What's new

Welcome!

New raid system

Sylwanek

Reaction score
Hi, I am writing this post because in my opinion I have a good idea which would be the best when it comes to the raid system.
We all know that the prizes are won by the same people all the time. A lot of people complained about it, etc. that's why I came up with the idea whether it might not do a loot like in tibi. The idea was that, for example, everyone has a chance to loot the best items only that the more% you ask, the greater the chance of loot, it would speed up killing raids and certainly many more people would go to them
of course not that someone for the greatest damage and lasta have nothing, I would add something like that last and greatest damage
They would have, for example, 100% for some tm and 5 additional percent to the best raid reward, of course, the rest of their percentages to the dmg would also be calculated as for normal players who did not give either the last damage or the best damage.In my opinion this will be fair for everyone :) Pozdrawiam.

Last edited:

ghosthero42

Reaction score
I don't know how they do it but it should definitely change
my opinion is that among those who exceed a certain damage rate, the system should roll a dice and dispense random rewards
thus, participation in events will increase and players who do not have enough strength will not be offended by the game
I've been on my mind for a long time I was wondering how other people think it's good :magihype:

ghosthero42

Reaction score
3 people we raid for example the most hitting 51%
I would hit 48% too
you come and make the last shot
justice ????

Kuiyt

Reaction score
should be change...in platinum all play for one person XDXDXD

A

Albuquerque

Saying to improve the player's skills is shameful. It is almost impossible to compete with people who have the team completely shiny, mega, cloned and using smart candy in all pokémons on the team. I believe there should be a limit on smart candy as it exists in life orb, not 1 of course.

I don't think a change in the loot system is a bad thing, people in Tibia have not always complained a lot about the new method that was inserted, where everyone has the chance to drop rare or very rare items in certain bosses, and there is still a chance that more than a single player drops the same item. This would help new and low level players to be able to win something in raids, considering that in most raids you only see the same people every time.

Perhaps a change in the boss loots that have a higher value drop item would be perfect for balancing the economy, gameplay and other things for many players. For example: if a boss shows that he can drop 8 TMs, let drop it at least 50% of them randomly to those who participated in the raid. If a boss shows that he can drop helds very rare leave with% chance of falling for those who did most damage or last hit and also add% chance of drop item randomly, or % chance of drop more than one held/tm/item between players. I think its possible to make a system similar to Tibia and everyone stays happy.

Neelix

Banned user
Reaction score
Saying to improve the player's skills is shameful. It is almost impossible to compete with people who have the team completely shiny, mega, cloned and using smart candy in all pokémons on the team. I believe there should be a limit on smart candy as it exists in life orb, not 1 of course.

I don't think a change in the loot system is a bad thing, people in Tibia have not always complained a lot about the new method that was inserted, where everyone has the chance to drop rare or very rare items in certain bosses, and there is still a chance that more than a single player drops the same item. This would help new and low level players to be able to win something in raids, considering that in most raids you only see the same people every time.

Perhaps a change in the boss loots that have a higher value drop item would be perfect for balancing the economy, gameplay and other things for many players. For example: if a boss shows that he can drop 8 TMs, let drop it at least 50% of them randomly to those who participated in the raid. If a boss shows that he can drop helds very rare leave with% chance of falling for those who did most damage or last hit and also add% chance of drop item randomly, or % chance of drop more than one held/tm/item between players. I think its possible to make a system similar to Tibia and everyone stays happy.

Well, I know at least 5-10 cheap pokemons worth max to 100k that are enough good to make most dmg with them xd Making limit for smart candies wouldnt change anything too, because its even possible to win boss with just 1 pokemon, and about what u said, using smart candies in all pokemons is not necessery. Well, its not bragging or something, but i think I have better experience in boss hunting than you, so, treat it like expressing opinion. Thing that i agree with you, is maybe 1 random average item for someone in hunt list, but its enough in my opinion, because for now its possible to loot sh charm/meowth bait by making last hit(which is mostly random, its very difficult to hit as last when there are 30 players on raid xd) And about first sentence, why its shameful? its good advice, not clear one, but i think its good advice, if you are repeating your mistake everytime, you will never make most damage.
Regards.

Ryouta

Reaction score
i see some players winning some raids using 1 poke with life orb or black belt, so i see no reasons to change anything, u can win some rewards with the last hit if u dont have the best pokes for raids or smarts candy, its simple, do u to want win all raids? study the boss and some pokes for win and be the best that all players

lorensillo

Reaction score

Just like ryotha says, in most of the raids all of the players who usually deal the most damage, get used to spam revives to 1 or 2 pokemons as much, is not necessary to have a full shiny/mega team as u say, and if you want to improve your skills, you can do what all the players who right now deal the higher damages did, instead of complaining, try study what's the best for each raid, what the other players use, and spend a lot of time in test room checking which pokemons are good and not so expensive, and if a pokemon its too expensive or you just don't want to spent money, try to improve your timing at the last hit, there was an unmentionable player who use to go just for that, and he learn how to do it very well.

More than a change, I would suggest a improve to the loot of the next 2-3 most damages, maybe with a cheaper tm/held comparing to most and last hit, greetings

A

Albuquerque

Well, I know at least 5-10 cheap pokemons worth max to 100k that are enough good to make most dmg with them xd Making limit for smart candies wouldnt change anything too, because its even possible to win boss with just 1 pokemon, and about what u said, using smart candies in all pokemons is not necessery. Well, its not bragging or something, but i think I have better experience in boss hunting than you, so, treat it like expressing opinion. Thing that i agree with you, is maybe 1 random average item for someone in hunt list, but its enough in my opinion, because for now its possible to loot sh charm/meowth bait by making last hit(which is mostly random, its very difficult to hit as last when there are 30 players on raid xd) And about first sentence, why its shameful? its good advice, not clear one, but i think its good advice, if you are repeating your mistake everytime, you will never make most damage.
Regards.

-

I'm glad you "think" you have more experience than I do, because you don't know me well enough to know that. I mentioned some examples of using helds or shiny, mega, cloned because most players think that it is just that. I know that limiting is not going to change that much, but maybe it is something to think about. It's shameful because of the way you talk. Except that we clearly see that you didn't understand the thread and changes proposal, it is not something that will change immediately because it is not up to me or you but yes the staff decide together with the community and opinions must be heard. Maybe if things changed you would see more than 30 players (including low level) on raid trying to get a chance to drop something and not always the same players.
Regards~

@Ryouta @Lourensillo I know these things that you mentioned, but many players don't, but other people just underestimate the idea of a slight change that may be positive, because they know that they may end up harming them a little, and it ends up being a "team that is winning doesn't change". And I also believe that the purpose of the thread would be changes in the way of dropping, as it is clear that we see raids with bosses that have the chance to drop several tms and sometimes don't drop any or drop only the worst of all.

ZeroOfTheEnd

Reaction score
There have been many discussions and threads, since then nothing has changed, always the same people who benefit from the system will try to defend it, saying things like "study the bosses", "improve your skill", "try to do last hit". Stop telling stories, it is evident that a person who has been winning 90% of the raids in which he participates for years, is going to have a capital much higher than someone who does not; capital to invest in improving his team for each of the different raids. Above all when you can win up to +5kk in a single raid several times a month, which the rest would cost months to get.

I think its a joke that a raid system is allowed that ends up giving so much power to a person, that practically reigns the server, as much as to be able to buy anything without having to do any event such as exclusive shinys. There are even people who believe that because they spend 18 hours a day playing, they have priority and that is why they deserve to win the raids, ...congratulations! you will end up playing alone. An MMO must be competitive, but at the same time it must allow others players to progress, the only thing that the current system will do is benefit more and more those who are in top of the game increasing the gap more.
For the "top" people you already have other things like pvp tournaments (oh wait you dont need, you will buy the reward directly to winners right?),in my opinion all participants should have at least a minimum percentage of dropping based on the damage done, in this way at least the loot would be more distributed, in adittion I find it embarrassing that there are people who decide not to go to any raid because they do not have the slightest chance or they have lost all hopes. Imagine this above for new players how frustrating it must be, it sure encourages them to continue playing.

Greetings

Dagugo

Reaction score
i got a very simple idea i hope, just the winner of the last raid cant drop the best price in next 2-3 raids, this way you will see every 3-4 raids different people winning them, and idk, could be done by 2 ways, for automatic raids and manually raids.

EDIT: also giving a random reward for those people that does more than X damage instead of last damege, this avoid people going only for last damage

Last edited:
A

Albuquerque

i got a very simple idea i hope, just the winner of the last raid cant drop the best price in next 2-3 raids, this way you will see every 3-4 raids different people winning them, and idk, could be done by 2 ways, for automatic raids and manually raids.

Its a nice idea, but he can easily go to another character and try to win again and again, most of them has more than 3 chars 130+ and I think doing it the same way 1 per ip/account as with events or achievements to apply something they will not like it.

Dagugo

Reaction score
Its a nice idea, but he can easily go to another character and try to win again and again, most of them has more than 3 chars 130+ and I think doing it the same way 1 per ip/account as with events or achievements to apply something they will not like it.

i guess is possible to block by IP or something like that, it has been done in events and etc

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
Last i've seen this topic being debated was here:http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?43981-Awards-only-for-the-richest

there are good arguments from people who, for years, kept studying the game doing the boring stuff to know what does hit more on what, there's also people who kinda said "i dont want to get better, i want the system to change so i can win something randomly", and there's also my point, which to this date still stands:
I couldn't disagree more with it. Unfairness to me is a casual player or beginner believing he should have same chances as someone who study raids, pokes movesets, damages, strategies etc. Nothing stops you from getting same pokes/helds/etc as him, all you gotta do is put your effort on it like he did.
this right here. i was never that much into raids, i tried but i was like most players, going with a random poke with advantage to the boss and hitting it. then i realized if i wanted to beat the best i would have to study either what they do, or which poke would be best against that very boss. nothing stops nobody from getting the same pokes as the raid winners, sure it might take some time/effort/investment, but you CAN reach the same level. raids should be a reward for effort, we got luck based things everywhere else(in raids too with last hit). If X got a charm, go for it. if Y got a good raid poke, go for it. it might take a while, but someday you will get there. just don't expect to win a raid using a lapras 90 against a darkrai.

Question is: why would i aim to be the best on raids if prizes are random and i could lose for someone who didnt put that much effort on it as i did?
(keep in mind that this already happen with last hitters, so even tho you didnt win most, you still could win the biggest prize as happened so many times in the past)

what i do agree tho is to rebalance some raids loots(poor groudon with his mud bomb), and give at least something valuable to participants(revives are wasted like water), like 1 rare candy or something.

Raids are one of the few things in this game that actually requires you to grind HARD. You have to learn which pokemon hits more, which held is best, which charm could help and spend hours on test room, grind for X pokemon/tm/held to MAYBE get something good cause you could lose the main prize for someone who did 0.9 damage on a last hit.

Last edited:

rhess

Reaction score
I think the current raid system is good, rewarding those who put all their efforts into having what they have now and learning what they know.

1RxNLq3.png

And sometimes it also depends on luck, it is a balanced system.
Something they could do to improve it is like some people already mentioned adding more cheap tms.

vulpixlove

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I understand each point but here comes my opinion:

If someone want to win a boss have to study dmg of the pokes, which moves are good for each boss,which held are good as some people said. But I find a problem about helds that i'll explain, it comes to my mind that if someone want to have the best helds to win some raids, they simply have to compete against players who have 6 smart candies already on his team and they are more likely to win, like a chain wining more smart candies.So, players who dont have at least 1 smart candy probably hope to give the last hit at least, in this case against mew boss or they can get this held in some event, buying it or from held box and we can say this is a minimun possibility.

So, imo Smart Candies should be limited(maybe 3?), some say it wouldn't change much but I think it would, probably the same people will be winning or maybe diferent people, who knows, but with this would be more opportunity for others to win it too, it shouldnt be easy either.

Also, I agree the idea of improving the loot in general and giving the possibility to the next 2-3 most dmgs to win cheaper things as Lorensillo said.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Last i've seen this topic being debated was here:http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?43981-Awards-only-for-the-richest

there are good arguments from people who, for years, kept studying the game doing the boring stuff to know what does hit more on what, there's also people who kinda said "i dont want to get better, i want the system to change so i can win something randomly", and there's also my point, which to this date still stands:

Raids are one of the few things in this game that actually requires you to grind HARD. You have to learn which pokemon hits more, which held is best, which charm could help and spend hours on test room, grind for X pokemon/tm/held to MAYBE get something good cause you could lose the main prize for someone who did 0.9 damage on a last hit.

I'm 100% in agreement with this.

There are many more dynamics than just "expensive pokemons" and "life orb/smart candies".

Besides, it seems that Shiny Celebi raids were replaced by Shiny Ho-oh raids. This actually made it easier for any player to get goodies and capitalize on that.

Back