What's new

Welcome!

Some questions about abilities and Oricorios

tasker

Reaction score
According to what a pokemon has, talking about abilities and resistances, are they based on their departure or on the current generation of pokemon using for example bulbapedia?

ABILITIES

for example according to all the pedias GENGAR/MEGA GENGAR doesnt have levitate anymore

RESISTANCES
the other part is BASTIODON
on his releasing he has resistance to ghost and darkness, like gengar and his levitate currently no longer possess them

ORICORIOS

its mechanics of 2 stun + protection
I find it a bit unbalanced since it is useless to use the held so that it does not escape, you lose 1 important space while the other can use damage and destroy you

!!!
my suggestion is that REVELATION DANCE does not cause confusion anymore. only do the respective damage of the type

Regards,
I hope your answers I have much more to suggest about this

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
So lets go by points.

1. Abilities we do base them mostly on bulbapedia but i guess everyone can see that not every ability works like their original counterpart and some pokemons receive abilities that they would never learn in normal game too (its usually a case where pokemon have a new ability that would never make sense in PA). In gengar case yea, it's true that he loses levitate but it would in my opinion make him way too limited to only cursed body (since shadow tag is from mega and not everyone is going to run with a stone for it).

2. Resistances are an easy thing it's something that happens very rarely and they do need an update once it's changed in normal games because it affects certain type completly (tho from what i remember the ghost/dark thing for steel was implemented quite a bit of time after it was changed in games)

3. In case of oricorio i do not see a single problem. Yes it's strong but it's not the first nor the last pokemon that have 2 stuns in movest and some kind of protection (you could even talk in such way about multiple pokemons that have reflects and heals from tm or have some kind of prot in moveset and 1 of the 2 options in tms is obviously a stun)

Last edited:

tasker

Reaction score
Ok Nice i understand 2 point

About the 1 point
its posible to only mega gengar doesnt have levitate But Normal Form yes?

About the point 3

i say it cause u can use prote + move or wait enemys reflect then FIRST STUN+SECOND STUN 2 SEG + ANY MOVE and you can leave the enemy in HALF LIFE and walk away full hp with batton

FOR A EXAMPLE
n the case of floatzel I do not see it as OP since if you can do a lot of damage

Back