What's new

Welcome!

Sylveon

Fivo

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to discuss about Sylveon's moveset.

As far as I know, according to anime and other resources Sylveon has always been a kind of support pokemon. It is rarely strong eevee evolution however has real problems dealing with dragons spot ( fairy is immune ) and dies so quickly. This pokemon becomes quite useless without putting reflect into it and in my opinion needs some attention. Furthermore I can't understand Mud Shot as m1, that does't really fit to this pokemon. Tell me if I'm wrong, I'm openminded.

My suggestion is:

Mud Shot -> Attract / Swift ( extra normal move connected with anime series)
Hold Back -> Healera / Synthesis ( giving it possibility to gain more potential in PvE and not die that quickly)
Teter Dance / Disarming Voice -> Sleeping Voice ( Reducing area damage/increasing time-alive, half-support skil)

Let me know what You think !

Facepalmpool, Diamond

Last edited:

Himbeere

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
I just can agree with Mud Shot - it could be changed for other movement (maybe Growl or Charm?)

Synthesis/Healera - There is already possibility to put Reflect for the Sylveon so I think it would be too much.
Teter Dance / Disarming Voice - I think the second one has quite good dmg so it's not necessary to remove it.

Fivo

Reaction score
Thanks for Your opinion
Putting reflect is possible to many pokemons and I thought Sylveon would need some basic support skill.
What’s more i find hołd back quite useless for that poke, Never really used it,what Do You Think?
I suggested a change for teter dance or disarming voice as an extra support skill added and to rebalance damage if hold back would be changed not to make poke overpowered.
Greetings

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Sylveon does not need any changes and will not receive any (i really wonder how you have problems to kill dragons when most of its moveset is fairy and with pixelate u have pretty much full fairy moveset).
Mud shot is a weak counter against its weaknesses it's something that every pokemon have for duel and will stay like this (also having like 2k dmg when it would be replaced with fairy weak target wouldnt help you much)
Hold back is a duel move so it's rather obvious that you don't use it if you lvl up
Also like himbeere pointed out sylveon can learn reflect so he will not get any healing in moveset just because (and it also have draining kiss)

Fivo

Reaction score
Sylveon does not need any changes and will not receive any (i really wonder how you have problems to kill dragons when most of its moveset is fairy and with pixelate u have pretty much full fairy moveset).
Mud shot is a weak counter against its weaknesses it's something that every pokemon have for duel and will stay like this (also having like 2k dmg when it would be replaced with fairy weak target wouldnt help you much)
Hold back is a duel move so it's rather obvious that you don't use it if you lvl up
Also like himbeere pointed out sylveon can learn reflect so he will not get any healing in moveset just because (and it also have draining kiss)

Just as i said, those improvements are connected with anime series and nature of this pokemon. Mine has pixilate ability but the problem is to stay alive even with reflect, so that i suggested some changes that combines well with Sylveon that we know from original series. I agree with You totally but there is no point as far as i am concerned to keep that pokemon's moveset as it is right now, full fairy is not what we except from him. I think Sylveon would be more suitable(?) being Blissey-type and supporting at least a little bit. Counter for weaknesses and completely duel move should be replaced with supporting/normal moves to refresh him and add some character that Sylveon deserves.
I believe that the main point is to make pokes as accurate as it this possible , not just keep them being 'good'
Greetings

Centinela

Reaction score

Hello mate, what about the loot sylveon drops? Just moon stones atm ;c

Back