What's new

Welcome!

Some Mega Pokemon - Rebalance

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd community and Members of Staff,

Since Raissa commented that a there would/could be a rebalance in April (http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?43008-Gengar&p=388876&viewfull=1#post388876), I would like to mention that I feel some Mega Pokemon need to be rebalance/boosted.

Megas were extremely rare, but now thanks to Mega Voucher (and probably soon the card System) you see megas more often. Which is why I believe some of them need to be rebalance.

However, I believe duelers go always for Mega Metagross/Banette and when ppl try another mega, they kinda get disappointed and sell them (This is just an assumption).

Don't worry, I will not make any long post... I will only mention which Mega Pokemon might need to be rebalanced and why I think so.

By the way, since megas are kinda "broken" in Test room, I cannot show damage of some of them, but I remember I checked some and their damage was quite low.

@Edit on Mega List:

-Mega Absol: Is it possible to change Slash for Quick Attack, like Normal and Shiny? Also, since it only has 4 Dark-type moves, could you add 1 dark-type passive move?

-Mega Gardevoir: I was just wondering if u can switch Fairy Dreams for Aroma Veil. Now that Fairy Dreams formula changed, I believe Mega Gardevoir loses that good move (Imprison), which is really a unique and useful move that Garde and Shiny Garde have. Imprison/Aroma Veil are definitely way better moves than Fairy Dream. Also, Mega Garde already have 5 fairy-type moves and its Passive move is also Fairy-type, I was wondering too if u can add same passive as Shiny or another one either Psychic or Ghost-type, whatever you think is more appropriate.

-Mega Steelix deals less damage with Fissure & Underground than Normal Steelix, even though Mega Steelix Fissure and Underground's cooldowns are higher. Furthermore, could you please remove Spikes and Mud Sport? The problem I see with Mud Sport is that Mega Steelix is a slow pokemon and it loses the move Rock Tomb, which paralyses, and on top of that it doesn't have any other move which could help it deal damage with Mud Sport. Spikes is actually not a good move, one of the most hated moves in-game and I feel like putting it in any Mega Pokemon is a mistake.
Finally, I would like to say that one of the (many) things that makes Normal Steelix really good is that it has 4 moves with low cd. Mega Steelix only has 1 move with 10 sec cooldown and then ALL other moves have 20+ secs cooldown. I'm begging you to consider these points of view.

-Mega Alakazam: I think Mega Kazam, similar to Mega Steelix, has a problem with cooldowns. It only has 1 move with 15 sec and all other moves are 20+ sec cooldown.

-Mega Tyranitar: This Mega needs a boost in damage. Cloned Tyranitar deals more damage. Even though the move Mega Shadow Wave is a really good move, I believe Mega Tyranitar should deal, at least, the same damage as Cloned Tyranitar with other moves (Fire Fang, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Hyper Beam and Foul Play).

-Mega Slowbro: Similar to Mega Tyranitar, it needs a small boost in damage for moves: Aqua Tail, Waterball, Bubblebeam and Surf.
Also, I was wondering if you could boost a little bit more HP of both. I know how much you hate comparisons... BUT: Starmie (as a Water/Psychic type pokemon) has Reflect + Healing-move + Star Spin (ability to dodge damage from another move) + 20k HP.
Slowbro and Mega Slowbro only have a Healing move. They don't have reflect nor a move similar to Star Spin (in moveset). This is why I was thinking maybe boosting Slowbro's HP to 20k and Mega Slowbro's HP to 21k.

Additionally, there is one more thing I would like to ask:

Could you please allow Cloned Pokemon to Mega Evolve?

It was already mentioned somewhere, that it would be nice for Cloned Pokemon to mega evolve, since they have same moveset as normal ones.
Same Sprite, same strength as a normal mega evolved poke...

Even though I don't have a mega pokemon (yet), I am sure I speak for almost all players with mega pokemon or soon-to-have mega voucher, that it would be nice to allow Cloned Pokemon to mega evolve. Also, because I assume we would eventually have more Mega Pokemon in PAd, and there are other Cloned pokemon which can mega evolve, like Pidgeot or Beedrill.

Sadly, with Shiny versions this is not possible, since they have different moveset and I completely understand that.

What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance! and please stay home, stay safe and stay healthy!
Nando Zoul~

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Due to the fact that there are many more Cloned Pokemon, which eventually would be able to Mega Evolve...

Just a friendly reminder: PLEASE consider enabling Mega Evolution for Cloned Pokemon.

Thanks in advance!

falconflu

Reaction score
I think is a very bad Idea evolve cloned to mega. Cloned/shiny and mega is the same mod

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello again.

I would like to Bump this thread, say that I added some Megas to the list, and comment on the subject again:

As time goes by, there are more players getting Mega Stone voucher. Today there are 25~ available Mega Pokemon in PAd, which means there are around 25 options of Megas to choose with the voucher, what makes the 9-years waiting totally worth it.

However, I think (and other players think this, too) that some Megas are obsolete. Some people even think Shinys > Megas.

I have been wanting to bump this thread for a long time, but there was the Tournament, and then the new Fishing System. I am pretty sure Sting has other important matters, PAd- and not-PAd related.

But Sting, please check out the Megas on this list.

I would totally put tons of screenshots showing you damage from, for example Mega Absol or Mega Steelix, how normal steelix has more damage than Mega.
Or for instance, right now new Mega Aero, Tyranitar and Mega Slowbro, they have same damage as normal versions.
But I know you hate that, so I won't do it.

I do hope you can review Megas... because in the past it was extremely difficult to get Megas, now it is more accessible... but as I mentioned in the original post, ppl tend to choose the same Megas.

Thanks in advance!

Would be nice if other players who agree with me comment on this subject!

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Hello again.

I would like to Bump this thread, say that I added some Megas to the list, and comment on the subject again:

As time goes by, there are more players getting Mega Stone voucher. Today there are 25~ available Mega Pokemon in PAd, which means there are around 25 options of Megas to choose with the voucher, what makes the 9-years waiting totally worth it.

However, I think (and other players think this, too) that some Megas are obsolete. Some people even think Shinys > Megas.

I have been wanting to bump this thread for a long time, but there was the Tournament, and then the new Fishing System. I am pretty sure Sting has other important matters, PAd- and not-PAd related.

But Sting, please check out the Megas on this list.

I would totally put tons of screenshots showing you damage from, for example Mega Absol or Mega Steelix, how normal steelix has more damage than Mega.
Or for instance, right now new Mega Aero, Tyranitar and Mega Slowbro, they have same damage as normal versions.
But I know you hate that, so I won't do it.

I do hope you can review Megas... because in the past it was extremely difficult to get Megas, now it is more accessible... but as I mentioned in the original post, ppl tend to choose the same Megas.

Thanks in advance!

Would be nice if other players who agree with me comment on this subject!

Mostly shinies > megas because of the bad megas system. As we have good and bad shinies and same goes to megas, but you have shinies permanently, can use it whenever you want, and on the other side megas, which you can't use when you want, or can own only one at a time, and sometimes you can't even use it for more than 24h, why? Because you use mega one day, then you forget to release to change it back, so the next day you enter game, release it and then you have to wait 12h, so mostly you will use it again next day. So i would focus first on the system changes and then on rebalance, even if some pokemons need it. That's my opinion.

falconflu

Reaction score
I think som megastar need rebalance... just it. Like absol for example, he lose passive and some good moves. Mega stones are rare, and I think need improve this pokemons

Zecao

Reaction score
There are some mega evolutions that need improvements, but unfortunately the staff is spending their time bringing new things, since the inactivity of Ashtib, they have stopped making rebalance changes in the pokemon, he insisted that it is not a problem of the staff as such, but of the lack of personnel in the "rebalance" section, I think there should be a committed Team for this issue. and not only for the pokemon, but for things like HELD item, since the helds system is 1 year old and no major modifications have been made, since there are items that are taking up space in our backpacks. haha I got a little off topic, but in summary I don't think they will achieve anything knowing that the staff is busy with other things, the best thing to do is wait for them to take the initiative again

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
There are some mega evolutions that need improvements, but unfortunately the staff is spending their time bringing new things, since the inactivity of Ashtib, they have stopped making rebalance changes in the pokemon, he insisted that it is not a problem of the staff as such, but of the lack of personnel in the "rebalance" section, I think there should be a committed Team for this issue. and not only for the pokemon, but for things like HELD item, since the helds system is 1 year old and no major modifications have been made, since there are items that are taking up space in our backpacks. haha I got a little off topic, but in summary I don't think they will achieve anything knowing that the staff is busy with other things, the best thing to do is wait for them to take the initiative again

? ashtib have not even participated in any recent rebalance so idk what you are talking about everything that is done is made by me and Aga and we are not obligated to make rebalance often there might be one soon that would take into account stuff that people proposed on forum

Zecao

Reaction score
? ashtib have not even participated in any recent rebalance so idk what you are talking about everything that is done is made by me and Aga and we are not obligated to make rebalance often there might be one soon that would take into account stuff that people proposed on forum

Dude it is not an attack against you. If I mention Ashtib, it was because when he entered the staff in the rebalance section, there was much more activity than there was in months.
I learned my lesson, I no longer publish anything about rebalances, the community is very sensitive about these issues, I just gave my opinion about it: p regards

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Dude it is not an attack against you. If I mention Ashtib, it was because when he entered the staff in the rebalance section, there was much more activity than there was in months.
I learned my lesson, I no longer publish anything about rebalances, the community is very sensitive about these issues, I just gave my opinion about it: p regards

Community is sensitive about everything right now ;)

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score

i would not say that i considered it an attack and i just explained something anyway if someone thinks some pokemon need a boost it's not a problem to post it on forum and wait untill we decide to make a bigger rebalance pack but it's better to stop that conversation here since its not the thread for that

Zecao

Reaction score
i would not say that i considered it an attack and i just explained something anyway if someone thinks some pokemon need a boost it's not a problem to post it on forum and wait untill we decide to make a bigger rebalance pack but it's better to stop that conversation here since its not the thread for that

thanks, peace and love

falconflu

Reaction score
Aenir is right. Also some duelist players like Me, Aenir, maybe Caxo and Clen, can help you guys. I think together we can improve more the experience of duels on the game.

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
As this seems to be main thread about megas, i want to ask if we can expect any new megas soon(i mean in july/august, or this 3 new were random.

Regards

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Can you remove or increase amount of vouchers we can use on characters? You add new megas constantly, and i don't think there are people who are going to use voucher and then pay 300k to get unlinker and sell it. There are people that look for some exact megas that they like/want. Without respawns it's hard to get stones only from vouchers. Maybe you have plans to add them on next alola island, or something new, but now people who used tickets months ago, can't use it again for new megas and as i mention before it's hard to buy this stones as price for unlinker right now is high. We can use it on other account/character, ask friend(but what about if friend want to get other mega for himself later?), but that means higher price for stone, and they aren't worth actual money with actual megas system.

Zousa

Reaction score
Hello, bump about the activation time of the mega evolution.
Spoiler:
Mostly shinies > megas because of the bad megas system. As we have good and bad shinies and same goes to megas, but you have shinies permanently, can use it whenever you want, and on the other side megas, which you can't use when you want, or can own only one at a time, and sometimes you can't even use it for more than 24h, why? Because you use mega one day, then you forget to release to change it back, so the next day you enter game, release it and then you have to wait 12h, so mostly you will use it again next day. So i would focus first on the system changes and then on rebalance, even if some pokemons need it. That's my opinion.

i hadn't wanted to have an opinion because i didn't have any mega stone, however, i find it unfair that the time of use (6 hours) if it runs while offline, and that we have to go in and take out the mega so that it starts counting the
"21:15 The mega transformation has expired." and then start the cd "21:16 You have to wait before transforming again. (Time left: 11 hours, 59 minutes and 49 seconds)

as i said above i find it unfair since the evolution if it expires when you are disconnected, but the time to transform again does not start automatically, i think that should be better structured, however you'll know what you can do, this is just a comment, saying that i find it unfair since it would be no more than another daily login so that u can use your mega pokemon.

:)

Last edited:

Reyesh

Reaction score
buenas noches, solo una sugerencia le pueden regresar el move healing wish al mega gardevoir! ?

Back