What's new

Welcome!

Plans for next months!

Kirmelius

Reaction score
I like the idea of MB being a totaly end game content for few best players, but I realy think that requirements should be different for Diamon and Platinum. Don't get me wrong but double experience and +1 to catch multiplier gives huge advantage after you put it all together.
In my opinion experience requirement should be at least 50% higher for Platinum (with exp ticket Diamond has x2 rate and Platinum x3 so 50% more sounds fair to me). Not only you get experience faster but Platinum is also less populated what makes it much easier for people to find a decent place to hunt in peace.
I have no idea how to fix catch matter, it doesn't make much of a difference for very rare catches since both worlds most likely have to get to the bonus rate but starting from rare the easier catch it is the faster you will get it on Platinum what makes grinding to 650 a lot less time consuming. At this point I don't even feel motivated to try catching when I see people throwing 2-3-4k balls on some random "rare" pokemons that doesn't even have bonus rate like Skiplum, Flaffy or Nincada.
About limiting catch possibility, I don't realy thing that reward for such high effort achievement should have any limitation other than 1 use per character/account. Saying that "mythical" pokemons are going to be excluded is like telling me that Catch Charm > Master Ball. 0 effort to get it (just cash) and time to spend on the spawn. Sometimes a lot of time like in Billy or Khormes cases but surely less time than getting all requirements for MB.
Overal the whole idea sounds realy interesting and it is something that could make me start playing seriously again but not in current state.

I totaly agree with years of "playing" is not a valid requrement. Too bad noone thought about it when Mega Stone achievement was added so now people who have a friend account that was AFK for 9 years is considered more loyal to the game and can get nice rewards but people like me who got almost 5 years of constantly putting premium on accounts got middle finger and 4 more years of waiting. But nothing can be done about it so ignore this part, just a little "cry" here.

I don't agree with an idea of making it harder for platinum players just so it's "equal" in both servers. I don't really understand the point that diamond players are trying to make when they're comparing the servers. The way I'm seeing the situation an offer was on the table: a new server with better rates and zero progress or an old server with regular rates but your old progress. A player made a choice after thinking in which server would they have more fun playing. I think it's hypocritical to get salty and ask for an easier time after you had a fair and square offer you refused to take. In the end the game is all about having fun. If you're not having fun anymore and it's getting frustrating perhaps you should consider changing servers instead of making it worse for hundreds of people playing on a different server than you. How is making things harder for platinum make the experience of playing in diamonds better?

Shouya

Reaction score
I like the idea of MB being a totaly end game content for few best players, but I realy think that requirements should be different for Diamon and Platinum. Don't get me wrong but double experience and +1 to catch multiplier gives huge advantage after you put it all together.
In my opinion experience requirement should be at least 50% higher for Platinum (with exp ticket Diamond has x2 rate and Platinum x3 so 50% more sounds fair to me). Not only you get experience faster but Platinum is also less populated what makes it much easier for people to find a decent place to hunt in peace.
I have no idea how to fix catch matter, it doesn't make much of a difference for very rare catches since both worlds most likely have to get to the bonus rate but starting from rare the easier catch it is the faster you will get it on Platinum what makes grinding to 650 a lot less time consuming. At this point I don't even feel motivated to try catching when I see people throwing 2-3-4k balls on some random "rare" pokemons that doesn't even have bonus rate like Skiplum, Flaffy or Nincada.
About limiting catch possibility, I don't realy thing that reward for such high effort achievement should have any limitation other than 1 use per character/account. Saying that "mythical" pokemons are going to be excluded is like telling me that Catch Charm > Master Ball. 0 effort to get it (just cash) and time to spend on the spawn. Sometimes a lot of time like in Billy or Khormes cases but surely less time than getting all requirements for MB.
Overal the whole idea sounds realy interesting and it is something that could make me start playing seriously again but not in current state.

I respect that you acknowledge some of the very rare pokes are hard to catch where it doesn't matter on which server it is. This will probably start a shitstorm even if I didn't intend it, but not in a single aspect can I agree with your point of view.

Let's start with the question, why does it matter if diamond and platinum have different requirements considering the MB quest? Would it be abusable? Can some people really grind these things on their alts concering the server rates? I don't think so. Can it be traded via servers? Does it also matter because diamond to plat rates are 1:2 so it would still be double the cheaper compared to diamond's, without looking at the current inflation that's happening on platinum.

Now let's get to the point of requirements. In which perspective do you really think platinum players have it easier? Where there are more free spawns so people can focus on exping? What kind of argument is that, pretty nonsensical when you know yourself that people who play PA have different goals, some may focus on leveling and reach the level 450, but what about the catches? If he's not a catcher, do you think he would manage to get 650+ catches in a short amount of time? As a catcher myself, my goals in PA are in this order: catches>cards>achievements>collection of pokes>others. So when my main goal is to "catch'em all" do you really think I would fry my brain with countless hours of exping when I haven't spent a day in PA for the past 10 years focusing solely on experience of the character. Even with me constantly focusing on catch, my current 465 is not that high considering how much I have no-lifed or camped some of the current spawns, since of course that's my main goal and that number is the most important one for me in this game.

Turning back to the other requirements. Okay let's say some people do focus on both catch and leveling, what about the rest of requirements? Cards? Since I've been gathering cards as well, and I know how painful it is to spend hours to try to drop a regular card like abra or drowzee (yes, I've spent days trying to drop each of them), I don't think that requirement is easy as well if you consider people don't do achievements like I do where you can get "free" cards.

About tapus access I don't even have to talk about, I wanted to stab my eyes with forks while doing decidueye task, yes primarina is easier now but I camped 3x spawn of it also. And I haven't even seen Lele's tasks yet.

Achievements +-, it depends how many and how hard they are for the MB quest.

And then there's this zygarde cells, since I've heard about it, I haven't cared in the slightest about the cells, and I can bet that 95% of the servers would agree with me on this one. Even when all cells are released, do you really think that these 95% of people would suddenly say "okay time to hunt zygarde cells", even if that is the case 50 zygarde cells is not a joke. Some people play this game casually, not sure if I can consider myself as one since I tend to find the game boring if I'm not trying my best, but I also play for few months then rest from it because a lot of things simply bore me and I don't feel like doing what I originally planned. And when you look at total of all this sum I can literally name less than 5 players on platinum that would actually try to get the MB, and even if they did manage it would be totally deserved (you can make jokes that we don't even have more players than that).

Now let's do the retrospection, why do we need to adjust the requirements specifically for platinum? The way this is mentioned I can only see it as envy towards platinum players where they have it easier so let's fuck them up by making it harder. If I decided to play on platinum to take it easier, why didn't you too? If you feel like struggling go ahead keep playing there, but don't point fingers at platinum players just to ruin something for them, if this post was to make things for diamond easier I'd understand, but you're just trying to make it harder for platinum for what reason? It doesn't even concern you since you don't play here. And you don't really have the right to comment on what's easier and what's not since you haven't played on platinum, most of the game is RNG anyway, rates don't make much of a difference.

Tsotss

Reaction score
The way I'm seeing the situation an offer was on the table: a new server with better rates and zero progress or an old server with regular rates but your old progress. A player made a choice after thinking in which server would they have more fun playing.

Part of me is with Inko - maybe not to make things on Platinum much harder, but some differences between worlds should be considered (maybe just level case - lower on Diamond a bit or something, don't know). Actually worth to remember that not everyone on Platinum started from 0. Some people came from Pearl with everything what they got, just for 50 diamonds, where Diamond players never had that chance. So these players had easier start on Platinum server what made them easier way to be much better with better rates (maybe not in catch - it is mostly luck factory for me). I am not against Platinum server or players, cuz some of you are really amazing so don't take it this way.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Part of me is with Inko - maybe not to make things on Platinum much harder, but some differences between worlds should be considered (maybe just level case - lower on Diamond a bit or something, don't know). Actually worth to remember that not everyone on Platinum started from 0. Some people came from Pearl with everything what they got, just for 50 diamonds, where Diamond players never had that chance. So these players had easier start on Platinum server what made them easier way to be much better with better rates (maybe not in catch - it is mostly luck factory for me). I am not against Platinum server or players, cuz some of you are really amazing so don't take it this way.

I can personally agree with something like this, because making it harder for Platinum players, just because the handful of people who got here from Pearl, is, in my opinion, unfair to people who left their characters a long time ago.

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
I think the requirements have to be the same for both servers, but it has to be done with Diamond players in mind, who have most players and the lowest rates.

Currently (in our plan table) it requires:
catch (650-680) = I think 650 is enought and add minimo de caughts very rare, about 50-60 very rares pokes
level (450) = level 400-450
350 regular cards= ok
1 very rare card (can be obtained from monthly LT, contests, tournaments, sometimes mini events) = i dont like this one, but ok too
5 rare cards = ok
7 trainer cards (can be obtained from other achievements)
having done alola school quest = ok
50 zygarde cells = ok
having earned "professional archeologist" achievement (which requires all fossil quests) -> this one requires other achievements too = ok
access to tapu koko/tapu lele = ok

I think level 400-450 is enought, we dont 10 players level 400+ in Diamond or Platinum.

About caughts, i think 650 is enought including the very rare minimum of caughts, something around 50-60 is fine. I currently have 629 caughts and with the pokemons available to be caught today, myself playing every day, I could not get the 650 caught this year probably.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
If the purpose would be to have "equal" servers, they would be created equal from the beginning.
So I think the purpose is to offer 2 "different options" for players, however in terms of quests all should be the same, because it is the same game.
Honestly, I dont get the point of discussing the balancing of different/isolated servers...

demzpacito

Reaction score
I think all arguments have been disclosed and its up to staff decide it now. I really hope guys from diamond (and staff obviously xd) understand that raising requirements for plat players would increase 0% Diamond players' gaming experience, as Kirmelius pointed out. And after all, what's the point of going to an "easier" server if achievements are harder?

Regardless of all that, I just wanted to state that guys like you, Tsots and Inko, are forever welcome in Platinum, and if you ever decide to change you can always rely on me for any kind of help

stin stauer

Reaction score
Plans for a new mega Stone in the daily login? This month we complete 100 tokens for mega loppuny, it would be nice if the next tokens could count as tokens for a new mega, regards

Ludacha

Reaction score
No please, even 1 is more than enough, rather put some other reward like some type of balls that are useful

Totaly agree,no thanks for those megas...give chanse for some other,i would rather like to se cloned/shiny box or as Krey said,maybe some bigger ammount of unique balls,also maybe kb/jb/hb 4?

Lord Malboro

Reaction score
No new mega is going to be added to daily. We will keep lopunny tokens for those, that started daily later and we might additionally let you change x tokens into tms or smth else.

Hello, not wanting to bother, but already bothering, is there any prediction for tokens to be exchanged for TM's or others?

Back