m3 - Sing -> Imprison//Fairy Dreams//Geomancy
m4 Aqua Jet
m5 Baby- Doll eyes
m6 Reflect
m7 Moon Blast
m8 Disarming Voice
m9 Sparkling Aria
m10 Wonder Room -> Hydropump//Bouncy Bubbles//Hydro swipe

Shiny Primarina need a better Aoe move, shiny version lost misty terrain for receive Wonder room, bad AOE Psychic move, so better put a good water move to replace wonder room. Another point is a better stun than sing.

stin stauer

Reaction score
The ability liquid voice is kind of broken, because it is activated on sound-based moves, turning them into water moves if the enemy is rock, ground or fire type.

if you check primarina has only 2 based sound moves (sing and disarming voice) and Sing doesnt deal damage, so it has only a shitty "disarming voice" to activate the ability.

About wonder room I understand it's there as a counter to poison types, but primarina moveset currently isnt made as a duel pokemon, the way it is now is now is much more a PVe broken pokemon.

Last edited:

ninjakaban

Reaction score
Shiny Primarina

I would like to propose this kind of change

m1 - Bubbles

m2 - Aromatic Mist

m3 - Sing —> Sleep Talk or Confide (yes Confide is sound based move [should be]) so at lest Shiny form could make use of “sleep-like” AOE stun (cuz of Liquid Voice) and thanks to that, slightly increase her DMG at all (and I know she can learn Sleep Talk by TM but you used to make changes like that even if pokemon had already one spell in TM learnest list)

m4 Aqua Jet

m5 Baby- Doll eyes

m6 Reflect

m7 Moon Blast

m8 Disarming Voice

m9 Sparkling Aria

m10 Wonder Room —> Perish Song (it’s the same formula as Wonder Room but with Liquid Voice it would be usable in PVE, it could be good change because it’s not very good Pokémon in PVP even with psychic skill and no one use it at all, and she has good potential in PVE but she needs changes like that)

And also add possibility of learning TM Boomburst (it’s sound-like based spell)

Those changes (Sleep Talk, Perish Song and Boomburst if Liquid Voice) would make her finally good option to chose in PVE

With those set of spells she would become the same sort of Pokémon like Shiny Sylveon. It has normal version which is quite good but Shiny form is kinda game changer for her cuz she can use 2 pomp-category move (thank to ability both in Sylveon and Primarina)

If you add more sound-based spells for Shiny Primarina (as I offered) it would make her:

1. Usable at all (for sure she could be interesting choose for EXP comparing to many other good water Pokemons which would be better than her anyway but she cloud be at least good addition to the team)
  2. It wouldn’t make her broken or something cuz there will be many better waters at all)
  3. If Shiny Primarina become slightly stronger like that it would make Meowth Bait more useful and worth to play Kanovalola Bait + Meowth Bait

In addition, I checked sound-based skills on Bulbapedia (https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Sound-based_moves) and I don’t see any other moves that could be added for Shiny Primarina (except of those I enumerated)

In shor, just change Sing that don’t make and DMG for something that Liquid Voice could use for dealing DMG, change Wonder Room cuz no one use this in PVP and add her any sound-like AOE for better exp and let her use Boomburst like Sh Sylveon use to with this same kind of ability.

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
Primarina rebalancing will only happen when I capture asksaosakoaskasoaskoaskas never ;/
12:53 Used 1 pokeball, 28 ultra balls, 2 safari balls, 679 rocket balls, 205 premier balls, 130 sport balls, 1545 dream balls, 9 dive balls, 4 crystal balls on Shiny Primarina.

Primarina (m3 - Sing —> Sleep Talk or Confid) or (m8 - Disarming Voice —> Fairy Melody)

Shiny Primarina
(m3 - Sing —>Noble Roar or Sleep Talk or Confid)
(m8 - Disarming Voice —> Fairy Melody)
(m10 Wonder Room —> Perish Song)

In my opinion Fairy Melody is one of the best options for her, as it can be used by both types of Primarina, Fairy and Water

Last edited:

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
I have promised to check some pokemons in the middle of August, but we are currently giving 100% focus on professions as we no longer want to keep delaying it. I'll take a look in September :)
You will do rebalances this year or only will do in pokemons will put shiny in dungeon?

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
Sing --> Alluring Voice Recently in Scarlet Violet's new DLC, she got a new TM that deals a lot of damage and causes Stun. It would be a great option to implement into the game, and not to mention that it's a move you can adapt to work with her Liquid Voice ability.
Primarina has many options for improvements, any of which is welcome.

demzpacito

Reaction score
Sing --> Alluring Voice Recently in Scarlet Violet's new DLC, she got a new TM that deals a lot of damage and causes Stun. It would be a great option to implement into the game, and not to mention that it's a move you can adapt to work with her Liquid Voice ability.
Primarina has many options for improvements, any of which is welcome.
Its already implemented. Fidough has it on moveset

Back