What's new

Welcome!

[Guide] How to activate and use the IP Security System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raszagal

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to another of Rasz's Tutorials and Guides, featuring the "IP Security System"

Usually, on the MMORPGs (Massive Multiplayer Online Role playing Games), a lot of players feel the necessity to get items and money "faster", that's the main reason why they start to "Hack" the accounts of other players, making the game experience of a lot of players a bit traumathic.

Considering that fact, a lot of "Security Hints" can be found over the Internet, for example:
  • Never share your account
  • Change your password Frequently
  • Never enter in Foreign Websites provided by random players
  • Never give your password to "Admins", they will never ask for your password
  • Always use real e-mails to register the account, You usually need it to recover a password
  • Etc etc etc

Those security hints are also applied on Padventures, and besides that, we have another way to protect your account, the "Ip Security System".
This system works restricting the login of all the characters of an account to just one IP (Internet Protocol), preventing unwanted logins into your account.

Since this system was implemented on the game, the cases of "hacks" have been drastically reduced. Even so, there's still some players that doesn't use it or doesn't know how to use it. That's why I've created this "mini" tutorial. If you read this you'll learn how to activate this system and protect your beloved account.

----------------------------------------------------

To learn how to activate this system, we'll follow a few steps. But firstly, what do I need to use it? Literally nothing. Only your account and Password are needed to activate this system.

We'll start with "Entering the Website"

We'll need to enter the website Padventures and login on it.

yyAZs[.png

Once you successfully login, there will be an alert msg telling you that you should really consider activating the system.

k[KxqE.png

To start the process, search below for Account Management. On this section, we'll notice 3 options:

sBies.png

- Change Password
- Security
- Logout

Choose the second one (Security), and it will send you to another webpage.

As soon as you click on the "Security" option, it will send you to the webpage where you'll configurate your IP Limit. Since the system was designed to make it simple, it already displays your current IP address by default.

vqalJT.png

The first line shows the IP that you should put if you have a Static IP (meaning that it doesn't change).
The second line shows the IP configuration that you should use if you have a Dynamic IP. This means that it changes everytime you restart your CP/Router/Modem, and if you don't put the dynamic IP, you'll have to configurate your IP limit everytime.

It's important that before choosing one of those options, you should check which type of IP you have. Most players have a dynamic IP.

Fill the required info (IP, for dynamic or static), and click the "Confirm" button.

Once you're done with it, it will show the next window:

Ju4UrA.png

This is the "last" part of the configuration, and the most important. The red numbers is the "Security Code". This code will allow you to change you IP Limit of your account whenever you want, so it's important that you SAVE THIS CODE. Write it on a paper and put it in your wallet, take a pic, send it via e-mail, etc etc. Just save it and keep it safe.

Even if it's important to save it, if you lose it there's always a way to recover it, but you need the e-mail used to register the account.

Now that you've finished the IP security config, your account will be safe.

This IP system has some advantages and disadvantages (Source: here)

Advantages
  • You can prevent unwanted login into your account.
  • You can prevent an easy hack to your account.
  • Feel secure while logged off.

Limitations

• It supports dynamic IP access, however if the "hacker" IP is similar to your IP, you got problems. (hard to happen)
  • You cant share your account!

What if I'm on another computer and I want to log in on my restricted account?

Well, maybe some players already started to guess this: How do I change my limit once it's activated?. Well, this feature has an interface, where we'll be able to change our IP limit without login.

To put an example, if you try to enter on another computer that's out of your IP Limit, it will show you the next message:

7nIfZ.png

Just click the "here" option, and it will send you to the next window

0ZfGaw.png

Here, you'll have the option to literally reset your IP limit. Just fill it with the required information and click the "submit" option.

If you do it correctly, you'll have the chance to config it again, with the new IP Limit, and as this interface is quite friendly with the users, it will show us the suggested IP, same way as the first time we configured it.

There's not a limited number of times to change your IP limit, so feel free to do when you find it necessary. Also, keep in mind that if you lose your IP code, you can always request a new one by using the Recovery account Interface on the webpage.

]qqZ7i.png

Choose the third option, and then Submit. On the new display, just write the e-mail you've used to register your account, and it's done. A new e-mail will be send to your inbox, with the new code inside.

D_pQll.png

With the new code, you'll be able to change your limit again. It's so simple!

Well, I hope you'll get used to this system, honestly it's quite easy to use, and it has a lot of good points, you'll be more safe with than without this system activated, so consider it.

Warm Regards,

Raszagal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back