What's new

Welcome!

Improved Battle Mode

Shax

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I honestly don't know if anyone ever uses this mode, and, personally, I think is the most undervalued gadget/tool of the PA client which could (and should) be exploited in a better way. So just to get the Battle Mode a little bit revamped, this tool needs some improvements so it can also be used for leveling and hunting.

In order to do so, the following aspects, that are currently unavailabe, should be considered:

1. Enable an option to allow the Trainer to follow the Pokemon while you move, at least throughout a same floor. Maybe in a "Battle Mode module" (?);

2. Customizable distance in sqm that the Trainer should keep away from the Pokemon to 2, 3 or 4. For example, to avoid getting stuck in an area crowded by lured pokemon and die miserably (shit happens :v);

3. Allow the usage of (preferrably any) items while controlling the Pokemon. In particular, and more important, the usage of potions, revives and pokeballs (and flutes, maybe?);

4. Allow the usage of the "order command", otherwise your Pokemon cannot Blink while in Battle Mode. Same as above though, cause such command is indeed an "item";

5. Go into Battle Mode without needing to have the "mini screen" open and/or visible. For example, with a customizable hotkey or button (Ctrl+Tab would do it);

6. Enable the possibility of more attacking options/strategies. Currently, it is possible to turn on/off the "!melee" mode, and an option to "stand still attacking" should be enabled (not to attack+follow), to have more control over your Pokemon actions. In this scenario, you will have your target in the red square, but won't hit him until close combat, but it allows you to land distance attacks on it, and also the possibility to, while attacking a Pokemon "x", turn around and cast a wave towards another Pokemon "y" which is in the range of that move.

I am currently testing the perks of going on hunt/level only in Battle Mode, and im moving the Trainer by pushing some random item that I throw on the floor, that way the Trainer moves to reach it, then it won't die when I change Pokemon. This way I am trying to avoid swapping modes all the time. Although it hasn't gone very well so far, because when the Trainer moves away, the Pokemon "instinctively" follows him to the keep the regular distance of 2 sqm, so you need to be focused on going back to where you were.

I know that it may seem a cosmetic change, but I really think that Battle Mode is an incredible tool which can make the experience of playing this game more dynamic and fun for new and old players (considering that if old players do not want to use it, they are very welcome to do so).

Also, I am (kinda) aware of the complexity of such programming endeavour, but I am also confident on the skills of the people who are in charge :D.

Looking forward to read your opinions!

Shax
--
(Please comment, whether you like it or not).

Heavenly Aegis

Reaction score
4. Allow the usage of the "order command", otherwise your Pokemon cannot Blink while in Battle Mode. Same as above though, cause such command is indeed an "item";

Just use right click whenever u want to use the blink

Back