What's new

Welcome!

Spinda

Garkstal

Banned user
Reaction score
Have you ever see a Spinda even once on duel?

Lovely and confusing panda, fully forgotten.

Current Moveset and My Suggestion.

GZ253VA.png

A first glance it' seems a nice pokemon, it can learn ref and some badass TMs for duel, even in abilities can learn Own Tempo, however all is not rosy.

But why man, why you would suggest that, seems nice, but for sure there is a why...

Indeed. I will explain it every move and why.

Psychic > Sucker Punch: Spinda has 5 normal moves without Copycat. This little panda can't learn Scrappy so for those tricky ghosts Sucker Punch it's perfect. But keeping a balance and not making opness.
Disable > Flail: Disable is a useful move, doesn't care if you used reflect or protection, it will disable you a move. But it's seems a bit obsolete. And on other hand Flail it work exactly as Revenge but normal type.
Assist > Copycat: To be honest I don't know if Assist, Copycat and Mimic work exactly the same way, however Copycat fits better on Spinda, who says? Bulbapedia :p
Psycho Cut > Trick Room: Not only an improvement for level, but an enhance for duel. Trick Room is larger than Psycho Cut and also paralyze.

With this 4 changes in my humble opinion, you reader, Spinda seems a better panda now, don't you?

Mostly of the changes are based entirely on the reliable Bulbapedia

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score
bump this little panda, I remember though when I told to Raissa, hey check this panda, she wrote "what's wrong with it? it's okay, it has nice moves" that was 1 year ago, and NOBODY HAS USED SPINDA EVER.

Shadow Mist

Reaction score

I wouldn't change Assist for Copycat, because, iirc, it USED to have Copycat before, and was in fact, changed into Assist. Plus, he's the only Pokemon atm with Assist, so... That's a no.
Disable > Flail is a interesting change, since he has mostly "weak" moves, this would bump his damage quite a bit.
Psychic > Sucker Punch... Yeah that's a no; it should be at least another weak area because as you can tell, that's his weak area. Plus, it would do less damage overall, but then I think I know why you did this change; trying to balance for next change
Psycho Cut > Trick Room, I think we could even add this without taking out Psychic, 3 psy moves, having 1 slow and 1 stun seems fair in my opinion.

that's my 2 cents on this thing

tl;dr

i like disable>flail and psycho cut>trick room kk ty

Lance

Reaction score
What about this, basically this is a normal Pokemon with some Psy moves that make it viable to level up in fight resp but still weak to it and it clearly is an disadvantage for Spinda, that explain the Return to Fling move that makes it easier to level up in some ghost or psy resp, now for the disable and assist moves Sleep Talk and keeping disable makes is more usefull in the pve part, changin Psychic for trick room and Teeter dance for Swagger/Frustration makes it the right amout of dmg for pve and pvp.
Also Spinda NEEDS a buff in the speed movement (basically it is slower the blissey) and it would be nice a rework on spinda since it learn such good moves like false swipe, batton pass among others.

Based on Bulbapedia.

Psychic For Trick room
Disable For Sleep talk
Assist For Disable
Return For Fling
Teeter dance For Swagger or Frustation

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
What about this, basically this is a normal Pokemon with some Psy moves that make it viable to level up in fight resp but still weak to it and it clearly is an disadvantage for Spinda, that explain the Return to Fling move that makes it easier to level up in some ghost or psy resp, now for the disable and assist moves Sleep Talk and keeping disable makes is more usefull in the pve part, changin Psychic for trick room and Teeter dance for Swagger/Frustration makes it the right amout of dmg for pve and pvp.
Also Spinda NEEDS a buff in the speed movement (basically it is slower the blissey) and it would be nice a rework on spinda since it learn such good moves like false swipe, batton pass among others.

Based on Bulbapedia.

Psychic For Trick room
Disable For Sleep talk
Assist For Disable
Return For Fling
Teeter dance For Swagger or Frustation

This feels too strong. You are adding a better AoE stun(sleep), a strong dark type AoE for easylvling and a high dmg slow AoE for a low dmg AoE and swapping Assist(which Shadow Mist implied won't be changed) with another AoE stun or a nice dmg single target move.

Lance

Reaction score
isnt that the idea of trying to propose a change in a very weak poke? and as u say assist can stay that way so why trying to get every proposition without a decent and good change?

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
isnt that the idea of trying to propose a change in a very weak poke? and as u say assist can stay that way so why trying to get every proposition without a change?

I am not saying that it should stay the same but you are trying to make it overpowered instead of making it a balanced pokemon.

P.S. I think Shadow Mist's idea would make it decent.

Last edited:

Lance

Reaction score
Fallen, why instead saying that is so wrong why dont u just make an effort to suggest some other options that make it more viable, im just trying to help, since all players are so little actually trying to propose some decent changes, and for pve and pvp, because as i know u only like pve so i would really appreciate more constructive opinions on some changes :D

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Fallen, why instead saying that is so wrong why dont u just make an effort to suggest some other options that make it more viable, im just trying to help, since all players are so little actually trying to propose some decent changes, and for pve and pvp, because as i know u only like pve so i would really appreciate more constructive opinions on some changes :D

P.S. I think Shadow Mist's idea would make it decent.

Seriously, just changing Psycho Cut with Wonder Room would make it viable in PvE. It's not like its not lvlable rn(I actually lvled a low lvl one to like lvl 105 or smh in Diamond long time ago) but having Wonder Room would make PvE experience smooth.

Other than that; Being able to learn following TMs would help it a lot(for both PvP and PvE); Dizzy Punch, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Wild Charge, and Psycho Cut(if they switch it with Wonder Room). Btw Spinda can learn all of those moves legally.

Last edited:

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
Seriously, just changing Psycho Cut with Wonder Room would make it viable in PvE. It's not like its not lvlable rn(I actually lvled a low lvl one to like lvl 105 or smh in Diamond long time ago) but having Wonder Room would make PvE experience smooth.

Other than that; Being able to learn following TMs would help it a lot(for both PvP and PvE); Dizzy Punch, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Wild Charge, and Psycho Cut(if they switch it with Wonder Room). Btw Spinda can learn all of those moves legally.

quick reminder that i said trick room, which is the slowing aoe move that Delphox/Slowbro have, not wonder room XD

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Hello
I would like to recommend tearful look for spinda with its passive (own tempo) it would be quite good
a change in a some skills would also be nice

Back