What's new

Welcome!

Noctowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Its type is Normal/Flying. It has 6 Psychic move, 1 fairy and 3 fly. Moveset looks good enough to exp. We can easily do it on ghost pokemons, but why I am wrtiting about it. Personally its kinda bad it hasnt any normal move and fly aren't so good as we can have ( Sky Drop is good enough ). Therefore I would like to suggest some changes, which could improve exp on grass pokemons and maybe will be more usable. I won't remove Psychic zone from it, couse it could make it worse and its little linked to Noctowl.

Current moveset:
1. Peck
2. Future Sight
3. Hypnosis
4. Dream Eater
5. Moon Blast
6. Feather Dance
7. Sky Drop
8. Synchronoise
10. Reflect

My changes:
1. Future Sight for Return
2. If is possible - remove Hurricane/Fascade from TM learnest and exchange with Psycho Shift.

With changes:
1. Peck
2. Return
3. Hypnosis
4. Dream Eater
5. Moon Blast
6. Feather Dance
7. Sky Drop
8. Synchronoise
9. Hurricane/Fascade
10. Reflect

Maybe these changes aren't so big, but could little improve its type.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Noctowl's type is normal/flying but most of its moveset is psychic/flying. It's either according to bulbapedia (so to the games) and also from what I remember, in anime it was mostly flying/psychic.
Imo it's better adventage for it
first of all because there are more options to exp (fighting, venusaurs, gengars, poisons) + bugs with improved flying side.
Giving it return instead of psychic spell isn't a good idea.

Tsotss

Reaction score
I thought Return can make Noctowl worse and it will do in exp side, but as a target move would be good to "trim" almost all kind of types (except Ghost/Steel/Rock). Also if someone will use it on duels - Return could little help vs electro/ice types. I won't say Noctowl is bad. Is good, but as I said, I suggested it to make its althought fly type better (if Return won't be here). Still its psychic type will be rich in moves. It still will have Synchronoise whats its one of the best Psychic attack.

Maick Skile

Reaction score
man remove Dream Eater and put roost
remove hypnosis and put confusion

Psycho Shift do not hurt

Last edited:

mmarvim

Reaction score
Talking about noctowl

IMO noctowl's HP should be boosted, it have way low hp than pokes without healing skill, and dream eater don't heal thaat much.

mmarvim

Reaction score
Noctowl's type is normal/flying but most of its moveset is psychic/flying. It's either according to bulbapedia (so to the games) and also from what I remember, in anime it was mostly flying/psychic.
Imo it's better adventage for it
first of all because there are more options to exp (fighting, venusaurs, gengars, poisons) + bugs with improved flying side.
Giving it return instead of psychic spell isn't a good idea.

Boomburst to TM's learneset is possible?

Reaction score
Bump, do you still have your eyes on it? Actually, Noctowl, atm, isn't a worse pkm, but i guess it could recieve a little improvement. IMO, the addition of return move isn't a bad idea, but once you don't guess so. Could you make its list of TMs a little more alternative, without necessarily, with not only flying and normal movements? (mostly). I mean, smth like Rain Dance, even Psyblast to it tmlearnset?

Tsotss

Reaction score
Hi!

I know its old thread, but if exists why don't use it, instead of creating new one.

I really like all changes and so, but Noctowl isn't anyhow usable, only by low level players for a known cause. Its lack of good moves doesn't encourage players to have it on resp or something.

Current moveset (+ Whirlwind in passive):

m23JjpF.png

It has only 4 AoE spells (with passive), where 3 aren't so good and 2 of them easily can be missed. I would really like to see something better in its side. I know it has Reflect in moveset but it doesn't solve its problem.

I'd like to suggest giving to its moveset Tornado/Hurricane instead of Sky Drop (if aren't many of these moves as a TMs) or anything. Maybe something other could be done, but to be honest that change would make it a bit better, really.

Hope you could consider do something in Noctowl case, thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back