What's new

Welcome!

Shared EXP

waramus2

Reaction score
Hi!
I used to be an active member of the game and the forum many years ago, but then i retired. Some days ago, I started playing again, but this time with a friend. We are having such a good time, but we are kinda frustrated because sharing exp in a party is actually much slower than leveling alone. Are we doing something wrong? Is the system meant to encourage hunting alone? We would like to know suggestions to actually get a benefit of playing together.

Thanks!
:)

Last edited:

rhess

Reaction score
I think he was talking about the "Shared experience" option when you are in a party, which u can enable by ctrl + click on yourself.
I don't remember if it works only for Pokemon experience or if it does for player too, but for pokemons it's really useful.

waramus2

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers!

I meant the "shared experience" option. Sad to read there's no party system implemented. I feel like encouraging cooperative gameplay would be so fun, creating sinergies with support pokemon and prevent repetitiveness. Also, exploring would be more rewarding for new players. I also feel like it's easy to do in code. It's also a good reason to bring some friends to the game! I feel like this is an opportunity to make a suggestion for a party system in PA, where sharing exp gives 0.7 times the exp to a pokemon instead of 0.5 if both have similar levels. What do you think?

Greetings!

L

Lag

I think he was talking about the "Shared experience" option when you are in a party, which u can enable by ctrl + click on yourself.
I don't remember if it works only for Pokemon experience or if it does for player too, but for pokemons it's really useful.
Well it actually works for both pokemon and player however like Raissa said it won't give any additional xp for your party, basically the xp will be shared equally between the party players who fit the level requirement which is gonna make them slowdown each others progress.I mean if you can do 500k of xp/h by yourself this will become 250 if you are leveling shared with a friend, I believe after the professions arrive it would be a good time to add this xp bonus.

waramus2

Reaction score
I like the idea of professions having a bonus, but the main point is about new players who are exploring the game together and the game penalizes them for that.

waramus2

Reaction score
To clarify my idea, the way i think it works now is:

If characters have similar levels:
- Exp shares equally between characters, getting 0.5 of the normal exp each
- Exp shares equally between pokemon parties, getting 0.5 of the normal exp each party (this is then distributed in different pokemons used by damage dealt)

My suggestion:

If characters have similar levels:
- Exp shares equally between characters, getting 0.7 of the normal exp each

If pokemon have similar levels:
- Exp shares equally between pokemon parties, getting 0.7 of the normal exp each party (this is then distributed in different pokemons used by damage dealt)

If both conditions are met, both but bonuses apply.

This way you don't break the system for leveling low levels in a party with a higher level pokemon. It basically makes similar level players have a bonus in their exp and makes similar level pokemon have a bonus in the pokemon exp. Another option for pokemon exp would be considering the average of levels of the pokemon used by each character and comparing if they are similar for the bonus.

If there are 3 players, it would be 0.6 exp, if there are 4 it would be 0.5. More than for 4 is just total exp divided by the number of people.

Back