Welcome!

Slaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkmanxd123

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Today I will talk about slaking.
Slaking is a forgotten pokemon, that currently nobody uses, it only has good aoe movements to level but even so it is not good to enter a team. Also nobody uses it in pvp because there are better normal type Pokémon like Snorlax - Furret - Exploud, obviously all the mentioned Pokémon have rest.
So I'm going to try to suggest a moveset that makes it usable in pvp and doesn't lose its essence in pve.
Here is my suggestion:
Add passive: Hammer arm or pain split
1 - Play rough
2 - night slash
3 - Chip away
4 - Swagger - fling - It would be useful for pvp and pve than swagger.
5 - Quash - low sweep - It will give variety to the slaking moveset and it will be good to have a paralyzing move for pvp.
6 - Fake tears
7 - Slack off - Counter (Maybe this will cause controversy because it is a unique move from slaking) I think slaking would work better as a tank pokemon than having a heal.
8 - Covet
9 - Return
10 - Snarl
I have to talk about Slaking's hp. Now it has 19k and it is the same as snorlax having rest + reflect. So if they accept to put a counter, I consider that the hp should be 25-26k but if it keeps slack off it should go up to 22k.
Finally the return from slaking is doing 600 per hit when other Pokémon are doing 750-800 so the damage from the return from slaking should be increased.

14:12 Your Slaking deals 606 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Slaking deals 605 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Slaking deals 610 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Slaking deals 604 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Slaking deals 600 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Slaking deals 608 damage to an Abomasnow.

14:12 Your Spinda deals 805 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Spinda deals 804 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Spinda deals 803 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Spinda deals 803 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Spinda deals 801 damage to an Abomasnow.
14:12 Your Spinda deals 804 damage to an Abomasnow.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Zecao

Reaction score
Maybe the big diference between spinda's return instead slaking its just havent the posibility to deal damage to ghost types.. (remember scrappy)
Im agree with remove the heal from slaking and add more HP. But change damage isnt necessary because it have a cloned version that deal 10% increased damage.

thedarkmanxd123

Reaction score
Maybe the big diference between spinda's return instead slaking its just havent the posibility to deal damage to ghost types.. (remember scrappy)
Im agree with remove the heal from slaking and add more HP. But change damage isnt necessary because it have a cloned version that deal 10% increased damage.

But kangaskhan has scrappy and deals more damage than cloned slaking. So it would be nice if the slaking (normal version) suits Kangaskhan's return damage and its cloned version by 10% more.

17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 656 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 655 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 652 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 658 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 654 damage to an Abomasnow.

17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 704 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 699 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 708 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 701 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 702 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 706 damage to an Abomasnow.

Zecao

Reaction score
But kangaskhan has scrappy and deals more damage than cloned slaking. So it would be nice if the slaking (normal version) suits Kangaskhan's return damage and its cloned version by 10% more.

17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 655 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 652 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 658 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Cloned Slaking deals 654 damage to an Abomasnow.

17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 704 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 699 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 708 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 701 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 702 damage to an Abomasnow.
17:43 Your Kangaskhan deals 706 damage to an Abomasnow.

maybe you're opening the way to slaking to defeat fighting types, ghosts (without receive a damage, countering all strong ghost type of meta) With play rought/counter.
we know that normal types are really hard to balance, and scrappy isnt an ability that Slaking should have. remember its like (steelix example, with mold breaker)

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
maybe you're opening the way to slaking to defeat fighting types, ghosts (without receive a damage, countering all strong ghost type of meta) With play rought/counter.
we know that normal types are really hard to balance, and scrappy isnt an ability that Slaking should have. remember its like (steelix example, with mold breaker)

A poke with counter don't assure that will defeat his weakness, besides he is suggesting another way instead counter,so this can be debatable.
But imo about his hp and dmg,needs a change. There is no-sense that Slaking has same hp of lax which has ref + rest and gluttony of ability but I think slaking should have at least 21k with Slack off, 22k is too much.On the other hand 600 of dmg in the move return is too low compared to the rest of poke who have it. Finally, I don't see a problem if it can beat ghost pokes "easily" due to lopunny can do it as well and both have scrappy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back