What's new

Welcome!

Rebalance and game mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraserarts

Reaction score
Hi all,

This might get a little long but I hope you read until the end, I'm fully aware that this suggestion will be controversial for some and flat out delusional for others, but hear me out.

I recently ran around 100+ water to get a catch of Blastoise (which took ~4k balls, 0.6% before extra chance :cautious:) and noticed that the spawn is extremely annoying to anything but dry skin/wonder guard/storm drain, why? Wartortle.

Before you jump the gun and say "go to the rebalance section and ask for Wartortle to be changed", lets consider why at this particular spawn Wartortle is a problem and why this isn't limited to only Wartortle.

- there is a lot of them, and when I say a lot its about 2-3x the amount of Blastoises in the spawn.
- Water Pledge, a multi-hit stun move that essentially locks up your pokemon for about 3 eternities any time the tutel decides you don't get to do anything.

A side note, there is also a few Golducks, who again have a multi-hit stun move, but there are only a few and while they make the problem worse in this instance, they wouldn't be a problem if not for Wartortle.

So where am I going with all this?
I got very annoyed by my 130 level pokes being 100-0'd by a bunch of low level turtles spamming the same move over and over, and because its multi-hit moves that create this problem its not easy to time a switch to another poke.

I'd like to propose a few solutions to this problem, not just the spawn per se, hoping at least one gets considered by the admins. These will be going from delusional and development time consuming to very possible simpler considerations for the future.

Delusional tier:

Make 130 level pokemon immune to low level pokemon stuns (say under 60s?), or give them the chance to dodge said stuns at some rate( 30%? 50%? kinda like dodge charm but only for stun moves). This will also incentivise using level 130s to hunt more in all spawns.

Controversial tier:

Make multi-hit stun moves like Water Pledge, Overgrowth? only apply a stun on one/first of its hits, therefore reducing the overall power of pokemon who have this move, this could mean a slight rebalance to some pokes and therefore is controversial on the amount of time said rebalance would take.

Plausible tier:

Remove multi-hit stun moves from non-final pokemon forms, therefore not changing the difficulty of harder spawns, where part of the difficulty is the advanced full movesets of final forms. This to me seems like a good balance that won't require any actual development time.

Minimalistic tier:

Consider not adding such moves on future rebalances and do nothing now. This is the least I would like the people responsible for rebalance to do, keep in mind that these rebalanced pokes will not only be used by players, but also have unlimited potential to spam their moveset against players, be it players who have access to 130 level pokes, or low levels just starting out and being barraged by stuns to their demise.

If you have made it this far, I thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion. I assume that there is little chance of any of this being considered for implementation, considering how busy most admins are, but I'd be delighted if it even makes its way onto their roadmap somewhere down the line in one form or another, or influences future rebalance decisions.

Kind Regards,
Eraser.

ninjakaban

Reaction score
Hi all,

This might get a little long but I hope you read until the end, I'm fully aware that this suggestion will be controversial for some and flat out delusional for others, but hear me out.

I recently ran around 100+ water to get a catch of Blastoise (which took ~4k balls, 0.6% before extra chance :cautious:) and noticed that the spawn is extremely annoying to anything but dry skin/wonder guard/storm drain, why? Wartortle.

Before you jump the gun and say "go to the rebalance section and ask for Wartortle to be changed", lets consider why at this particular spawn Wartortle is a problem and why this isn't limited to only Wartortle.

- there is a lot of them, and when I say a lot its about 2-3x the amount of Blastoises in the spawn.
- Water Pledge, a multi-hit stun move that essentially locks up your pokemon for about 3 eternities any time the tutel decides you don't get to do anything.

A side note, there is also a few Golducks, who again have a multi-hit stun move, but there are only a few and while they make the problem worse in this instance, they wouldn't be a problem if not for Wartortle.

So where am I going with all this?
I got very annoyed by my 130 level pokes being 100-0'd by a bunch of low level turtles spamming the same move over and over, and because its multi-hit moves that create this problem its not easy to time a switch to another poke.

I'd like to propose a few solutions to this problem, not just the spawn per se, hoping at least one gets considered by the admins. These will be going from delusional and development time consuming to very possible simpler considerations for the future.

Delusional tier:

Make 130 level pokemon immune to low level pokemon stuns (say under 60s?), or give them the chance to dodge said stuns at some rate( 30%? 50%? kinda like dodge charm but only for stun moves). This will also incentivise using level 130s to hunt more in all spawns.

Controversial tier:

Make multi-hit stun moves like Water Pledge, Overgrowth? only apply a stun on one/first of its hits, therefore reducing the overall power of pokemon who have this move, this could mean a slight rebalance to some pokes and therefore is controversial on the amount of time said rebalance would take.

Plausible tier:

Remove multi-hit stun moves from non-final pokemon forms, therefore not changing the difficulty of harder spawns, where part of the difficulty is the advanced full movesets of final forms. This to me seems like a good balance that won't require any actual development time.

Minimalistic tier:

Consider not adding such moves on future rebalances and do nothing now. This is the least I would like the people responsible for rebalance to do, keep in mind that these rebalanced pokes will not only be used by players, but also have unlimited potential to spam their moveset against players, be it players who have access to 130 level pokes, or low levels just starting out and being barraged by stuns to their demise.

If you have made it this far, I thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion. I assume that there is little chance of any of this being considered for implementation, considering how busy most admins are, but I'd be delighted if it even makes its way onto their roadmap somewhere down the line in one form or another, or influences future rebalance decisions.

Kind Regards,
Eraser.
U never been on Spot 200+ Water or even on Azalea Blasts/Greninjas spawn. It’s difficult of most of water spawns, it’s their difficulty at all. They won’t remove water pledge or metallic noise from Blast/Wartortle (they use to remove mechanics that lock-on in wild pokes won’t pull your Pokémon on the pve hunt but they won’t remove stuns form wilds) I know it’s difficult to hunt on such a places for low lvls (even if u use pokes with dry skin/storm drain etc) there is some tips for easier hunting for you that I can recommend (before they close this thread and for sure reject your ideas) tip 1: use Pokémon’s with petal healing of flora healing instead of storm drain so u cant got stunned but u will be vulnerable for scary face. 2: use shedinja xd 3: use star flute and more revives.

eraserarts

Reaction score
U never been on Spot 200+ Water or even on Azalea Blasts/Greninjas spawn. It’s difficult of most of water spawns, it’s their difficulty at all. They won’t remove water pledge or metallic noise from Blast/Wartortle (they use to remove mechanics that lock-on in wild pokes won’t pull your Pokémon on the pve hunt but they won’t remove stuns form wilds) I know it’s difficult to hunt on such a places for low lvls (even if u use pokes with dry skin/storm drain etc) there is some tips for easier hunting for you that I can recommend (before they close this thread and for sure reject your ideas) tip 1: use Pokémon’s with petal healing of flora healing instead of storm drain so u cant got stunned but u will be vulnerable for scary face. 2: use shedinja xd 3: use star flute and more revives.
I'm unsure why you are adamant that I haven't been to 200+ water, or that I don't already use a shedinja or pokes with floral healing, that I somehow made you think I was talking about Blastioise being a problem, or that this suggestion will be closed, I'm doubtful whether you have even read it all. You sir have made a lot of assumptions and I'm not sure how to react without making some of my own, you should re-evaluate your reply and maybe come back with a more open-minded approach another time, after you have taken the time to read it properly, or at all.

Thanks for the tips and your input.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello,
I understand your frustration, but spawns MUST have some difficulties, I am sorry, but I have to reject all of your suggestions, either deal with it, game is already easy. I recommend you to use flutes or berries (as far as I remember there is one that gives immunity to stuns).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back