What's new

Welcome!

Mega\Gigantamax Suggestion

Billy hatake

Reaction score
Hello dear community.

I know this kind of thread has been denied a few times, but im here once again

Currently the mega system is something fun, but with the amount of megas and gigantamax pokemons, sometimes you need to give up a pokemon to use another and that is extremely understandable.

My suggestion would be this:

Possibility to use 2 mega pokemons at the same time

Possibility to use 2 gigantamax pokemons at the same time

Possibility to use 1 mega pokemon and 1 gigantamax pokemon at the same time

using two mega\gigantamax pokemons would not unbalance the game. we currently have shiny pokemons better than mega pokemons, so this would not affect anything on respaw or in raid.

Some people use 2 mega pokemons in a duel (I don't know if this is a bug or not) and I don't see any problem with that.

This change would make people use the mega system even more and consequently they would have a new objective in the game, making these people dedicate themselves even more to getting new mega stones

Feel free to write something about this thread so that together we can form a better idea.

Last edited:

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
Another important point for me, is about the shared cooldown, many times we are using a mega evolution, and happens a raid or simply need to change respawn, but we can not simply change the mega we are using for another, because of the shared cooldown.

Today we have many megas available in the game, not to mention the gigantamax that so far are only two, but that the number in the future may reach 32 different Gigantamax. It is a huge number of options for the system to be as limited as it is today.

My suggestion remains the same as in my old topic about megas:
- Individual cooldown for each mega evolution and gigantamax,
- Allow each player to only have one Mega or Gigantamax active at a time in their team of 6 Pokemon. ( The game has a system that limits the use of certain helds items to 1 at a time, right?

Example: Life Orb that the game does not allow us to have 2 equipped in the team.
If we try to equip two life orbs, we get the following message -> 11:59 [Held items system]: You are already carrying too many Pokemons with: Life Orb.
If the Pokemon with the life orb are in the deport and we try to pass both to the Pokemon case, we get the same message stopping us.

ps: I still dream of being able to mega evolve Pokemon shinys ! Not for their power, but for their beauty! Have you seen how beautiful Mega Metagross and Gardevoir shinys are?

Jeroxx

Reaction score
It seems interesting to me, but in what you say in raids/respaw take 2 megabytes (you don't have fingers and you don't win) there would already be an inequality.

If you're right about something, it's that there are brilliant ones that are better than megas, what would be "ideal" is that they rebalance in megas, something that we'll wait for years (like professions).

Taking out 2 megabytes in raids seems very broken to me, there are 2 max 3 megabytes that have good damage and for raids with only having 1 you gain a percentage of damage, imagine having 2, something outrageously stupid...

The issue of the gigantamax let's say something "new" but this time with the gigantamax they stood out 10/10 (there are 3 by the way Carlos Eduardo). The gigantamax kingler, butter and alcremie have; good base damage, and Hp would even say these are better than existing megs.
In conclusion, 2 megabytes for incursions/respaw seems very broken to me, but for duels I think it would be fine, although preferably a rebalancing to megabytes would not be bad, it seems that they are just for decoration

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
It seems interesting to me, but in what you say in raids/respaw take 2 megabytes (you don't have fingers and you don't win) there would already be an inequality.

If you're right about something, it's that there are brilliant ones that are better than megas, what would be "ideal" is that they rebalance in megas, something that we'll wait for years (like professions).

Taking out 2 megabytes in raids seems very broken to me, there are 2 max 3 megabytes that have good damage and for raids with only having 1 you gain a percentage of damage, imagine having 2, something outrageously stupid...

The issue of the gigantamax let's say something "new" but this time with the gigantamax they stood out 10/10 (there are 3 by the way Carlos Eduardo). The gigantamax kingler, butter and alcremie have; good base damage, and Hp would even say these are better than existing megs.
In conclusion, 2 megabytes for incursions/respaw seems very broken to me, but for duels I think it would be fine, although preferably a rebalancing to megabytes would not be bad, it seems that they are just for decoration
From what I see, if it is unfair on a situation, it would be unfair for every situation. For example, for some people dueling is as important as raids are. So I don't see a scenario where 2 megas are broken for raids (especially cse most of our megas actually suck) and not for dueling itself.
The suggestion for 1 mega/1 gmax, in the other hand, makes way more sense and allow people to use different mechanics while we dont have a perfect one (like for example, disabling a mega to start the countdown on cd). We can't adapt PAdventures to the same strict rules we have in other formats (like competitive pokemon, vgc, etc) because we don't have their balance.

Also, feeling like some stuff is missing:
- Unlinking items for gmax (and maybe bug net)
- Tasks to help people to get the daily tokens up-to-date (for people who missed daily logins/stopped playing for a while)

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
My suggestion remains the same as in my old topic about megas:
- Individual cooldown for each mega evolution and gigantamax,
- Allow each player to only have one Mega or Gigantamax active at a time in their team of 6 Pokemon. ( The game has a system that limits the use of certain helds items to 1 at a time, right?

Example: Life Orb that the game does not allow us to have 2 equipped in the team.
If we try to equip two life orbs, we get the following message -> 11:59 [Held items system]: You are already carrying too many Pokemons with: Life Orb.
If the Pokemon with the life orb are in the deport and we try to pass both to the Pokemon case, we get the same message stopping us.

ps: I still dream of being able to mega evolve Pokemon shinys ! Not for their power, but for their beauty! Have you seen how beautiful Mega Metagross and Gardevoir shinys are?
ps2: The general idea is that we can activate more than one Mega Pokemon or Gigantamax at a time, but we will be limited to have only one in the team. Example: I have 3 active megas in the deport(locker), but I can only take 1 with me! (Remembering that each of these megas would have its individual cooldown)

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I see, if it is unfair on a situation, it would be unfair for every situation. For example, for some people dueling is as important as raids are. So I don't see a scenario where 2 megas are broken for raids (especially cse most of our megas actually suck) and not for dueling itself.
The suggestion for 1 mega/1 gmax, in the other hand, makes way more sense and allow people to use different mechanics while we dont have a perfect one (like for example, disabling a mega to start the countdown on cd). We can't adapt PAdventures to the same strict rules we have in other formats (like competitive pokemon, vgc, etc) because we don't have their balance.

Also, feeling like some stuff is missing:
- Unlinking items for gmax (and maybe bug net)
- Tasks to help people to get the daily tokens up-to-date (for people who missed daily logins/stopped playing for a while)

13:11 [Held items system]: 1x G-Max: Butterfree recovered.
13:11 The item have been unlinked from your character.
Just in case unlinker does work on g-max stones (since they work the same way as mega)

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
13:11 [Held items system]: 1x G-Max: Butterfree recovered.
13:11 The item have been unlinked from your character.
Just in case unlinker does work on g-max stones (since they work the same way as mega)
A guy was trying to unlink Alcremie g-max stone but couldnt. Is it working on that also?

groszek

Reaction score
I agree that the mega/giga system should be changed. as in the suggestion of 2/3 mega/giga in the team, this is nothing unusual. a lot would improve the mega/giga system because more people could use stones and now unfortunately it is very limited. you can even say that some mega are much weaker than shiny pokow.

it's the same why someone can have 6 shiny rooms in the team but already 2/3 mega not?

you know, mega / giga is more fun than some great profit in the form of dmg ( ok mega bannete is probably too strong - I don't use it so I don't know but a lot of people say so ) make a rebelance not which mega if they need because there are not too many of them in comparison to shiny and give you the ability to freely use your stones.

I hope that the administration will follow the voice of the people and change this.

one positive change is the revised cooldown mode

another is to increase the mega limit to use 2/3 really doesn't seem to be much of a balance here.

next change as mentioned above. Each mega should have its own cooldown.

so that you can use them more often.

Regards !

Skyrus

Reaction score
What is the limit now because I also saw someone doing a duel with mega gardevoir and mega steelix in 1 team, I thought I have seen on forum that you could only use 1 mega, did it change?

Tsotss

Reaction score
What is the limit now because I also saw someone doing a duel with mega gardevoir and mega steelix in 1 team, I thought I have seen on forum that you could only use 1 mega, did it change?
Thats a bug. When you active 1 mega, time expires of it, use another mega and don't call out 1st mega, then have 2 in team (1 new and 1 with time expired) and start a duel. This way u can have few mega during duel. Important is not calling out megas when time of them expires. Something like that, hope is quite clear.

Skyrus

Reaction score
Thats a bug. When you active 1 mega, time expires of it, use another mega and don't call out 1st mega, then have 2 in team (1 new and 1 with time expired) and start a duel. This way u can have few mega during duel. Important is not calling out megas when time of them expires. Something like that, hope is quite clear.
Ah because they transform back when time expires when you call it out of the ball, but since it can't transform back in duel it stays in the mega form, unlike ditto it transforms back when called back into the pokeball.

Cesittos

Reaction score
I agree that the mega/giga system should be changed. as in the suggestion of 2/3 mega/giga in the team, this is nothing unusual. a lot would improve the mega/giga system because more people could use stones and now unfortunately it is very limited. you can even say that some mega are much weaker than shiny pokow.

it's the same why someone can have 6 shiny rooms in the team but already 2/3 mega not?

you know, mega / giga is more fun than some great profit in the form of dmg ( ok mega bannete is probably too strong - I don't use it so I don't know but a lot of people say so ) make a rebelance not which mega if they need because there are not too many of them in comparison to shiny and give you the ability to freely use your stones.

I hope that the administration will follow the voice of the people and change this.

one positive change is the revised cooldown mode

another is to increase the mega limit to use 2/3 really doesn't seem to be much of a balance here.

next change as mentioned above. Each mega should have its own cooldown.

so that you can use them more often.

Regards !

BUMP

Cesittos

Reaction score
I wanna ADD that Mega Stone Unlinker is too overpriced. Rethink about it!
We already have mega common stones that makes no sense at all to unlink OR even test it for fun.

Attachments

• megastone.png
    megastone.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 9

Cesittos

Reaction score
the price of the mega unlocker is good, so it would be better if they put more mega in respaw, there are several respaws that would be perfect for new megas
Are You Serious? 150 X 5K = 750K and some mega stones (most fishable) cost less than it. BS!

The point is mega stones and giga ones are harder to get and thats the reason why it should cost more and work way better (or similar) than most shinies in game.

LONG TIME shinies are easier to catch, to buy, to duel, to hunt and to sell/resell.

TOTALLY UNBALANCED!

Last edited:

Coszma.

Reaction score
I wanna ADD that Mega Stone Unlinker is too overpriced. Rethink about it!
We already have mega common stones that makes no sense at all to unlink OR even test it for fun.
Charm Unlocker is used to be premium shop feature only untill they started to put it in battlepass, now players prefer to buy it by market which costs you half of its price
It can be applied for mega stone unlinker too for once, i dont know and care to be honest. Heard some players struggle selling mega stones, this way might give breathe to dead stone economy. Especially nowadays where dumbs trying to sell mega stone vouchers in 5.000K

Cesittos

Reaction score
Hello dear community.

I know this kind of thread has been denied a few times, but im here once again

Currently the mega system is something fun, but with the amount of megas and gigantamax pokemons, sometimes you need to give up a pokemon to use another and that is extremely understandable.

My suggestion would be this:

Possibility to use 2 mega pokemons at the same time

Possibility to use 2 gigantamax pokemons at the same time

Possibility to use 1 mega pokemon and 1 gigantamax pokemon at the same time

using two mega\gigantamax pokemons would not unbalance the game. we currently have shiny pokemons better than mega pokemons, so this would not affect anything on respaw or in raid.

Some people use 2 mega pokemons in a duel (I don't know if this is a bug or not) and I don't see any problem with that.

This change would make people use the mega system even more and consequently they would have a new objective in the game, making these people dedicate themselves even more to getting new mega stones

Feel free to write something about this thread so that together we can form a better idea.

BUMP
After professions could we discuss a rework on mega/giga system? Stones should not be linked forever. I also disagree 150 diamonds price for mega unlinker item. Makes zero sense to nowadays gameplay economy.

The system is doomed to failure banning healthly sales. Most stones will be abandoned forever without use. If a player focus to achieve rarer stones, by hunt or quests, is his right to chose what he wants to do with it.

While some stones are close to impossible to get, others are fishable like junk by tons. Overrestricted by one side and super banalized by the other.

At least if mega unlinker price was lower, people would consume much more the item. Nowadays i doubt this item is selected frequently - even why is not profitable for resells.

By the way, we need a huge rebalance in many Megas. FOR REAL.

Skyrus

Reaction score
I agree that 150 diamonds is way to much for just unlinking a stone to be able to sell it, I get that the price was this high when mega stone voucher and the stones were pretty rare and new but since you can only use 1 stone it should be easier to trade them around.

If you have a stone worth 1 kk, you are not gonna spend 750k to unlink it to earn 250k. That just doesn't make sense. I think 50 diamonds which is 250k would be a good price for the unlinker.

Back