What's new

Welcome!

Dragon type

tasker

Reaction score
as everyone knows the DRAGON TYPE is known to be outstanding but in the game I think they need a small damage boost or HP to demonstrate the greatness of their dragon type.

BOOST LIKE
500-1k MORE OF HP
OR
50-200 DMG DEPENDING OF THE MOVES

if you think it is correct and you confirm me I am ready to make the list of which need it and some that are useless
I am not the only one who thinks this, there are more people who have told me and I will take the time to post it

THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENCION :14::14::14::13::13::13:

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score
agreed, besides the shiny version, I never face any dragons on duels, and everybody knows the dragon type is useless at the moment because they only have weakness (ice, fighting, fairy and also dragon) besides dragon they dont have any other advantage on battles, so boosting this pokes would make them more usable on duels and bring more variety.

A suggestion of mine is boosting the HP, since dragons are known by having a lot of HP on nintendo games.. so i guess this would make them more usable, Also better counter moves to help them would be nice.

Lance

Reaction score
I do agree in everything, dragon type is kinda useless at the moment because of the "dragon type moves" they do just miserable amount of dmg just been in advantage with other drags, in the pve area who would level up with a dragon in dragon resp when there are fairys and ice more usefull, in the pvp the same actually, besides some shinys because of the moveset with less dragon type moves they are balanced in a way, but u will never see someone leveling with a dragon just because is good, there are few people willing to use them and would be nice if they get a little buff, maybe just a bit of dmg in the dragon type moves and some hp as they said before, they are known to be kinda "tank" in game.

Zecao

Reaction score
Hello, I very much agree with your arguments, I would like to add my personal opinion regarding dragons.
The dragons in Padventures, fulfill the function of being Pokémon with resistance to the 3 main types (water / leaf / fire) if we talk about their advantages, in terms of their movements, the dragon types are only effective against other dragon types, that's why Maybe they are not paying what they should.

Currently the game has the Fairy type, which in my opinion is the biggest problem of the dragon type currently, and here the first problem arises
how do we make the dragon type a little stronger?

Some of the things you guys are saying are fine, a little more HP, a little more damage in (dragon) attacks obviously this should be applied carefully, there are dragons that don't have this problem like (Naganadel / Dragalge / Turtonator / MCharizardX) by its types.
Perhaps and in my opinion, there should be no immunities, we could test how they perform if the dragon type is instead of attacking 0% damage, perform 10% so as to be able to at least finish a very low HP pokemon.

* here comes the good, abilities like corrolison, scrappy, or attacks like miracle eye, these should allow 100% damage to be inflicted, but the issue of immunities should remain as 10% damage since it is a very big advantage, it is that's why I mention it again. TRY how things work with 10%.
thanks

Nymeria

Reaction score
what to say about Normal type? They are so bad, that the most usable normal type pokes must have dark moves to hunt ghost. In general no one uses normal. Pokes OP in Pokemon Wolrd, like Snorlax are nothing in pad. Cuzz mechanics and all, pokes that hits only 1k, suffers. Dragon Types aswell, they must have a second type to be usable, pure dragon are close to nothing. While im at it, Why Goodra doesnt have protection? Counter is nothing in a big spawn where it get hammered 2x. You justa cant use it properly... Pre-evos have protection, and when u evolve the poke should get better, Goodra gets even worst.

Zecao

Reaction score
what to say about Normal type? They are so bad, that the most usable normal type pokes must have dark moves to hunt ghost. In general no one uses normal. Pokes OP in Pokemon Wolrd, like Snorlax are nothing in pad. Cuzz mechanics and all, pokes that hits only 1k, suffers. Dragon Types aswell, they must have a second type to be usable, pure dragon are close to nothing. While im at it, Why Goodra doesnt have protection? Counter is nothing in a big spawn where it get hammered 2x. You justa cant use it properly... Pre-evos have protection, and when u evolve the poke should get better, Goodra gets even worst.

Who explain thus guy that normal types are extremly op?
Lupogod / furretgod / spindagod XDD

Nymeria

Reaction score
Who explain thus guy that normal types are extremly op?
Lupogod / furretgod / spindagod XDD

im talking about hunting bro, who uses them?
duel i know nothing
+ spinda and luppony have mainly psy types moves to hunt ghost. wich is a point that i pointed in my previsiously topic dunno about furret xd

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I do agree that most of the dragons need a little buff, for example a good change was naganadel that got Flamethrower.

The only ones that keep their essence and are good are shiny druddigon and mega ampharos because their moveset is very balanced and varied.

On the other hand, I dont agree that there shouldnt be immunities because that will change completely all the meta. Although is little % of dmg, some stuns could make effect to the other poke. Also, there is a charm that gives the user a chance to hit 20% dmg through immunities.

Regards.

stin stauer

Reaction score
Hello, I very much agree with your arguments, I would like to add my personal opinion regarding dragons.
The dragons in Padventures, fulfill the function of being Pokémon with resistance to the 3 main types (water / leaf / fire) if we talk about their advantages, in terms of their movements, the dragon types are only effective against other dragon types, that's why Maybe they are not paying what they should.

Currently the game has the Fairy type, which in my opinion is the biggest problem of the dragon type currently, and here the first problem arises
how do we make the dragon type a little stronger?

Some of the things you guys are saying are fine, a little more HP, a little more damage in (dragon) attacks obviously this should be applied carefully, there are dragons that don't have this problem like (Naganadel / Dragalge / Turtonator / MCharizardX) by its types.
Perhaps and in my opinion, there should be no immunities, we could test how they perform if the dragon type is instead of attacking 0% damage, perform 10% so as to be able to at least finish a very low HP pokemon.

* here comes the good, abilities like corrolison, scrappy, or attacks like miracle eye, these should allow 100% damage to be inflicted, but the issue of immunities should remain as 10% damage since it is a very big advantage, it is that's why I mention it again. TRY how things work with 10%.
thanks

I disagree with you when you talk about changing the immunities, even a little bit as you said, the solution is just giving all dragons better counter moves, it would deal the necessary last damage you want

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I do agree that most of the dragons need a little buff, [...]
On the other hand, I dont agree that there shouldnt be immunities because that will change completely all the meta. [...]

I agree with Caxoxd, immunities must not be change. Sorry, but Pokemon Company decided that, not PAd.

Also, about the boost to Dragon-types: I think damage from Dragon-type moves should be boosted (Attention: Only dragon-type moves, not all other moves from the pokemon, for example Flying-type moves in Dragonite should stay the same). This boost could be like normal-type moves damage. What do I mean?:

Move Boomburst, for instance, deals 4k damage, since Normal-type moves don't deal 2x damage. With this in mind, I think this should also apply to Dragon-type moves, since they are suppose to be really strong. For example, Dragon Cry dealing 2 hits 2k each hit (4k base damage), or Draco Meteor dealing 700 per hit (base damage, like Return). Exactly the way it works for Normal-types.
In case of Dragon Storm, there are some pokemon who have 1.2k damage with Rain Dance, so I think dealing 1.4k per hit would be ideal, or perhaps 1.3k when 1.4k is too much.

Why?
Well, even when we get Raids from Dragon-types, Players tend to use Fairy/Ice type pokemon, or even Rock-types in case of Rayquaza, because they are way better to kill dragons than Dragon-type itself. This boost in Damage would actually make Dragon-types strong as they should be, not only in PVP but also to hunt Dragon-types.

About boosting HP, well, that's up to rebalance Team, but I guess boost in damage is more than enough. Furthermore, those Dragon-type pokemon without a protection move nor the ability to learn Reflect (like Goodra) should be rebalance with either one of those possibilities.

Regards,
Nando Zoul

Tsotss

Reaction score
Leave Goodra alone xd. For me it's one of the greatest Dragon-type pokemon to exp, even if it "dies fast". Every other Dragon-type pokemon if I am not wrong has heal/prot/possibility of reflect. Just leave it as it is (the only change which could be made I wrote on Goodra's thread; hope would be considered and accepted).

Broka

Reaction score
I agree with Caxoxd, immunities must not be change. Sorry, but Pokemon Company decided that, not PAd.

Also, about the boost to Dragon-types: I think damage from Dragon-type moves should be boosted (Attention: Only dragon-type moves, not all other moves from the pokemon, for example Flying-type moves in Dragonite should stay the same). This boost could be like normal-type moves damage. What do I mean?:

Move Boomburst, for instance, deals 4k damage, since Normal-type moves don't deal 2x damage. With this in mind, I think this should also apply to Dragon-type moves, since they are suppose to be really strong. For example, Dragon Cry dealing 2 hits 2k each hit (4k base damage), or Draco Meteor dealing 700 per hit (base damage, like Return). Exactly the way it works for Normal-types.
In case of Dragon Storm, there are some pokemon who have 1.2k damage with Rain Dance, so I think dealing 1.4k per hit would be ideal, or perhaps 1.3k when 1.4k is too much.

Why?
Well, even when we get Raids from Dragon-types, Players tend to use Fairy/Ice type pokemon, or even Rock-types in case of Rayquaza, because they are way better to kill dragons than Dragon-type itself. This boost in Damage would actually make Dragon-types strong as they should be, not only in PVP but also to hunt Dragon-types.

About boosting HP, well, that's up to rebalance Team, but I guess boost in damage is more than enough. Furthermore, those Dragon-type pokemon without a protection move nor the ability to learn Reflect (like Goodra) should be rebalance with either one of those possibilities.

Regards,
Nando Zoul

Agree

stin stauer

Reaction score

Why?

Regards,
Nando Zoul

Not sure about it, ofc Sting can boost damage if he wishes, but dragons will always suffer a lot of damage because of the many weakness they have, besides that, dragons are known by being rare and full of hp..

I've also seen that the shiny versions(turtonator and drudigon) with tough candy seem to be a little bit better because they survive enough to deal more attacks, so more life combined with good counter moves to all of the dragons seem to be better than just incresing damage of dragon moves, since the biggest problem is that dragons can't kill anything well besides other dragons..

but ye.. damage is always welcome anyway...

in

Reaction score
Maybe new abilites will help something like liquid voice but changed.
'' Turns the user's dragon moves into x-type moves if the foe is of x-type.
For example:
Turns the user's dragon moves into grass-type moves if the foe is of water-type.''

Back