What's new

Welcome!

Embargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bini

Reaction score
Hello i would like to suggest a rebalance on this spell(Embargo), it could be more efective when its used also u need to have a target selected and it doest go to the target it just spit randomly. Maybe a change on the formula will make it usefull

Thanks

NandoCruise

Reaction score
the formula is similar to Stone Egde's formula, but WAAAAY worse.

I didn't know the move so I checked it in Test Room and it's really weird.

It would be nice if you edit it into Stone Edge's formula. This way would be more useful and people would actually consider using it.

Tsotss

Reaction score
I don't agree with you, even if sometimes its hard to hit something. Don't make every move the same or similar to others. In game should exist moves which are harder to control as well. Also is not a big deal to put another TM it you don't like this one. Also don't forget about its DMG which is pretty nice and those moves jump around whole area.

Bini

Reaction score
@lewuseq i invite you to test this spell its pretty usseles and tell me another move that is harder to control? i think this move can be more usefull

Tsotss

Reaction score
@lewuseq i invite you to test this spell its pretty usseles and tell me another move that is harder to control? i think this move can be more usefull

I know how this move works. :) you can not control for example Rain Dance formula moves. Why here you don't want to suggest change? Sometimes here also you deal 8k sometimes 2k, sometimes nothing and here everything is ok. Oh wait... here it always work in whole area. Embargo part by part, so here is the problem, right? Don't make every move the same or similar to others cus is just harder to deal DMG.

Bini

Reaction score
Dude rain dance has totally a diferent formula, also im pretty sure u didnt test embargo ;) i didnt say i want the moves look the same i just want a little change on embargo to be able to use it coz now is usseles.. also let me tell u embargo need a target, and the spell doesnt go directly to the target that pretty sad

Tsotss

Reaction score
Dude rain dance has totally a diferent formula, also im pretty sure u didnt test embargo ;) i didnt say i want the moves look the same i just want a little change on embargo to be able to use it coz now is usseles.. also let me tell u embargo need a target, and the spell doesnt go directly to the target that pretty sad

I didn't say Rain Dance has the same formula. You asked about move which is harder to control. My answer was about it. And trust me I know how it works. :)

Carlitosii

Reaction score
The move definetely has to change. It is way too random for worse. It has a really low ceiling since its extremely unlikely that you will even hit 3 ticks of damage and an even lower floor since it can miss entirely on damage consistently.

Also it´s not even close to being the "Rain Dance" formula, rain dance can hit from 2K to 8K on a trustly basis. Embargo can deal ZERO damage on 3 straight spell casts due to its random properties It's also considered a top tier move even though it can MISS ALL of its damage regularly making this move borderline useless.

Theres no shame on accepting the fact that its a bad move and that it needs to change. People on this forum HATE to accept when they're wrong and think their opinion is absolute. Giving props, it was a good way to test new types of moves however I dont know a player that would prefer to have Embargo over "Snarl" for example.

Hope this changes in the future.

Tsotss

Reaction score
The move definetely has to change. It is way too random for worse. It has a really low ceiling since its extremely unlikely that you will even hit 3 ticks of damage and an even lower floor since it can miss entirely on damage consistently.

Also it´s not even close to being the "Rain Dance" formula, rain dance can hit from 2K to 8K on a trustly basis. Embargo can deal ZERO damage on 3 straight spell casts due to its random properties It's also considered a top tier move even though it can MISS ALL of its damage regularly making this move borderline useless.

Theres no shame on accepting the fact that its a bad move and that it needs to change. People on this forum HATE to accept when they're wrong and think their opinion is absolute. Giving props, it was a good way to test new types of moves however I dont know a player that would prefer to have Embargo over "Snarl" for example.

I just want to be sure. Are u talking about its new sprite or old one? Because it has been changed and now is much stronger than before.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score

No we are not going to change this move that thread was made when embargo worked like sizzly slide hitting like 15 random shots with certain aoe on a quite huge area where it did high dmg but it was hard to hit anything. Currently it works like light screen, burning jealousy, entrainment, meteor beam etc so it's good as it is i have never seen it hit less than once and usually i get 2-3 hits where 2 are quite rare and you can still hit more (and you can still always miss with rain dance doing 0 dmg). So i'm closing this thread since it should be closed ages ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back