What's new

Welcome!

Rebalance Houndoom/Shiny and Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoken

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I would like you to comment the current state of Houndoom and Shiny Houndoom.
In my opinion, the normal Houndoom has more effective attacks and stun than the Shiny, I think it would have to be rebalanced, since all the shinys tend to have better moves than their normal versions.

For example, the normal version has the Smokescreen (large area) and the Shiny Night Shade (small area).

--

Other question i wanted to comment its about Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.
As you now know, actually, the Hitmonlee are very useful, more than their direct rival Hitmonchan.

A rebalancing of both of them would be nice to be on par. For example, in my opinion it doesn't make sense that Hitmonlee (attack poke) has the "Protection" move and not Hitmonchan (defensive poke).

I think that to begin with, "Protection" should be exchanged for "Swagger", because Hitmonchan in Pokemon movie can protect yourself with fists, and in this case Hitmonlee would win a stun like Swagger.

With respect, it is only my opinion, I would appreciate your value.

Thank you very much
Regards

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
There will be no rebalancing done to houndoom since he does not need any change.

Smokescreen have same range as night shade the difference is that first one bypasses any prot/ref while dealing no dmg while second one deals dmg (shiny and mega due to that have feint in moveset to bypass prot = no chance for smokescreen)
I kinda wonder in which world normal one have better moves than shiny? Aoe wise instead of destiny bond he have snarl which can deal more dmg than destiny, blast burner that is faster than incinerate

In terms of hitmonlee/hitmonchan i would say that they also do not need any changes especially hitmonlee
Also lets be honest "defensive" and "attacking" pokemon in terms of stats does not mean almost anything there since their stats in games are not that different.
The only thing that maybe would make sense is giving better stun than swagger to hitmonchan to make him equal to hitmonlee (and not every pokemon needs protection quick guard with a high hp makes a pokemon a walking tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back