of completing the task is (5/9)^6. Each time you have around 3% chance to succeed. Keep trying.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
I've just completed this quest but I made a lot of tries (30 or so). In general, there are 9 locations where family members resp. It's possible to rescue them from 5 locations. You have to rescue 6 people, so the probability of completing the task is (5/9)^6. Each time you have around 3% chance to succeed. Keep trying.
That's the kind of addition we're looking for when doing posts like this. Ye, I've noticed that, there are some respawns that makes the quest possible to be made, others just don't.
A content like that should be based on your skills playing, not on a random RNG just to rip it if it happens. Thats why Im pointing that some improvement can be made here. Im not asking to put all npcs at the entrance door, but making the quest solvable in any situation, relying only on your skills. A little buff on NPCs speed could do enough to match the spawning respawns. It will still requires pokes to do that, strategy for searching, etc.

Back