What's new

Welcome!

[CURRENT] Held Items - Disccussion/Suggestions

Coszma.

Reaction score
Hello, i notice that pokemon which i put focus sash being in paralysed or sleep status while held is active, any solution about it ?

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello, i notice that pokemon which i put focus sash being in paralysed or sleep status while held is active, any solution about it ?

did not understand what you meant

Coszma.

Reaction score
Focus Slash held item makes pokemon untouchable for 4 second you know, in this 4 second pokemon catch paralyse or sleep condition from wild pokemons

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Is it possible to turn Ability Urge into a support item just like the Ability Capsule and reduce both held items CD but only for PvE? I'm saying that because maybe this change could be too OP for the PvP side of the game.

Also, since both Ability Urge and Ability Capsule keep the ability till the pokemon is returned to the pokeball, can it be changed so the effect lasts X amount of time even if the pokemon returns to the pokeball? For example, changing the effect to last only 20 seconds. This would also reduce the OPness of the item in PvP.

Last edited:

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Suggestion to soda pop:
I think the cd is too short(10 sec), for this reason my suggestion is that it should copy the cd of the move restored.
I used this held with jellicent and it healed 3 times, also it used freeze dry 4 times during a duel.XD

Zecao

Reaction score
Suggestion to soda pop:
I think the cd is too short(10 sec), for this reason my suggestion is that it should copy the cd of the move restored.
I used this held with jellicent and it healed 3 times, also it used freeze dry 4 times during a duel.XD

takjest!

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Suggestion to soda pop:

I agree with Caxoxd1.

Probably a lot of duellers would hate me for this but I'd like to suggest restricting Soda Pop for healing moves. This is way too OP. Specifically with pokemon like Jellicent or Kartana.

Stun-moves I would say it's ok, since this is a rare held item and it should have its advantages. But please change the formula of this held to avoid restoring healing-move's cooldown.

It's way too OP and unfair in duels

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community!

This post is regarding the held item: Choice Scarf
I would like to report the following:

I believe the formula when activating this item only consider the one type when the pokemon is of dual-type. I've been using this Held a lot and sometimes it helps ME but other times it helps MY OPPONENT.

For instance:
once I got Steelix (mine) vs Primeape (opponent); or
I got Golurk and my opponent got Gardevoir.

I would like to know if this held item does consider both types when pokemon has dual-type. If not, please fix it to consider both types.

I know there is plenty on the table, but I just wanted Staff aware of this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Tsotss

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community!

This post is regarding the held item: Choice Scarf
I would like to report the following:

I believe the formula when activating this item only consider the one type when the pokemon is of dual-type. I've been using this Held a lot and sometimes it helps ME but other times it helps MY OPPONENT.

For instance:
once I got Steelix (mine) vs Primeape (opponent); or
I got Golurk and my opponent got Gardevoir.

I would like to know if this held item does consider both types when pokemon has dual-type. If not, please fix it to consider both types.

I know there is plenty on the table, but I just wanted Staff aware of this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Bump Nando's question!

Idk if it works correctly. Can be any confirmation from you if it also include dual-type pokemons? Right now had duel, used Choice Scarf and it changed for Lucario (my pokemon) vs Chandelure (opponent pokemon). It really the most "neutrals ones". If I am not wrong actually were better options with my opponent.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Make "wise glasses" can be canceled by item urge or reduce time from 5 to 3 seconds
it is very abused now everyone is looking to have their 6 pokemon with skill swap or false swipe, I think it is a good way to balance the game, since wise glasses unbalances it

About held "seed's" Electric Seed, Grassy Seed, Misty Seed, Psychic Seed increase the duration of the effect to 2-3 more seconds after using "grass terrain, electric terrain, etc.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Make "wise glasses" can be canceled by item urge or reduce time from 5 to 3 seconds
it is very abused now everyone is looking to have their 6 pokemon with skill swap or false swipe, I think it is a good way to balance the game, since wise glasses unbalances it
Disagreed, with this change many people will use only item urge to cancel all the helds and the reason people dont use item urge in all the pokes is for this, so it's okay and we dont want this happens as you mentioned some time ago in this thread.
Besides wise glasses are good against some pokes for example if this happens a poke with skill swap + wise glasses wouldnt have any opportunity against lopunny + item urge because easily it can use a stun as tm and then a stun move from the moveset changed and the another poke will loose the oportunity to use reflect or recovery wish.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Disagreed, with this change many people will use only item urge to cancel all the helds and the reason people dont use item urge in all the pokes is for this, so it's okay and we dont want this happens as you mentioned some time ago in this thread.
Besides wise glasses are good against some pokes for example if this happens a poke with skill swap + wise glasses wouldnt have any opportunity against lopunny + item urge because easily it can use a stun as tm and then a stun move from the moveset changed and the another poke will loose the oportunity to use reflect or recovery wish.

Isn't it really op for you? there are very few pokemon that can counter that
a simple example, steelix / excadrill should have the full advantage of the type to win a diance or carbink right? but no, it is more likely to be victory of carbink / diance. is something too unbalanced the same delphox vs ghost, jynx vs ghost, etc.
btw there is other option 5 to 3-2 seconds if the problem is the excess of item urgent

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Isn't it really op for you? there are very few pokemon that can counter that
a simple example, steelix / excadrill should have the full advantage of the type to win a diance or carbink right? but no, it is more likely to be victory of carbink / diance. is something too unbalanced the same delphox vs ghost, jynx vs ghost, etc.
btw there is other option 5 to 3-2 seconds if the problem is the excess of item urgent

Nop, it isnt op for me, carbink and Diancie can defeat steelix if u dont know how to use steelix and ghosts with delphox aswell. I always defeat carbink/diancie/delphox with palossand although they have wise glasses.
I consider that the time is okay now. Although you said that with wise glasses you can "defeat" your weakness, this held is rlly necessary for a poke with skill swap + wise glasses to defeat some pokes that are really strong now that can defeat probably everything in dmg x1 as furret(with focus band)/cryogonal/shiny druddigon , for this reason I think the time of this held should be kept.
And not only do this held help to pokes with skill swap, this held also helps pokes with wish that doesnt have enough moves to cause dmg to some pokes for example jolteon/zeraora against ground.
So we just should use the correct poke in each one if we dont want to receive some dmg.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Nop, it isnt op for me, carbink and Diancie can defeat steelix if u dont know how to use steelix and ghosts with delphox aswell. I always defeat carbink/diancie/delphox with palossand although they have wise glasses.
I consider that the time is okay now. Although you said that with wise glasses you can "defeat" your weakness, this held is rlly necessary for a poke with skill swap + wise glasses to defeat some pokes that are really strong now that can defeat probably everything in dmg x1 as furret(with focus band)/cryogonal/shiny druddigon , for this reason I think the time of this held should be kept.
And not only do this held help to pokes with skill swap, this held also helps pokes with wish that doesnt have enough moves to cause dmg to some pokes for example jolteon/zeraora against ground.
So we just should use the correct poke in each one if we dont want to receive some dmg.

In the same way I have won a pokemon ghost, fire, rock/metal with jynx, it is possible? yes it's, but is op isn't a question of knowing how to duel. If before wise glasses you had for example 20% chance of winning now you have 60%.
you can't compare wise glasses with focus band, focus band can be canceled, and the balance of those pokemon you mention is apart from wise glasses
And the last, carbink, delphox, diance, jynx, jolteon etc. were already good before the held

Tsotss

Reaction score
Choice Scarf

Propably is the best in the beginning saying that it is gonna be similar to Baton Pass thread.

So a lot of people know how it works and everything is fine here (including here one message from Jano on game it gonna be fixed soon), but the problem is when this held is used by pokemon with Protection/Heal move. It can easily be used with benefit of the user, it can be easily said that pokemon with Heal/Prot move starting being OP with this held. Let me give just one example. I use Furret (which right now is so amazing for duel) with Choice Scarf. Furret has Rest in moveset and others great moves like Natural Gift, Sleep Talk etc. During many duels with Furret as a 1st pokemon with Choice Scarf I many times used 1/2 Natural Gifts, 2 stuns (counting TM) and others moves, then Rest and ending on Choice Scarf. The battle starts again, but my Furret has one more Rest, others moves and full HP when opponent's pokemon has yellow/red life and maybe any prot/heal move. Baton Pass had the same problem (and hope soon it will be fixed for every pokemon and forever), now we have Choice Scarf. It isn't fair using pokemon with Protection move or heal with this held against our opponent couse actually it makes the same (for user) what Baton Pass did, I mean it gives addidional heal/prot giving this way much more chances to win all battle. Ok, this held is canceled by Item Urge, but no everyone has pokemon with it or use with it as their 1st choice.

So my suggestion is: for pokemons which have Choice Scarf, let use just one time in all battle prot/heal move. This way it won't be so usable for winning.

Also one note. I know Baton Pass is a move which change for random user's pokemon and Choice Scarf should change pokemons for neutral ones in user and opponent teams, but still Choice Scarf (if is used by pokemon with prot/heal) gives so big adventage for user.

Saying Protection move I also included Reflect etc.

Hope you will consider something with it or if no... Well, see you in PVP! :)

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
In the same way I have won a pokemon ghost, fire, rock/metal with jynx, it is possible? yes it's, but is op isn't a question of knowing how to duel. If before wise glasses you had for example 20% chance of winning now you have 60%.
you can't compare wise glasses with focus band, focus band can be canceled, and the balance of those pokemon you mention is apart from wise glasses
And the last, carbink, delphox, diance, jynx, jolteon etc. were already good before the held

I didnt compare wise glasses with focus band, I used as an example about the time of wise glasses can help in some cases and I know that a poke psy with skill swap+wise glasses can cause good dmg to a poke ghost aswell, but why dont we use a dark poke?Anyway I mentioned a good example in my last comment,I defeated a poke with skill swap+ wise with a poke ghost.
Also I doubt jynx can defeat steel/fire pokes,I bet you to defeat empoleon , bronzong,melmetal with jynx.A good dueler will never use Steelix in jynx for obviusly reasons, same with using ghost against primeape.
And I will repeat as I mentioned before we just should use the correct poke for each one and remember that this held not only works with skill swap, also false swipe/wish. I dont like to repeat the same, so my last comment about it.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I realized that ability capsule is considered as support item, so I think it shouldnt be considered as support item because easily a poke can use smart candy or other + ability capsule in pvp.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
I know that a poke psy with skill swap+wise glasses can cause good dmg to a poke ghost aswell, but why dont we use a dark poke?
Really? you have plenty of time to use the movements exchanged even with dark portal, most good pokemon used for pvp have protection in their movements, not in tms if you make the change and luckily you use a good reflect, you practically win, also pokemon with skill swap / wish have reflect that's too much disadvantage for a pokemon that should win

A good dueler will never use Steelix in jynx for obviusly reasons, same with using ghost against primeape.
not with this imbalance, but we should do it, I guess it’s no longer necessary to talk about the advantage of type? primeape is an exception, it has always had dark moves

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community and Members of Staff,

It's been a while since Held Items were implemented and now we know which ones are good, which ones are ok and which ones are completely useless.

With that in mind, I'd like to make the following suggestion to these held items:

Suggestion number 1:

Beach Glass: Increases resistance to water type moves by 10%.
**Bright Powder: Increases resistance to grass type moves by 10%.
Chalky Stone: Increases resistance to rock type moves by 10%.
Draconic Scarf: Increases resistance to dragon type moves by 15%, but decreases damage dealt by 5%.
Griseous Orb: Increases resistance to ghost type moves by 15%, but decreases damage dealt by 5%.
Iron Ball: Increases resistance to steel type moves by 10%.
Muscle Band: Increases resistance to fighting type moves by 10%.
Pink Scarf: Increases resistance to fairy type moves by 10%.
Red Scarf: Increases resistance to fire type moves by 10%.
Resist Wing: Increases resistance to flying type moves by 10%.​

In my opinion, these Held Items are useless because we have Tough Candy, which not only gives a higher percentage but also resistance to all types. Or even X-Defense, which might have a lower percentage, but again... resistance to all types.

This is why my suggestion is to boost resistance of these helds to 20%, with the exception of Red Scarf. I think Red Scarf can be 15%, just like Green Scarf (Green Scarf: Increases resistance to grass type moves by 15%.).
Why? To avoid abuse in Duels, for those poke who are weak to Grass-types only or Fire-type only.

But Nando, why do you think these Helds need a boost of 20%?
Well, compared to Tough Candy, they only give resistance to 1 single type, I feel like this change would help players more in PvE. For instance, if you want to go hunt Water-type pokemon and your pokemon don't have Reflect, with held Beach Glass your pokemon could resist a bit more, hence use more moves.

I believe with this boost these Helds would be used more frequently and I honestly see no harm/abuse in them.

**About held Bright Powder, since we already have Green Scarf, it would be nice if you change effect for resistance to Bug-types

Suggestion number 2:

Misty Seed: Increases resistance to all types by 25% while casting Misty Terrain.
Psychic Seed: Increases resistance to all types by 25% while casting Psychic Terrain.
Electric Seed: Increases resistance to all types by 25% while casting Electric Terrain.
Grassy Seed: Increases resistance to all types by 25% while casting Grassy Terrain.​

Not so many pokemon have Terrain moves and they are not very popular as TMs. Which is my, I believe these Helds with the right effect could make Terrain moves more popular.

Seed helds give resistance while casting Terrain moves. I checked with my cronometer and all Terrain moves last 4 seconds. I feel this is too little, which is why I suggest an increase from 4 to 8 seconds . (8 Seconds are approximately 3 moves from opponent)

The description could be something like this:
"Increases resistance to all types by 25% for 8 seconds when X Terrain is used."

Well, I thought about this boost because seeds are also unpopular/unused helds.

What do you guys think? Do you think they could be too op? Do you agree with my idea?

Stay safe and healthy!
Nando Zoul~

Back