What's new

Welcome!

New moves for Pokémon(Move Tutor or new role for Professions)

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
New moves for Pokémon(Move Tutor or new role for Professions)

Something that I always wanted in the game was to be able to put certain movements that I like a lot in some Pokémon, movements that I believe that would be incredible in some Pokes, but unfortunately they are not available in the form of Tms or even do not exist yet. Examples: Feel stinger, fling, fiery tornado, flutterby ,summarizing all the movements of the type water tornado (that pull), those in the format of the bullet seed, those in the format of imprision or fling , and has several others! Not to mention movements that could be created (I want geomancy and imprisonment of all kinds) (I'm only thinking of movements in area, but there are movements of target and focused on pvp)

I will give two ideas to make this maybe possible and wanted your opinion/suggestions to improve these ideas.

First Idea (Move Tutor)

In Nintendo's pokemon games (red, green, Crystal, Diamond, sun and moon and etc) Pokemon can learn moves by level up, TMs(Technical Machine) and by Mover tutor. Here in PA we already have the first two xD , my idea would be to implement the mover tutor system .
The Mover tutor are NPCs that can teach a new move to your Pokémon, they do this sometimes for free, charging money, certain points or items, passing missions or tasks. (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor)

But how do I think Mover Tutors could be introduced in the PA?

They could create different NPCs in different places (from easy access places to places inside quests or that need level 100, 150 ,200 ,300), they could pass totally different and new missions and tasks or even similar to the npc Sheeptoos from TM Task and they could also sell the moves for points, money or trade for items.(or a mix of all of the above )

When you complete the mission or task, or whatever the NPC ask you, he would teach the movement to your Pokémon, this movement would occupy one of the Tm slots (tm1 or tm2) .
The differentiator of this system to TMs is that the move will be taught directly to your Pokémon i.e. you will not be able to sell the move (but you will be able to sell the Pokémon that learned the move).Tms, on the other hand, can be dropped or obtained in TM cases or through the Mover Task.
Tms, on the other hand, can be discarded or obtained in TM cases or through the TM Task, these moves would be taught exclusively by the Mover Tutor, making them rarer and more exclusive. (The moves taught by Mover Tutors would be exclusive to them, there would not be a TM version)

(Another idea maybe more practical for programming, would be that the moves of the Mover Tutors would be TMs linked to the player, thus making it impossible to be commercialized, keeping the proposal of being more exclusive moves (this way making possible that any move can be taught by a Npc Mover Tutor))

Second Idea (New Function for Professions)

The second idea is much simpler, but it can be very interesting for professions! Each profession would have the ability to create new TMs (of movements that already exist or that can be created) related to the types of their profession, for example the Hydrologist profession, would manufacture new Tms of the type water and ice.

I believe both ideas are good and can make the game more interesting and fun, and I also think both can become real! Diversifying even more the Pokémon's movements and also bringing another novelty that could come with professions!

If you've read this far, thank you very much for your attention and sorry for the translator's english. squirtlelove

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score
Something that I always wanted in the game was to be able to put certain movements that I like a lot in some Pokémon, movements that I believe that would be incredible in some Pokes, but unfortunately they are not available in the form of Tms or even do not exist yet. Examples: Feel stinger, fling, fiery tornado, flutterby ,summarizing all the movements of the type water tornado (that pull), those in the format of the bullet seed, those in the format of imprision or fling , and has several others! Not to mention movements that could be created (I want geomancy and imprisonment of all kinds) (I'm only thinking of movements in area, but there are movements of target and focused on pvp)

I will give two ideas to make this maybe possible and wanted your opinion/suggestions to improve these ideas.

First Idea (Move Tutor)

In Nintendo's pokemon games (red, green, Crystal, Diamond, sun and moon and etc) Pokemon can learn moves by level up, TMs(Technical Machine) and by Mover tutor. Here in PA we already have the first two xD , my idea would be to implement the mover tutor system .
The Mover tutor are NPCs that can teach a new move to your Pokémon, they do this sometimes for free, charging money, certain points or items, passing missions or tasks. (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor)

But how do I think Mover Tutors could be introduced in the PA?
They could create different NPCs in different places (from easy access places to places inside quests or that need level 100, 150 ,200 ,300), they could pass totally different and new missions and tasks or even similar to the npc Sheeptoos from TM Task and they could also sell the moves for points, money or trade for items.(or a mix of all of the above )

When you complete the mission or task, or whatever the NPC ask you, he would teach the movement to your Pokémon, this movement would occupy one of the Tm slots (tm1 or tm2) . The differential of this system to the TMs is that the movement will be taught directly to your Pokémon, that is you could not sell the movement (but you can sell the Pokémon that learned the movement), and also the Tms can be dropped or obtained in TM cases or through the TM Task, these movements would be exclusively taught by the Mover tutor, thus making them more rare and exclusive.

Second Idea (New Function for Professions)

The second idea is much simpler, but it can be very interesting for professions! Each profession would have the ability to create new TMs (of movements that already exist or that can be created) related to the types of their profession, for example the Hydrologist profession, would manufacture new Tms of the type water and ice.

I believe both ideas are good and can make the game more interesting and fun, and I also think both can become real! Diversifying even more the Pokémon's movements and also bringing another novelty that could come with professions!

If you've read this far, thank you very much for your attention and sorry for the translator's english. squirtlelove

about creating tms according to each profession would be nice a lower requirement on tm tasks based on profession, for example:

if it takes 10k of pokemon to receive the tm, the task would ask only 8k on tms related to the profession

Tsotss

Reaction score
about creating tms according to each profession would be nice a lower requirement on tm tasks based on profession, for example:

if it takes 10k of pokemon to receive the tm, the task would ask only 8k on tms related to the profession

Agree, that is also what I have suggested in Fighter's thread. Hope it would be applied cuz it would be quite nice I think.

I would like to make a suggestion something to TM tasks including every professions and their types.

So if player choose any of profession, would get a benefit like 10% less to defeat pokemon of total number to end TM task. Below an example:

if player is a Fighter, then it would needed to defeat 10% less pokemons which are required to end fire/fight TM task, for example - player is a Fighter and chose Reversal TM Task where is needed to defeat 8000 Primeapes, so thanks to this benefit the player would need to defeat 90% of total number, so it would be 7200 Primeapes to end TM task.

This could be added to every profession and their types.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Dp0M9Vb.png

http://www.padventures.org/forum/sh...ussion-amp-Suggestions&highlight=guild+system

guild system is still in plans

Back